Influenster app

Discover more on Influenster with our app!

Install

influenster

influenster

JOIN NOW

Gillette® Venus® Embrace and Venus & Olay Razors

Highlights
  • Venus Embrace blade refills provide an ultra-close shave with five blades that hug curves to get virtually every hair.  in 620 reviews.

• These razors are wonderful and I wouldn't trade them got the world they work with or without shaving cream I love them. in 462 reviews.

• I have sensitive skin and since I switched to this razor I've almost never had razor burn or issues with ingrown hairs. in 325 reviews.

• You don’t need shaving cream, and it does a fabulous job shaving and leaves my skin silky smooth with no nicks or cuts! in 231 reviews.

• Gillette Venus Embrace Razors lasted an extra long time and my shaved body parts were as smooth the fourth time as they were the first time! in 147 reviews.

• Any Venus blade refill fits any Venus handle so you can find your perfect shaving match without having to purchase a whole new razor. Try it out! o Venus Embrace blade refills provide an ultra-close shave with five blades that hug curves to get virtually every hair. Available in 4- and 8- count packages. o Venus & Olay blade refills feature Olay Moisture Bars that contain skin conditioners to help lock in moisture and with every smoothing stroke, Venus’ five blades provide an ultra-close shave. Available in 3-count packages. †Prices are at the sole discretion of the retailer. Based on monthly cartridge replacement rate and manufacturer suggested retail price from June 2011 to July 2012.

0 character used

Write Review
    HIGHLIGHTED REVIEWS
    Delia D.
    Delia D.

7 influensters found this helpful

I have sensitive skin and I love that Venus Embrace with olay has really helped with my legs not getting as much irritation bumps and itchiness. I love the smooth close shave I get. My legs look good and I am one happy women. I definitely recommend this shaver and your legs will thank you for it.

Natalie H.
    Natalie H.

5 influensters found this helpful

I was excited when I saw the Venus razor handle with 2 different refill blades to try. I have been using Venus razors for about 9 or 10 years now. I remember starting out with a similar blade like the Embrace, but the past couple of years I have been using the refill cartridges with the conditioning bars on the top and bottom of the blade, similar to the Olay refill.
    Also, I was very happy they included a 2$ off coupon for ANY Venus cartridge refill pack of 3 or more.

Pros:
    With the Olay cartridge you do not have to use any shaving gel/cream or lather up your legs or other areas with soap before shaving. The conditioning bar does all the work for you. It feels so smooth on the skin, and I do really enjoy the smell.
    With the Embrace cartridge, I am a little bit bias because I am so accustomed to the moisture/conditioner bar. However, it is still a great razor and it gets the job done with some great shaving cream/gel.

Cons:
    The cartridges are so expensive. On the card that they sent to me with the razor it says that I would spend on an average of $3.50-$4.50 per month for blade refills. Which is a LIE.
    The cartridges that I usually use are the Venus Breeze & Venus Spa Breeze (which are very similar to the Venus Olay cartridges). 1 package of 4 cartridge refills is anywhere from 15-18 dollars depending where you purchase them. The Olay cartridge refills come in a package of only 3 refills for around the same exact price, with not much better results.
    The conditioing bar on the top and bottom of the blade does not last very long, and once that is gone you have the choice of whether or not you want to keep using the blade without them. Meaning, you will have to use shave gel or lather up some soap. I would say that if you shave every day, the conditioning bars will last for about a week, and if you decide to keep using the blade after that, the blades dont get too dull for another week. So you CAN stretch it out for 2 weeks if you want to.

Another issue with the Moisture/Conditioning bar on the blades, is that when you use them often and they start to diminish, they will eventually fall off the razor. So you don't actually get to use the full amount of product up, and when it falls off there is nothing you can do to save it. So your left with just a regular razor blade.
    If this is a problem for you, you are better off buying a regular cartridge or razor without the moisture bar, and use shave gel instead.

Will I Repurchase?
    No, I will not repurchase the Embrace refills.
    However, I may in the future repurchase the Olay refills if they are on sale. But to me at full price they are not worth it when the Spa Breeze come with 1 more cartridge for the same price, and they are practically the same thing.

Vanessa J.
    Vanessa J.

4 influensters found this helpful

Venus is the only razor I trust on my legs, and is the only razor I can do my underarms with and they do not itch!!! The price is worth it because you get a lot more "shaves" per razor. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!! And you will too!!

Holly C.
    Holly C.

4 influensters found this helpful

This razor will give you a very close shave and leave your skin feeling smooth. It doesn't contribute to the razor burn as many others do. The only downfall is that the replacement cartridges are a bit pricey.

Liz R.
    Liz R.

4 influensters found this helpful

I love it it leaves your skin smooth and you don't need shaving cream :) for someone like me that my skin dries when I shave it worked perfect I think I found my new favorite razor :)

HIGHLIGHTED Q&A
    Bryana G.
    Bryana G.

Am I the only one who thinks the Gillette men razor's works the best? I still my bf's constantly. :)

27 answers Oct 16 - 2013 - 11:36 p.m.
    Alisha R.
    Alisha R.

If you have used the Venus Embrace, also, how does this product compare to that?

5 answers Apr 30 - 2015 - 12:30 a.m.
    Michelle H.
    Michelle H.

If you haven't tried the blue packaged one, your missing out! I'm really loving the one for sensitive skin. It's really a big difference

1 answer Feb 09 - 2015 - 3:15 a.m.
    cristina e.
    cristina e.

Has anyone gotten cut with these razors?

29 answers Jun 22 - 2014 - 12:47 p.m.
    Anna w.
    Anna w.

Are they really worth the money? Also which Is the best to buy?

12 answers Jun 08 - 2014 - 5:32 p.m.
    Mayjanelle P.
    Mayjanelle P.

Is it better to use shavig gel or cream? not sure which method is better. or is t the brand of gel or cream that makes a diff?

40 answers Oct 14 - 2013 - 2:17 p.m.
    ASK A QUESTION