BY GHIRARDELLI

• is this chocolate any good I have been tempted to get but...2 Answers
  • How does this compare to less expensive alternatives? Is ...2 Answers
Buy on Walmart
Cristal C.
I was Thrilled! to be able to try the Ghirardelli Sea Salt Escape chocolate bar. I had wondered what the chocolate would taste like, along with the salt. Would it be too salty though? Nope! It was the perfect combination, the perfect amounts of sea salt, & almonds. The chocolate was the true meaning of "melt in your mouth", it was so soft and delicious. Each bite you could taste the hints of sea salt, and that combination was truly divine! The roasted almonds weren't too many and nicely crunchy. Everything paired together was truly an "escape" I can't wait to buy some more! & give some as gifts too.
shebra c.
Lauderhill, FL
At first glance one may shy away from the combination of sea salt, nuts and rich chocolate, but curiosity will overcome. Usually curiosity killed the cat but in this case it killed it and then resurrected it by all the wonderful flavors that bring your taste buds to life. Just as you start to enjoy the richness of the chocolate you begin to taste the subtle hint of the sea salt before the taste of salt becomes to overpowering you are greeted with the crunchy texture and nutty taste of almonds. This chocolate delight will have you imagining you are sitting in your favorite romantic cafe especially if you pair it with a sweet dessert wine or sweet gourmet milk if you do not drink!!
Katie G.
I am a big lover of chocolate, so I was ecstatic to get this in my VoxBox---what a treat!! :-) This chocolate has "...creamy milk chocolate...combined with bursts of sea salt and roasted almonds." Now, I know first off it might be kind of weird that this chocolate has sea salt in it...but it doesn't taste bad at all, trust me!

It does have that slighty salty taste, but I think it really adds to the flavor. I can't remember how many times I want a chocolate/salty snack---like chocolate covered pretzels---and that is what this Ghirardelli chocolate gives you. A bit of sweet and a bit of salt.

Definitely a chocolate bar any chocolate lover will want to try out!
Jessica S.
Whitesboro , NY
I love this brand, and when I saw the caramel with sea salt i was super excited. Its the perfect blend of sweet and salty. I have used this for baking as well, ie...pie crusts, topping , caramel apples. I think this brand has mastered the art of combining different spectrums of taste without making one or the other overpowering. I would defnititly buy for me again and use this brand all the time in gift baskets. Smooth , rich creamy chocolate. The caramel is a perfect texture and not overly sweet . You get the caramel taste not just the "sugar " taste.
Sichelle W.
Mendocino, CA
The sweetness of this milk chocolate bar is perfectly balanced by the sea salt. And the creaminess is also balanced out by the loveliness of the crunchy toasted almonds. It became my new favorite as soon as I tasted it. As soon as it was gone, I ran out and bought two more bars. A second Sea Salt Escape, and also, an Intense Dark Sea Salt Soiree bar. I have to say, I like the Intense Dark Sea Salt Soiree even more than the milk chocolate! It was incredible, and is now my number one chocolate bar (by a large margin!) I would highly recommend both of these (well, any chocolate from Ghirardelli really!) and I even gave some as a gift recently.
Kerrin W.
Cranston, RI
I have always been skeptical with sea salt on chocolate. I don't know why though because every time I have tried it, I have loved it.

This was no exception. I told myself I was going start of slow, and share, this chocolate bar. That never happened. As soon as I saw it, I opened it up and tried it. It was so addicting!! The first bite, you can taste the smooth milk chocolate. Then you taste the almonds, with the sea salt at the finish.

It just wonderful! I'm glad I got to try this. I probably wouldn't have bought it if I saw it in stores, as curious as I may have been seeing it. Now that I've tried it, I'm sure I'll buy it.
Cherline D.
Spring Hill, FL
I was so excited to have been chosen to receive a vox box and was even more excited to see what I would be getting. When I opened the box and saw the chocolates I leaped for joy. Anyone who knows me knows that I am a sucker for good chocolates and Ghirardelli is one of my fave brands. I had never tried the sea salt escapes but of course I wasn't disappointed. It was sweet and savory and I just ate it all up (well not all of it I shared some with my love and daughter..lol). If you're a chocolate lover like me this is a must try.
Elizabeth M.
North Plains, OR
When I opened my VoxBox and saw that there was a Ghirardelli chocolate bar in it, I was SO excited. My husband tried to steal it first thing, but he HATES anything with sweet and salty combined. I, on the other hand, LOVE that combination. If you are wanting to try something in the sweet and salty range, this might be a good place to start, because it is not super salty, like I like. It has just a hint of saltiness. I shared the bar with my mom and sister, while we made Christmas Ornaments and they both liked it as well. I wish it were a little saltier and also had caramel, but I would still buy it like it is.
Jennifer D.
Pittsburgh, PA
...but not enough of the latter. I received a sample of the Ghirardelli Sea Salt Escape bar in my Cosmo VoxBox from Influenster. I was beyond thrilled, because I love Ghirardelli chocolate, and I love salt and almonds.

The chocolate is, as usual for the brand, perfectly smooth and creamy with a good, slightly fruity but more dairy flavor. Unfortunately, I don't feel like there's quite enough salt in the bar to counteract the sweetness of the milk chocolate. This would work better with dark chocolate, or more salt, perhaps. That isn't going to stop me from eating the whole thing, though.
Se Young K.
San Francisco, CA
I was thrilled to get this bar in my CosmoVoxBox because I'm a huge fan of chocolate and sea salt! Unfortunately, this chocolate fell short for me. I found the milk chocolate to be too sweetly cloying with not enough cacao flavor. The sea salt added a nice salty kick but I wish they had used coarser grains so that you can get layers of texture when you bite in. If you're a fan of very sweet milk chocolate, this is the bar for you. But if you like a more bitter and nuanced treat, I would look elsewhere.
Amber J.
Brooklyn Park, MN
I love sweet and Salty, how are these? I would love to try them.
Emma H.
Young Harris, GA
Ghirardelli or ritter sport?
Leeza S.
Bonaire , GA
Is your favorite caramel or sea salt escape ?
Devin R.
Sandusky, OH
Is this chocolate really hard when you bite it?
Nicole B.