BY GHIRARDELLI

• How does this compare to less expensive alternatives? Is ...2 Answers
Natalie H.
Southgate, MI

First Impression:
Yay chocolate! Who doesn't love chocolate? I know I love chocolate. My first thoughts were to give this along with a christmas gift for someone in my family, because God knows I don't need any sweets for myself.
So, it sat there for a couple days, and then my sweet tooth came along and I ate the whole thing!! I know, I should be ashamed, because this chocolate bar is huge, with a NET WT of 3.5 OZ (100g). A serving size is 3 pieces, the bar contained 8 pieces.

Pros:
It is a very expensive tasting chocolate, but it is actually very affordable/cheap!
If you love snacks that are sweet & salty at the same time, and you love chocolate bars with nuts. You will love this.
The chunks of roasted almonds are very small and chopped up which I like because there are always pieces of almonds in every bite. (unlike the almonds in the Hershey Almond Bar which are whole). Also, the sea salt makes this chocolate so much more decadent. The hidden pieces of sea salt aren't even noticeable until they melt in your mouth along with the richness and sweetness of the chocolate, and with the crunch of the almonds! YUM!
The only thing that could make this better is if each piece had a caramel filling!

Cons:
Only treat yourself to something so decadent every once in a while, because you will feel guilty when you eat all 8 pieces and then read the Nutrition Facts!
Lacy B.
I like almost all of the Ghirardelli flavors but the sea salt escape is my favorite! There's just something about the sweet and salty together that gives it the perfect taste! It's hard to eat just one!
Erica G.
Crescent, IA
I love all combinations of sweet and salty. I like chocolate covered pretzels, salted caramel hot chocolate and even sweet and salty cupcakes. Sweet and salty is one of my favorite combination of sweets. I really liked that the almonds were chopped up. I was afraid that there would be whole almonds like in the Hershey's bar, every time I ate those I was afraid the almonds would break my teeth because they were so hard. The chopped almonds were the perfect size and there was just enough in the bar so they weren't overpowering and I could still taste them. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the chocolate either. It was very rich and creamy, everything that I look for when I eat chocolate. The only thing that I did not like was that there was not enough sea salt. In some of the squares, I couldn't taste any salt at all. In fact, it was most of the squares that I couldn't taste any salt. I believe there was 8 squares total in the bar, I could probably only taste the salt in about 3 of the squares. I feel like if you are going to name something "Sea Salt Escape," put a little bit more salt in it so it doesn't disappoint those of us who love the sweet and salty combination. Other than that, the chocolate bar was perfect.
Jenna R.
San Marcos, CA
WORTH: $2.79 for a full sized 3.5 oz bar. I got the full bar in my cosmo voxbox, so I was super stoked on that. Go Influenster! $3 for a big honker like this one is a deal in my eyes.

TASTE: It’s divided up into squares so my mom and I both tried one. I honestly couldn’t really taste the salt inside, but she said she could. So I guess it just depends on what piece you get. We both agreed that it is so incredibly rich that you could really only have one before you’re sweet tooth is gone. The crunchy-ness of the almonds were delicious. It puts a good texture into the chocolate. I guess in the end I’m glad it didn’t have an overpowering taste of salt, because I don’t think I would have liked it as much. The thing I like most about it was the creamy taste. Even with the almonds, it felt like chocolate was melting in my mouth. Yummy.

RATING: Out of 10 I will give it an 8. It’s nice and inexpensive, it curbs your sweet tooth, and it has a nice taste. The reason I didn’t give it a 10 is because there are 200 calories in every 3 squares and I feel like that is too much. But overall, I am satisfied.

PURCHASE? : If I was in the mood

RECOMMEND? : If you love creamy and rich chocolate, this is definitely the chocolate bar for you! If you can’t finish it all, pop it in the freezer and have a delicious, cold dessert!
Kim F.
Received a bag of these for Easter last year and I was not impressed. The caramel tastes really cheap to me, too sweet and thin, and there is barely any salt so it doesn't really balance the extreme sweetness of the caramel. Not a fan.
Emma T.
The combination of sweet and salty is AMAZING. It is delicious and such a treat at the end of the day to have a square of this delicious chocolate. I also have given these as gifts and stocking stuffers around the holidays!
Frannie G.
Sanford, NC
I was a bit skeptical that I would actually like these because of the "sea salt" but they are delicious! They're basically sweet and salty and they're affordable. I'd definitely buy them again especially if I have a sweet tooth as a midnight snack 😊
hailey r.
Los Angeles, CA
the perfect combination of sweet and salty! this chocolate melts in your mouth and fuses well with the sea salt. with caramel, is amazing. i love receiving this as a gift but it is a little pricey (worth every cent)
Mykaela A.
Honestly, any type of ghirardelli chocolate is unsafe for me because it’s just so freaking good. When it comes to chocolate I am not going to buy cheap brands that taste waxy. This is always the chocolate for me.
Karen D.
Terrytown, LA
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 1
these are delicious! i love any kind of chocolate that is lightly salted, it helps bring out the sweetness. this is also one of my favorite brands of chocolate, haven't had anything i didn't like from them yet
Amber J.
Brooklyn Park, MN
I love sweet and Salty, how are these? I would love to try them.
Emma H.
Young Harris, GA
Ghirardelli or ritter sport?
Leeza S.
Bonaire , GA
Is your favorite caramel or sea salt escape ?
Devin R.
Sandusky, OH
Is this chocolate really hard when you bite it?
Nicole B.