Hair CareHair Styling ToolsHair Straightenersghd
Platinum Styler Old Model S8T261 (Discontinued)
!This product has been discontinued.

ghd Platinum Styler Old Model S8T261 (Discontinued)

What is it?

A styler for all hair types and textures that combines the optimum styling temperature of 365°F with breakthrough tri-zone® technology to deliver 50 % less breakage, 2x more color integrity, and 20% shine.

What it does

Maximize Impact and Minimize with ghd platinum™. This groundbreaking styler heats up to 365°F in 20 seconds and works quickly and effectively to straighten, curl, wave, and style, without compromising the health of your hair. Intelligent tri-zone® technology uses six quick- thinking sensors to ensure the optimum styling temperature is maintained consistently across the entire plate throughout styling—reducing hair breakage and maintaining two times more color integrity. Advanced, precision milled, floating, one-inch plates with a high gloss finish glide effortlessly through the hair to increase shine while the high-tech aerogel insulation keeps the styler cool to the touch even after 45 minutes of use. A patented wishbone hinge and rounded edges give you the ultimate control and allow you to easily style your hair.

What else you need to know

platinum comes with 1" plates, a nine-foot professional swivel cord, two-year warranty, and a heat resistant plate guard so you can style and go. Universal voltage and automatic shut-off after 30 minutes of non-use allow for worry-free styling wherever you are.

Usage Tips

-Separate your hair into sections before running the styler through each section slowly.

-For curly hair, be sure to separate hair into small sections. Use a comb in conjunction with the styler and go slowly (at least eight seconds per pass) for best results.

-platinum’s ergonomic design and patented wishbone hinge ensures superior results with minimum effort, meaning there’s no need for you to squeeze the styler tightly during use.

Holaaa!! Alguien a usado la plancha de pelo [product:ghd-platinum-styler] ?
How will this product affect your hair?
[product:ghd-platinum-styler] Is this hair straightener worth the price? I’ve been eyeing it for a while now. I have curly hair that is difficult to straighten and keep straight. I want a tool that will both straighten and curl. Would you recommend this product?
Start your review of ghd Platinum Styler Old Model S8T261 (Discontinued)!
How would you rate this product?
Ariel A.
York, PA
ghd Platinum Styler Old Model S8T261 (Discontinued) uploaded by Ariel A.
Seriously the best styler ever. If I could give it 100 stars I would. First when I opened up the packaged I was just blown away by how sleek and beautiful it looked. It's light weight and fits in your hand so naturally. When I was curling my hair with it, it just glided through my hair so easily and it didn't pull it at all. I was so happy using it the whole time I did my hair. I won't be using another styler anymore, the ghd platinum is my new go to and I will be recommending it to everyone. I was given this product complimentary to try out and I'm so happy I was lucky enough to receive it!
Karrigan K.
Ames, IA
I received this from influenster as a product to review and I think it was alright. I cant stray from my CHi :(
Emily-Mae M.
Escondido, CA
I’ve been a GHD user since I was about 11-12 years old, due to my mom always using GHD’s. I’ve always loved them, and I was super excited when buying the new platinum styler. However, I always found I couldn’t get my hair as straight as I’d have liked it, but I always figured it was my hair. Until last week, my mom purchased a Lionesse hair styler from one of those little stalls in the mall. I was actually really upset that my mom let them drag her into buying one. When we got back, she tried them on my hair, and my hair was DEAD straight.. I mean dead straight. I was shocked. The guy at the stall also told me that GHD’s weren’t really ceramic, and I should go home and scratch the metal on my GHD’s to see that it was just a ceramic coating. Surely enough, it did scratch off.. the Lionesse ones do not. So, as much as I used to love GHD, and as cute as the straighteners are, I don’t think I could give this styler more than 3 stars.
Alexa W.
Purchased at: Sephora
Just love this straightener. I use it for curling, getting those beach waves, and straightening. Highly recommend! (I mostly use it for those big #curls and #beachwaves)
Shelby N.
ghd Platinum Styler Old Model S8T261 (Discontinued) uploaded by Shelby N.
ghd Platinum Styler Old Model S8T261 (Discontinued) uploaded by Shelby N.
I have been using this straightener for 6 years and my hair is damage-free. Shiny, healthy, everything. I attribute it to this straightener because I don’t splurge on expensive hair products. I don’t use heat protection with it either. Also the fact that it turns off on its own after 30 minutes of idleness is a huge lifesaver! I accidentally broke my first one but it was within the 2 year warranty so they sent me a brand new one. Another thing is the plates have a smooth finish along the edges so it never catches my hair when a lot of other straighteners I have tried would catch and break my hair on the plates if I put too much hair through it. I cannot recommend this enough if you’re looking for a straightener that strengthens and protects with minimal to no damage! I am able to style my thick, curly hair in 15 minutes and the barrel is great for curling too. It also heats up within 10 seconds!
jill S.
This vs Babyliss? Anyone? I want to have a straightener that curls and flat irons while making hair smooth and silky in one pull.
Taylor S.
Waterford, MI
ghd Platinum Styler Old Model S8T261 (Discontinued) uploaded by Taylor S.
I received this styler in white complimentary from Influenster for reviewing. My first thought was that it is gorgeous and feels very high quality! I love using a flat iron to create messy, beachy waves. So I did just that! It's so easy to use, and I love that its rounded for curling. My favorite feature is that there is no heat setting. It stays at a constant 365 degrees, so no more trying your hair! It was super quick to heat up (& it beeps to let you know it's ready!) And I love the included silicone heat glove for my new baby. I can't wait to continue using this product and use it on my clients at work !
Hannah C.
Christiansbrg, VA
I received this to test out and I fell in love!!! I love how it's only an inch so it was easy to get the top of my hair. It was pretty affordable from what I saw online. I like this a lot and would recommend!
Bailey A.
Versailles, KY
I love this straightener! I received the ghd white styler and was a little skeptical about its lack of heat settings at first, but quickly adjusted to it. It heats up automatically and always seems to be the perfect temperature for my hair. With other straighteners I could physically feel my hair being pulled, but this one glides down my dyed-blonde hair with no problems. I convinced a few friends to purchase it after I received it and they all love it as well! I also put it to the ultimate test on a friend's dark super super curly hair and it had her hair pin straight in under an hour. The ghd is the best on the market!
Lacee L.
Baton Rouge, LA
ghd Platinum Styler Old Model S8T261 (Discontinued) uploaded by Lacee L.
I absolutely love this straightener! I can do my hair in nooo time. I think its very convenient for curling, straightening or just touching up the ends! I am extremely happy with this straightener- it is so lightweight and is best used when applying pressure from just your fingertips! I havent noticed my hair staying straight longer but I think that I look fresh out of the salon after using this! It is cheaper at sephora vs the ghdhair.com site
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Cassidy O.
Sherwood
il y a un an
ghd Platinum Styler Old Model S8T261 (Discontinued) Is this hair straightener worth the price? I’ve been eyeing it for a while now. I have curly hair that is difficult to straighten and keep straight. I want a tool that will both straighten and curl. Would you recommend this product?
Amber F. il y a un an
Yes ghd products are great my fav for straightening and curling is the platinum plus its so easy to use.
Erica F.
Chicago
il y a un an
ghd Platinum Styler Old Model S8T261 (Discontinued) what are the similarities and differences between this and chi?