BY GIMBAL'S

Est. 1898 Gimbal s Fine Candies® All Natural Black Licorice. Made with Real Licorice Root & Pure Anise. No Artificial Flavors. No Artificial Colors. No Preservatives One of the most recognized herbs in the world.  Licorice was discovered in ancient times.  Introduced to England in the Middle Ages, a Pontefract Monastery known for crafting delicious sweets quickly spread the popularity of licorice.  Centuries later, original licorice recipes were brought to America and passed down through the generations.  We invite you to enjoy our time-honored family recipe. Founded in 1898, the Gimbal family tradition. see more...

• So no definitive answer about weather these are soft or hard to c...2 Answers
Jessica U.
Jessica U.
Dora, AL
Sweet Tooth Expert
The best licorice that I can find at my local stores (Walmart). It has a strong flavor and rich gummy texture. I love using licorice for cramping relief.
Shannon C.
Shannon C.
Orem, UT
Woof! (Pun totally intended) these are seriously too salty!! Yes. Salty! Good licorice flavor, horrid overall flavor due to the salt. Gag.
Wendy K.
Wendy K.
Dowagiac, MI
My husband is a licorice fiend, and these are his absolute favorites. He has never had trouble with them being hard to chew or being too hard -- in fact, he was able to chew them with no problem with only half a set of teeth (before he got his dentures). I always make sure to tuck a package of them in his Christmas stocking!
Brenda F.
Brenda F.
Mount Victory, OH
This cute little gummies have a very distinct licorice flavor. My family loves them! They are a little hard to chew though.
Heather T.
Heather T.
Anaheim, CA
I love real licorice, but these fell short, they had a great licorice taste, but they were so sticky and hard I just about broke a tooth! My grandma on the other hand loved them so go figure lol.
Bridget H.
Bridget H.
Jacksonville, NC
Sweet Tooth Expert
So no definitive answer about weather these are soft or hard to chew. I wish there was more reviews so I could have a more better view. I guess I'll have to give it a try.