BY GHIRARDELLI

New.
San Francisco. Founded in 1852. Ghirardelli Chocolate.
Intense Dark.
Midnight Reverie.
86% cacao.
Moments of timeless pleasure. see more...

• How good is this dark chocolate? Do they go any darker? I know th...3 Answers
Buy on Target*
  • "I really love dark chocolate but ghirardelli isn't the best chocolate well at least for the price they sell it at." in 7 reviews
  • "best chocolate this is super good i seriously only like this chocolate well so far this is the only one i like " in 1 review
Haryati S.
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi
Let me begin with the fact that I love chocolate. But I cannot stand food that are too sweet. So 86% cacao is just perfect for me.

I can take a lot of these and feels alright. Not too sweet and not completely bitter (though some people said it is too bitter for their liking). I always get them in a bag of individually wrapped pieces instead of the bar simply because I can carry them anywhere and pop it in when I feel like having chocolate.

UMM...
Don't have anything bad to say about this other than this one time when I brought this as a souvenir and it melt. I guess taking these for travel is not a good idea.

OVERALL.
Love them. Always have this in my fridge and in my bag.
Carina J.
I used to hate dark chocolate but Ghirardelli turned that around. They have great dark chocolate and nut or fruit combinations. Even my husband is hooked now and won't eat other brands. The pieces are not to thick. And the rich chocolate taste doesn't make you overindulge. If you watch what you eat this would satisfy your cravings.
Gemma H.
This is the perfect dark chocolate to keep stocked permanently in order to get your daily square in. It really helps that each piece is individually wrapped so you don't have to worry about overindulging, and it makes it easy to toss in your purse when you're on the go! Will continue to purchase.
Melanie B.
Cheektowaga, NY
The darker the better! While this chocolate does have a biter taste and not for the faint of heart, if you love dark chocolate like I do, this is a must have. The chocolate breaks apart easily for portions (if you want to limit yourself) and has a full body taste.
Monica R.
Champaign, IL
I love Ghirardelli dark chocolate!! This is a really rich dark chocolate but I found 86% cacao to be a little too intense for me and little bitter. I prefer around 70% cacao. Ghirardelli is great, but it is a tad expensive for just a regular bar of chocolate.
Rebecca S.
Brownsboro , TX
This is a strong, just-this-side-of-bitter, dark chocolate; not too sweet at all. It is a little bit brittle because of the high cacao content, but I enjoy the snap! It still melts nicely in your mouth, however. It is a bit pricey, but worth it.
Yasmin A.
I'm normally not a fan of high percentage dark chocolate, but I love Ghirardelli's 86% dark chocolate! It's so smooth and creamy. Most dark chocolates with this high of a percent are chalky and bitter. This one isn't like that.
Maria S.
Fernley , NV
these are probably the only dark chocolate bars i eat. i usually don't dark chocolate but these are delicious. i think its just the right amount of everything in it. i have these once or twice around the month. recommend.
Sarah M.
Saint Louis, MO
I bought this hoping I would like it because I am a big fan of dark chocolate. I found this to be too dark for me and it tasted a little bit bitter. If you like intensely dark chocolate though, you will like this.
T S.
As a dark chocolate lover, its still a little too intense for me, but great for baking! Using it as chocolate chunks in cookies is great.
Roman J.
How good is this dark chocolate? Do they go any darker? I know there's good health benefits so I was curious