BY GILLETTE VENUS® #1 in Women's Razors

Ayla A.
Ayla A.
I usually just buy whichever shaver is a good deal at the store, however, after receiving* my Gillette Venus® Swirl through @Influenster & @GilletteVenus, I was eager to see how a more expensive shaver would preform.
To say the least, I was very pleasantly surprised and haven’t shaved my legs as quickly as I did with the Gillette Venus® Swirl. Unlike the shaver I usually use, Gillette’s shaver just glides over my skin without leaving much hair. (Keep in mind when I did used the shaver, I hadn’t shaved in quite some time so my legs had a lot of hair on them) It was very nice since usually I’ll have to go over an area multiple times to make sure the leg is left smooth, not this time!
Also, I really liked the thick moisturizing strips because my legs are already dry, so trying to keep my legs soft while shaving them can be hard.
Along with that, the ball and socket neck made for a very easy time shaving, because the shaver was able to turn about my leg in places that are usually hard to reach.
Overall I am VERY happy with this shaver, and although it is a bit on the pricey side, it is well worth the soft, smooth legs you get at the end.
*complementary from Influenster
Brandy D.
Brandy D.
Lanett, AL
I received this razor for free in an Influenster Vox Box. I was excited to try this. I have seen the Flex Ball advertisements and magazine ads and wondered if it in fact made a difference. I love the grip, it's extremely comfortable and I didn't fear my fingers slipping and risking cutting myself. I did like the Moisture Glide strips which make for an easier shave, however I was disappointed in the smoothness of the shave. It was not as smooth as I get from my normal Gillette razor. Noticing the razor has five blades, I was surprised I didn't feel a closer and smoothr result. I will need to pay better attention next shave tand make sure I am using it properly. The roller ball was different and gave flexibility ti the razor itself, but again, I didn't seem to gather a benefit in smoothness or navigating touch areas like the knees and ankles. However I look forward to using it again and seeing if I have a different and possibly smoothr experience!
Rashida J.
Rashida J.
Lockport, NY
When you have tried so many razors on the market and you still haven't found that smooth feel you always wanted. You wonder when a company will come up with that one product that will blow you away..Well I think ive met my match. I will say this is one of the best razors that ive ever bought in awhile. i love how it moves with the curves of my body and not only that but 5 blades..yes 5 blades of smoothness. So touchable bae couldn't keep his hands from touching my legs..I'm very pleased with this product. yes the prices is somewhat up there at 12.00 but if you check the Sunday paper you can catch sales at target where you could be paying 7.99 or Walmart at 10.99 and don't forget you coupons. Coupons.com is also great as well as Sundays paper..I got a 3.00 coupon once and went to target and ended up paying 4.50 for this razor..But on another note definitely try her out I bet you will fall in love with her as much as I did. Happy Shaving.
Wendy T.
Wendy T.
I receive this razor in my glam Vox box to try out and I have to admit that I really really like it. I've tried so many razors over the years that I started to care less what I bought. The end result was always the same. The razors would either dull really quickly, cut me if I shaved too close, or didn't shave close enough. This razor has a gel like grip that when wet and lathered in foam, still wasn't slippery. Hairs were easily removed and dislodged from the blade. I got a really close shave and surprisingly enough, it's the first time I didn't cut myself trying to get a close shave. I was able to shave over my knees without a worry, and believe me, that is a feat. I have keratosis pilaris aka chicken skin, and believe me, I'm bumpy everywhere. Despite all that, I got a great smooth shave without a single cut and without missing a hair. This is one product from the Vox box I'll definitely purchase in the future.
Stacey S.
Stacey S.
Ashland, KY
After receiving this for free in a VoxBox, I used the Venus Swirl razor today and loved it! The blades and Flexiball allow for a very close shave. I didn't have to keep shaving in the same areas to get all of the hair. Therefore, I saved time shaving - and who doesn't want to save time in their beauty routine?

This razor worked extremely well over my knobby knees. I tend to cut myself around my knees and ankles. I think the Flexiball allows for a better contour and prevents the razor from cutting these areas. In other words, most razors have a "skipping stones" movement over bumpy areas because they can't adjust to the curves. This is where the skin tends to get cut. I had a close shave on my armpits - which has been hard for me with other razors.

Overall, I loved this razor. I think the fact that it provides a close shave, doesn't feel harsh on my skin, and saves time makes it well worth its cost.
Nia N.
Nia N.
Wellness Guru Expert
I received this razor in the #ChooseToSmooth vox box, and was happy to give it a try, because I typically purchase my razors two-for-$1 at Dollar Tree. :) This one is typically $10 (and the refills are $20-40), so... big difference. First off, the packaging is easy to get into, the package includes a refill head (both heads are packaged sanitarily, in sealed packets), and there's a little pivoting "flexi-ball" head that helps the head contour to the curves of your body. Clearly, this blew my current razor out of the water! There's a protective rubbery thingie all around the razors (there are FIVE blades!), and there are moisturizing/lubricating strips on either side (top and bottom) of the blades. I'll include photos, including comparison with my beloved Dollar Tree blades. This is a solid product - so glad I had the opportunity to jump into the new shaving millennium! :D
Carolyn S.
Carolyn S.
Eastport , Ny
Wellness Guru Expert
I was able to try out the new Venus Swirl Razor for free thanks to Venus. IT IS AWESOME! This is the first time in years that I haven't cut myself shaving near my heals or on my knees. This razor contours to your skin and glides across. It makes shaving your knees, behind yours knees and close to your ankles so effortless. The handle has a nice grip to it and it fits perfectly into your hand and fingers. With the flexiball, it's able to shift and bend so you get a nice smooth, close shave. The 5 blades make sure that there is NO hair left behind! It works wonderful for shaving your under arms, also! It seems so much easier with the razor's flexiball. I've never gotten that close of a shave in my underarms! I'm absolutely in love with this razor. My old razor is in the garbage already! This Venus razor is purple and has a super cute design! Everything should be cute!!
Nicole K.
Nicole K.
I was excited to try this razor as I had gotten it on sale. At first it seemed to work well. Then I started to notice that the razor did not get as close of a shave as I had hoped for. The fact that it bends was something I was excited for, but I think that it almost hinders the quality of the shave. There is no resistance in the razor, it just bends.

I also noticed that after I used it the first time, the purple stuff around the razor which I think is mean to soothe the skin hardened in a strange way. It would get really soft in the shower, but then when it dried it would harden. It was actually kind of sharp and the second time I used it I honestly thought that I had cut myself with the razor because of it.

I don't think I'll get this specific razor again, but I still like the Venus brand. I'm just a little disappointed.
Kiera D.
Kiera D.
Kent, OH
I usually only use men's razors as they have more blades, the blades are sharper, and I just get an overall smoothr shave. However, after receiving this razor in the mail in a VoxBox and trying it out, this particular women's razor exceeded my expectations. It gave me a close shave that has lasted at least 24 hours, and my legs are really smooth. One thing I liked about this particular razor more than my other razors is that it didn't get easily clogged (I use coconut oil to shave rather than shaving cream, which clogs razors much easier). However, I didn't notice that if you did let it get clogged, because of the design of the actual razor part, it was really difficult to clean out. In addition, the top is very very wide making it difficult to shave those "hidden" areas, particularly on the bikini line.
Courtney T.
Courtney T.
Tulsa, OK
I'm a huge fan of everything Venus has to offer. Anytime I see a new razor I have to try it! Since I'm also lazy and find shaving a pain I like to make it as easy as possible. When I saw the rotating razor I thought it would make shaving a bit easier for those hard to reach areas. While I think it's a great razor nothing really stood out from the others with this one, and another thing I love about the Venus razors is the built in shaving creme bar. This one actually didn't have much of that as most of the others do. That was pretty much the biggest disappointment, but it's still a great razor. If you're looking for a great razor the Venus line is perfect, but if you're familiar and want more of a change this one really doesn't do anything more than the others except move a little on each side.
Jessie C.