ghd Air Professional Performance Hairdryer

by ghd

#25 in Hair Dryers

A hairdryer that fuses beautiful design with salon-power functionality. This hairdryer was developed in collaboration with top stylists to help you unlock the secrets of a gorgeous salon blowout, every day. Advanced ionic technology reduces frizz for smoother, shinier hair. The durable, salon-strength motor minimizes dry time and the ergonomic design ensures effortless styling, whether you are right or left handed. Use the variable power and temperature control for precise styling and lock in your look with the cool shot button. This product comes with a one-year warranty, two concentrator nozzles, and a professional-length power cord.

O MY Goodness .... I have had like 3 hairdryers and aslo no one of them held me more than a year and then I whas fedup buying new ones every new year . How long do u guys think this would last ? Would love to try it but stil ...
I have the ghd straightener and I swear by them. I have had two and I love them so much. Is the hairdryer worth the money ?
I have always used cheaper hair dryers such as Conair and had great longevity with rhem. I once purchased a T3, and it lasted barely a year before quitting on me. I have no qualms spending money if quality is there, but am hesitant due to my experience. If you have this dryer, how long have you had it? Any negative quality experiences with this one?
Start your review of ghd Air Professional Performance Hairdryer!
Woodstock, GA
This hair dryer is awesome, especially if you are trying to do a blow out. I try not to use it too often because I want to stay away from heat as much a possible since I’m natural but some days I want straight hair and I use this to blow dry it straight so then I can use my straightener at a low setting so I’m not causing too much damage to my curl pattern.
Black / Curls, Damage, Dandruff / Dry, Curly, Thick
The short answer: YES! I always loved my $20 conair hairdryer; it was cheap, lightweight, had three heat settings and speeds, and a cute little ion on/off switch at the top. My mum got a $200 Ghd hairdryer for Christmas. I scoffed at the frivolty of this; it was a HAIRDRYER.... what could possibly be different?! I had to try it (in the name of research, of course). Having graduated with a degree in a scientific area, the integrity of the study was of the utmost importance. I made sure the humidity was the same (southern humidity is unforgiving and makes a huge difference in what my hair looks like after I dry it), used the same shampoo and conditioner and the same shine serum. I washed the same way and conditioned for the same amount of time. I wanted to make sure the ONLY difference was the hair dryer. I’m not a stylist; I literally dry my hair the way I did when I was 12: I aim it at the wet spots and pat it down the best I can, then I fight it through the straightener, pile it into a bun so it doesn’t strangle me in my sleep, and the next morning, I pray for the best.
The conair took 27 minutes to dry my hair completely. There was a lot of frizz and curl mixed with waves. It took 18 minutes to straighten. The end result was my typical hair, the ends were slightly damaged, there was still some curl, a lot of body, a bit of frizz but once I added more serum, it was okay.The Ghd dryer was much heavier and louder. I wasn’t impressed.... but then, that changed; fourteen minutes later, my hair was dry! There was a LOT of curl ( real curl, not waves) and I probably could have worn it like that if I knew how to tame the curly beast, but I’m a curly girl who forces her hair to straighten or wears it in a bun... SO, I broke out the straightener. Though it was curlier, it played much nicer; it straightened in about 12 minutes and it was shiny, the ends looked healthy, and I didn’t need another dallop of serum.
Auburn / Brittleness, Frizz / Wavy, Fine
San Antonio
I spent a lot of money on this hair dryer thinking it would blow me away with it's power, quietness, or results and I was kind of disappointed.  Works good but takes just as long to dry my hair as with me generic one.  Slightly quieter but nothing I would spend that much money on again.
Blonde / Damage, Dryness, Frizz / Dry, Straight, Thin
Los Angeles , CA
Purchased at: Macy's
This dryer is just as powerful and good as my full sized t3, but so much lighter and easier to store. It has two speed options and a cool shot option. The cool option on my last full sized T3 was a button I had to hold in, so this one is way better, it just slides up. I got compliments on my hair after I used it.
Medium Brown / Anti-Aging, Brittleness, Color Protection / Dry, Wavy, Curly
Meridian, ID
Love this drys my hair fast and leaves it feeling soft. It is a higher price point but is worth every penny have owned mine for over three years and still works just as good as when I bought it.
Light BlondeDry, Normal
Albuquerque, NM
I am a professional and highly recommend this dryer! It’s one of the best I have used so far and I go through at least 1 if not two a year! I definitely recommend this to anyone needing a different more dependable brand to try!
Platinum / Anti-Aging, Brittleness, Color Protection / Dry, Normal, Straight
Great Neck, NY
BEST HAIRDRYER EVER! I am really obsessed with this hairdryer. It’s speed and power is amazing ! My drying time cut down in half! It’s also not too heavy so your hand won’t fall off. I am simply obsessed !!! ghd Air Professional Performance Hairdryer
Denton
Purchased at: ULTA
I have used this dryer several times now. I usually have very frizzy, difficult to manage hair if it is not straightened, however, this dryer has left my hair fairly smooth and with a lot less fly-aways, to the point that I didn't necessarily need to straighten my hair. The ionic technology feature definitely seems to work as advertised, my hair also feels softer compared to using a dryer without the ionic technology. The hairdryer has multiple combinations for speed and temperature, with a cool shot which is great for setting the hair. The dryer did dry my hair quickly which feels like it is better for my hair due to reduced stying times. When I have straightened my hair following drying with the GHD air, I found straightening times were reduced and the hair stayed straighter for longer, and also looked shinier - I am assuming this is again due to the ionic technology as I have not changed anything else in my usual routine. The only downside is that I found the nozzle very difficult to remove for it to fit into the bag, but this may loosen up over time. The addition of the protective bag is a bonus to keep the dryer clean and the cables tidy in the drawer, also makes it easier to transport when travelling. The look of the dryer is simple and stylish with subtle branding, typical of GHD. The GHD air is very ergonomic during both right and left handed use, both easy and comfortable to use, it feels substantial but without being too heavy. The lead is also plenty long enough, an added bonus to be able to style the hair conveniently.. All in all, I would definitely recommend the dryer, especially as it is also compatible with the diffuser for curlier styles.
Black / Brittleness, Curls, Dandruff / Normal, Curly
Orland Park, IL
The perfect hairdryer for long hair. It has a long cord. Amazing value. Helps to create smooth hair and comes with nozzles and a diffuser for curls or waves. I use this dryer all the time. I highly recommend this hairdryer.
Blonde / Brittleness, Damage, Frizz / Dry, Straight, Color Treated
It is a good hairdryer, but honestly for the price, I don’t think it’s the best. It’s excellent quality and gets the job done. Keep in mind, I have straight, non textured hair that doesn’t need much. It is a little heavy on weight but manageable to me. I ended up returning this item.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...