BY GHD #34 in Hair Straighteners

What is it?

A styler for all hair types and textures that combines the optimum styling temperature of 365°F with breakthrough tri-zone® technology to deliver 50 % less breakage, 2x more color integrity, and 20% shine.

What it does

Maximize Impact and Minimize with ghd platinum™. This groundbreaking styler heats up to 365°F in 20 seconds and works quickly and effectively to straighten, curl, wave, and style, without compromising the health of your hair. Intelligent tri-zone® technology uses six quick- thinking sensors to ensure the optimum styling temperature is maintained consistently across the entire plate throughout styling—reducing hair breakage and maintaining two times more color integrity. Advanced, precision milled, floating, one-inch plates with a high gloss finish glide effortlessly through the hair to increase shine while the high-tech aerogel insulation keeps the styler cool to the touch even after 45 minutes of use. A patented wishbone hinge and rounded edges give you the ultimate control and allow you to easily style your hair.

What else you need to know

platinum comes with 1" plates, a nine-foot professional swivel cord, two-year warranty, and a heat resistant plate guard so you can style and go. Universal voltage and automatic shut-off after 30 minutes of non-use allow for worry-free styling wherever you are.

Usage Tips

-Separate your hair into sections before running the styler through each section slowly.

-For curly hair, be sure to separate hair into small sections. Use a comb in conjunction with the styler and go slowly (at least eight seconds per pass) for best results.

-platinum’s ergonomic design and patented wishbone hinge ensures superior results with minimum effort, meaning there’s no need for you to squeeze the styler tightly during use.

• I'm interested in buying this straightener but I'm a little concern...1 Answers
  • So I've been looking into buying a new flat iron. Can anyone tell m...2 Answers
  • Is GHD straighteners worth the hype and price? Does coarse, thick h...5 Answers
Victoria T.
Victoria T.
Minneapolis, MN
I recieved the black styler and at first I was kind of worried due to the fact that it has no heat setting for you to change it just automatically heats up on its own after turning it on. I love that it heated up quickly though and it was at the perfect temperature, not too hot that it was unbearable to touch or too cool. My hair didn't snag at all either. I loved how it made my hair feel, it left it feeling soft and healthy. I have tried many hair straighteners before and have spent up to $400 on them but this is by far the best one I've used and I can honestly say that from the first try. In case you're wondering, I have curly damaged brown hair. I used to straighten my hair literally everyday throughout high school so I appreciate how much care they put into designing this because it doesn't feel like it will damage my hair as much as previous hot tools I've used, now I won't use this on the daily since I'm working on getting my hair back to a healthier state but for events and special occasions it will be great!
Elizabeth C.
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
I bought the gift set bronze w/ nail polish & a bag for the same price. The nail polish is pictured on my hand. That's both the included colors & their heat resistant bags are made nicely. It doesn't snag hair and feels nice to hold. It's a decent flat iron. unfortunately it's not for everybody & I may be returning it because of these things but I still think this could be a great iron for some. First it doesn't have heat settings. It's only one heat all the time with only the on off switch. The 360 degree heat is not hot enough to get my thick, curly, bra strap length, caucasion hair stick straight like I'm used to with my CHI. This heat will be damaging to super thin hair and not effective on super curly hair of any ethnicity. This iron would work great for average hair with not a lot of work needed to straighten it. That's who that heat setting is for. That's huge to me & a huge disappointment. It dings when turned on, heated up and turned off. Too expensive for no settings.
Dimi B.
Dimi B.
Columbus, OH
I received this styler in black complimentary from Influenster for reviewing. Best flat iron I have ever used! Heats up insanely fast, like within 10 seconds. It makes a sound when it is fully heated up, which is really nice feature. Doesn't pull on my hair, or get caught on the plates like some of the other brands I've used before. I also like the design of the flat iron, it is sleek light weight. I have naturally wavy/kinky hair and usually one pass through with the ghd iron will give me straight hair. Overall, I am loving this iron! If I had to find one flaw, it would be that I wish I could adjust the heating setting. The programmed temperature setting works well on my hair but it's possible that it might now for a different hair type.
Emily H.
Emily H.
Peoria, AZ
I received this straightener compliments from Influenster, but let me tell you, this hair straightener is great. I got this really at the perfect time because my old one had died on me. The difference is night and day. The GHD heats up in less than 30 seconds and is the perfect temperature. I have long (halfway down my back) , fine hair, and it doesn't feel like it's frying it. It just leaves it sleek and smooth and I really like how little effort it takes to straighten my whole head. I haven't tried curling it yet but it seems like it would be easy since the base of the straightener is curved. An added bonus is that this is a very sleek and fancy looking hair styling product. Aesthetic + results = a great tool in my book.
Rae P.
Rae P.
Cambridge , MA
I received this as a sample from Influenster, and was so excited to try it out! I have been using it for a month straight, and it has honestly made a huge difference on my bleached hair. It never leaves my hair looking crisp or dry, but rather adds shine and even softness. It heats up almost instantly, I think in about 30 seconds, and even chimes if you've left in on and unattended for an extended amount of time so that you don't forget to unplug it. It's extremely easy to use to both straighten and add waves to your hair and does not snag or tear hair. Look at it as an investment towards your hair health, but worth the money in my opinion!
Kibibi T.
Kibibi T.
Greenville, SC
I received the ghd Platinum styler in black and I LOVE it. I love using a flat iron to style my hair, whether it be by creating waves, curls, or silky straight looks. First of all, it's just a beautiful product. It looks and feels amazing! I love that it swivels and has a long cord so that I can maneuver the straightener to get my hair exactly how I want it. It really glides across your hair and adds so much shine without that awful burning and snagging that happens with other styling products. I'm definitely going to reach for this more often and I totally recommend it if you're looking for a high-end styler! #ghdImpact #contest
Katya B.
Katya B.
I recently changed my hair color and got a trendy asymmetric haircut and now, this gorgeous hair styler by ghd that I received for testing purposes from Influenster is my new styling hero! This straightener dramatically shortens my getting-ready time as it allows me to quickly put in some waves or straighten my hair and get ready to go. I love the fact that this styler does not overheat my hair while still providing superb results. Another great thing about this tool is that it automatically turns off after 30 minutes of going unused, which is super handy if you are just like me and always forget to turn off your styling devices.
Taylor S.
Taylor S.
warrenton, NC
I received this styler in white complimentary from Influenster for reviewing. My first thought was that it is gorgeous and feels very high quality! I love using a flat iron to create messy, beachy waves. So I did just that! It's so easy to use, and I love that its rounded for curling. My favorite feature is that there is no heat setting. It stays at a constant 365 degrees, so no more trying your hair! It was super quick to heat up (& it beeps to let you know it's ready!) And I love the included silicone heat glove for my new baby. I can't wait to continue using this product and use it on my clients at work !
Ariel A.
Ariel A.
York, PA
Seriously the best styler ever. If I could give it 100 stars I would. First when I opened up the packaged I was just blown away by how sleek and beautiful it looked. It's light weight and fits in your hand so naturally. When I was curling my hair with it, it just glided through my hair so easily and it didn't pull it at all. I was so happy using it the whole time I did my hair. I won't be using another styler anymore, the ghd platinum is my new go to and I will be recommending it to everyone. I was given this product complimentary to try out and I'm so happy I was lucky enough to receive it!
Abbie H.
Abbie H.
Nashville, TN
I received the black platinum styler from Influenster & ghd and it is the most incredible styling tool I've used. I've been bleaching my brown hair silver-blonde or pastel for years now, so my hair has been through a lot, but this straightener keeps my hair looking healthy and natural. It's incredible how much more nice my ends look with this straightener vs. the ones I've used in the past. I appreciate that ghd includes a silicone sleeve with the styler so you can safely stow it away right after use. It heats up quickly & styles beautifully. I don't want to use anything else ever again!
Madison C.
Madison C.
Do you prefer this or the chi?
Me K.
Me K.
Is GHD straighteners worth the hype and price? Does coarse, thick hair remain straightened after use?
Ariane A.
Ariane A.
Abidjan
I have afro hair so can this product style perfectly my hair?
Caitlin H.
Caitlin H.
Minneapolis, MN
I have the original GHD Styler. Is the platinum an upgradce or is it just a color change? Love mine and would like to purchase another, so just curious if this is a new and upgraded product.
Amanda M.
Amanda M.
Valrico, FL
I've been looking for a new flat iron. I've had the NuMe MegaStar flat iron for probably 2 or 3 years and I really don't think it's as smooth as it used to be. Is this GHD flat iron worth it? I heard it's great and then I hear it has problems so I'm getting mixed feedback!