Add a Photo

By GILLETTE VENUS®
#5 in Shaving Creams & Gels
Our Most Advanced Shave Gel Formula to Promote Radiant Skin, Every Time You Shave Remarkable Coverage Helps Prevent Missed Spots 2 Ultra-Creamy Formula Helps Protect Against Nicks, Redness Feel of Razor Burn 3 For Great Results, Use with Gillette Venus Olay Sugarberry Razor With 5X more moisturizers, Venus with a Touch of Olay, Sugarberry Bliss shave gel, helps protect skin against moisture loss while shaving. 1-800-GILLETTE
Photos (19)
Abilene, TX

I tried this product for free thanks to Gillette. I have to admit that I'm guilty of shaving with soap regularly due to laziness. However, this Venus shave gel is definitely superior to soap. It leaves my legs feeling very smooth and hydrated even without moisturizing afterwards. Sometimes, they still get that slightly itchy post shave feeling though. I love the color of the gel and how it slowly changes color, purple is my favorite color. However, the scent is too strong for me and the texture is not personally preferable to me. The texture is very thick and dense, I prefer a gel that turns into a fluffy foam, but it's really just what I like rather than anything being wrong with the product. I compared the gel to another gel by a different brand (received as a gift), by putting a different one on each leg. The results were similar: easy gliding of razor, smooth shave, soft legs. The final verdict: I like the Venus with a Touch of Olay shave gel, but when it runs out, it's very unlikely I will purchase more since I can just use soap and moisturize afterwards for cheaper.
Heather W.
Heather W.

I really liked this product, more than I initially thought I would. I expected the Venus with a Touch of Olay shave gel to be like most others I have tried in the past, but boy was I surprised! First of all, it squirts out very easily from the can but not too much, so not a lot of waste. Next, it changes from a gel to a foam as you apply it to your skin, making it stretch much further than it would seem. Third, the scent was heavenly and lastly, my legs were much smoother than they have been in a long time, even before applying lotion after my shower. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for a good shave gel. It seems as though it is going to last me a long time and I am very grateful for that! I recieved this shave gel for free from Gilette in order to provide a review, but this has been my honest and unbiased opinion. Thanks Gilette, I'll be recommending this shave gel to anyone who will listen!
Abilene, TX

i really liked this product, more than I initially thought I would. I expected the Venus with a Touch of Olay shave gel to be like most others I have tried in the past, but boy was I surprised! First of all, it squirts out very easily from the can but not too much, so not a lot of waste. Next, it changes from a gel to a foam as you apply it to your skin, making it stretch much further than it would seem. Third, the scent was heavenly and lastly, my legs were much smoother than they have been in a long time, even before applying lotion after my shower. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for a good shave gel. It seems as though it is going to last me a long time and I am very grateful for that! I recieved this shave gel for free from Gilette in order to provide a review, but this has been my honest and unbiased opinion. Thanks Gilette, I'll be recommending this shave gel to anyone who will listen!
shelby B.
shelby B.
Killeen, TX

This Gillette razor and Olay shaving gel are the cat's meow! The packaging on the razor was so easy to open- it had a nice notch and hinge. I didn't have to get out my knife. The handle fit perfectly in my hand and didn't slide out while using it. The 5 blades gave me such a smooth, close shave and it took half the time. I was skeptical about the gel bars. I just did not believe you could get a comfortable shave without using shaving cream. So, the first time I used the razor I did it sans cream. Amazing! The second time I shaved with my free trial razor I used the Olay Sugarberry shave gel. The mild scent of berries was uplifting not overpowering. A little shave gel goes a long way too. My legs were nice and soft when I was finished.
Thank you Gillette and Olay for 2 terrific products!
Ashiah W.
Ashiah W.
Baton Rouge, LA

Hannah C.
Hannah C.
Lafayette, LA

Marielena O.
Marielena O.

I love the Sugar Beery Bliss scent of this shaving gel. It makes bathing into a spa like experience. However it is really difficult to find in stores so I was pleased to find it here.

The pricing is similar to drug store price points but you don't have the chance of traveling to a store and finding it out of stock. I like the convenience of the multi pack so I can keep one in each bathroom and have a backup.
The scent is a sweet non specific fruity fragrance. The texture is just right for shaving and leaves skin feeling moisturized.

I hope my opinions are helpful in your purchase decisions.
I purchased this product at full price.
Nakaiya W.
Nakaiya W.

This is the best shave gel I've ever used. I use this shave gel with the razor to match it which is the Venus and Olay razor in Sugarberry and they are the perfect combo. I use the shave gel with it when the moisture bars on the top and bottom of the razor blades run out. But you can also use it with the moisture bars on it. I also use it with the Venus Embrace razor and it works so well with it too. I LOVE the scent to this shave gel too. With this product, a little goes a long way. I told my best friend to try it and she loves it too so I definitely recommend this to anyone.
Ashley M.
Ashley M.
Bristol, CT

I am someone who can either use shaving cream or just use water when shaving and be fine with either. When trying this shaving cream I found that my legs were left softer than if I had just used water. It also seemed to be easier to shave the hair off in just one pass. The smell is wonderful and the gel creams up very easy. The only thing I was disappointed by was that there is Red 33 in the ingredients as I try and stay away from artificial colors in health and beauty products.
Dee S.
Dee S.
Sacramento, CA

I actually prefer this shaving gel over my old HG eos shaving cream! I was a little nervous over the scent because I'm so used to the scent names being literal that I had no idea what a sugarberry smelled like! But it actually smells really good! It smells like a mixed sweetened bag of berries. Its a very summery scents. This particular scent is my favorite, I also have the purple one but this one is my HG.
Stephanie S.
Stephanie S.
Lansing, MI

Is this good for sensitive skin?
Christine B.
Christine B.
Schaumburg, IL

I currently use shampoo or conditioner when I shave. Does a true shaving gel make a difference...help avoid cuts, exfoliate skin or leave skin softer than it would be without the gel? Also, does the fragrance fade quickly?
Karen A.
Karen A.

Does this irrate your legs like the cheap stuff

Join Now