BY GHD

What is it?

A styler for all hair types and textures that combines the optimum styling temperature of 365°F with breakthrough tri-zone® technology to deliver 50 % less breakage, 2x more color integrity, and 20% shine.

What it does

Maximize Impact and Minimize with ghd platinum™. This groundbreaking styler heats up to 365°F in 20 seconds and works quickly and effectively to straighten, curl, wave, and style, without compromising the health of your hair. Intelligent tri-zone® technology uses six quick- thinking sensors to ensure the optimum styling temperature is maintained consistently across the entire plate throughout styling—reducing hair breakage and maintaining two times more color integrity. Advanced, precision milled, floating, one-inch plates with a high gloss finish glide effortlessly through the hair to increase shine while the high-tech aerogel insulation keeps the styler cool to the touch even after 45 minutes of use. A patented wishbone hinge and rounded edges give you the ultimate control and allow you to easily style your hair.

What else you need to know

platinum comes with 1" plates, a nine-foot professional swivel cord, two-year warranty, and a heat resistant plate guard so you can style and go. Universal voltage and automatic shut-off after 30 minutes of non-use allow for worry-free styling wherever you are.

Usage Tips

-Separate your hair into sections before running the styler through each section slowly.

-For curly hair, be sure to separate hair into small sections. Use a comb in conjunction with the styler and go slowly (at least eight seconds per pass) for best results.

-platinum’s ergonomic design and patented wishbone hinge ensures superior results with minimum effort, meaning there’s no need for you to squeeze the styler tightly during use.

• I'm interested in buying this straightener but I'm a litt...1 Answers
  • So I've been looking into buying a new flat iron. Can any...2 Answers
  • Is GHD straighteners worth the hype and price? Does coars...6 Answers
Emily-Mae M.
Escondido, CA
I’ve been a GHD user since I was about 11-12 years old, due to my mom always using GHD’s. I’ve always loved them, and I was super excited when buying the new platinum styler. However, I always found I couldn’t get my hair as straight as I’d have liked it, but I always figured it was my hair. Until last week, my mom purchased a Lionesse hair styler from one of those little stalls in the mall. I was actually really upset that my mom let them drag her into buying one. When we got back, she tried them on my hair, and my hair was DEAD straight.. I mean dead straight. I was shocked. The guy at the stall also told me that GHD’s weren’t really ceramic, and I should go home and scratch the metal on my GHD’s to see that it was just a ceramic coating. Surely enough, it did scratch off.. the Lionesse ones do not. So, as much as I used to love GHD, and as cute as the straighteners are, I don’t think I could give this styler more than 3 stars.
Lucero F.
Newark, DE
It gives me a hard time straightening, it doesn’t let you choose the heat. Fortunately for my hair it doesn’t suffer as much heat damage as it will of with any other straightener. I like the tightness of the curl you can make but it just takes too long. I do like that it makes the sound fit when it turns off, that’s so helpful because I constantly forget to turn off any other straightener.
Pam B.
Fort Worth, TX
My hair is what I would call "difficult." It is extremely thick and coarse, naturally wavy and frizzy, tends to be dry, and it gets color-treated & heat-styled, so there's that. I wear it straightened, so after I blowdry with a round brush and my GHD Air, I always flat iron to "lock in" the style and give my hair that added smoothness. I have previously owned all types of flat irons - an original Chi, titanium irons, several others. There is truly something different about the GHD Platinum. My hair is sleek and smooth in one pass, and it stays that way for 3 days until I wash again. It also seems less damaged overall, although I am unsure how that's possible. The iron heats up fast and is very easy to use. I am impressed with the results.
Sarah B.
GHD is always a go to brand for me. I have their hairdryer which I LOVE so it's not a surprise that they make a great straightener too. However, I did take away a star because I cannot control the heat setting on it which is a big deal for me as I like to have versatility in temperature to use it in my hairstyling kit at work. But for myself, it works great.
Tashza T.
Once you go GHD, you never go back! I’ve been ride or die for this flat iron for 5 years now, and will never go back to any other brand. Gets my hair so sleek with just one pass over, and never feels like my hair is left parched. Also is such a good tool to make soft waves!
Devin O.
This is the best straightener I have owned. I previously owned a CHI and I found that it stopped working after a year and the metal panels began to fall off. The ghd however is amazing. As a person who straightens their crazy, curly hair frequently a quality straightener is important to me. For starters, it only takes 20 seconds to heat up and it straightens super quickly (takes me about 15 minutes to fully straighten my wild curls although I have somewhat thin hair). It also leaves my hair feeling and looking soft and silky. I have had mine for almost 2 years now and use it all the time and the quality hasn't changed at all! It still works perfectly in every way!:)  ghd Platinum Styler
Jessica A.
Louisville , KY
I’m obsessed. I’ve had this about a year now and even if it breaks I’d go buy it on my own. It heats up very quickly, makes my hair super smooth, and doesn’t pull. I’ve had several friends buy one! ***Do note- it does not curl. At all! I’ve tried every way. ***I use my wand instead but still use this to smooth my roots and ends.
Haley P.
New York
Far better than Chi! I have had my straightener for at least 6 years and it’s still going strong. The titanium plates make such a difference to your hair as opposed to ceramic. I use my straightener a few times a week. I like the automatic turnoff and it’s very durable!( I drop things a lot)
Paige W.
Sn Luis Obisp, CA
This straightener is amazing! I love how well it straightens and also curls. It is also very convenient when I’m in a rush because I am able to heat it up within 30 seconds and begin drying my hair to any style I want that day! Love this tool and use it all the Time!
Julia F.
State College, PA
I purchased this product with huge expectations, and was a little bit let down. It does the job, but for the price I thought it would do a lot better. My Remington from target does a better job at straightening my hair, and I got it for about a fraction of the cost.
Me K.
Is GHD straighteners worth the hype and price? Does coarse, thick hair remain straightened after use?
Madison C.
Do you prefer this or the chi?
Caitlin H.
Des moines, IA
I have the original GHD Styler. Is the platinum an upgradce or is it just a color change? Love mine and would like to purchase another, so just curious if this is a new and upgraded product.
Ariane A.
Abidjan
I have afro hair so can this product style perfectly my hair?
es buen alisador y que precio tiene?