BY GHIRARDELLI

• How are these? Is the sea salt an overpowering taste?2 Answers
  • is this chocolate any good I have been tempted to get but...2 Answers
  • How does this compare to less expensive alternatives? Is ...2 Answers
Valissa W.
Okay, Okay, I am a bit biased as I already love anything Ghirardelli's. And I love sweet and savory foods together. So i was very happy to find out GD'S had a sea salt bar. With MILK chocolate. Maybe i wasn't looking hard enough, but mostly all I could find is dark chocolate seas salt bars. Not for me. I really enjoyed this "Sea Salt Esacape", although I don't know how the almonds come into the name. Not that i really care about the name as long as these chocolates keep coming....
Michele B.
Naples, ME
I'm a huge chocolate fan. With that said, they really have made a perfect combination chocolate bar with roasted almonds and sea salt. From the texture of the chocolate to the crunch of the almonds and the burst of the sea salt. It's a perfect blend and worth spending a little more money for.
Danielle G.
Mayfield, KY
Love, love, LOVE this chocolate bar. I am the kind of person who love something sweet and salty, one right after the other, but this gives me both at the same time. What is even better is the use coarse sea salt that give the chocolate bar a little crunch. It's pretty amazing in my opinion. These are great for gift giving. I mean, if you are going to give chocolate as a gift (like Valentine's day or just because) this will probably score you bonus points with the recipient.
Samantha L.
Tampa, FL
Basically, its creamy milk chocolate combined with sea salt and almonds. I love chocolate, but I am also picky about my chocolate. I don’t particularly like dark chocolate, I prefer milk chocolate. As for things being mixed into the chocolate, the mix-ins I prefer are more chocolate ( I did say I was a chocolate lover!) I don’t like almonds. I am a fan of this particular chocolate, just not the almonds.
Tessa C.
Arlington, WA
I have always loved Ghirardelli chocolate, they're packaging is always very nice and it tastes high quality! If you are the type of person who loves almonds or any type of nut in your chocolate, you'll love this! The almond chunks are very small compared to most chocolate bars like this, so you get the perfect amount of chocolate and nuts in each bite. Also, there are tiny grains of sea salt inside the chocolate, so when you get a bite of chocolate, nuts, and salt it's HEAVEN!
Teresa K.
San Marcos, CA
So when I first opened my CosmoVoxBox and saw a bar of Ghirardelli Gourmet Milk Sea Salt Escape chocolate, I wasn't sure how good it would taste. I was pleasantly surprised by the nice combination that the sea salt, almonds, and chocolate make. The suble crunch of the almonds and the salty taste that is left in your mouth makes you want more. One of my favorite flavors of chocolate by Ghirardelli yet.
Melanie A.
Sacramento, CA
When I received this in my cosmo voxbox I was a little weary. First off chocolate isn't one of my loves. And salted chocolate is a definite hate. Still I decided to give this a try. Turns out it taste pretty damn delicious! Unlike most salted chocolate items I've tried the salt isn't overpowering. And the almonds give the chocolate a nice crunch. The reason I gave it a B is for the price. Personally I just can't see myself spending almost 3bucks on a chocolate bar.
Liz C.
You can tell when you bite into a Ghirardeli chocolate that it is much finer than your average candy bar. It just tastes different! You can tell that it is a higher quality. It doesn't seem too sugary and overdone like most chocolate candy you get at the drug store does. I find that when I eat it, I don't associate all that calorie guilt with it because it's not too rich and very fulfilling in smaller amounts. Not extra salty like what I imagined before eating it.
Katherine H.
Kenosha, WI
I was very skeptical when I first saw this chocolate. 1) I'm not a very big fan if milk chocolate and 2) Who puts bits of sea salt in their candy bars?! Well after my first bite, I was no longer skeptical! This stuff is melt in your mouth amazing! Everything blends perfectly. The smoothness of the chocolate, the bitterness of the sea salt and the light crunch of the almonds makes my taste buds dance!
Stacy W.
Greenville, SC
My boyfriend is a jewelry salesman and is constantly bringing me back various boxes of swiss chocolates from his swiss made watch seminars and classes. I always stray away from the chocolates and truffles with sea salt on top, it's overpowering and honestly, un-appealing to me, in general. However, these are nothing like that. They are amazing, with JUST the right amount of sea salt to make you think...mmmm sweet AND salty. I will definitely be buying these again.
Amber J.
Brooklyn Park, MN
I love sweet and Salty, how are these? I would love to try them.
Emma H.
Young Harris, GA
Ghirardelli or ritter sport?
Leeza S.
Bonaire , GA
Is your favorite caramel or sea salt escape ?
Devin R.
Sandusky, OH
Is this chocolate really hard when you bite it?
Nicole B.