BY GEVALIA KAFFEE

Roast:  Dark Flavor:  Intense, Complex Intensely dark, aromatic and complex.  These fine Arabica beans create a sultry taste that s unforgettable. Gevalia Kaffee.  An exceptional smooth, never bitter coffee. In 1853, an incredible journey started in the small port town of Gavle, Sweden.  That s when our founder, a true coffee lover, began an unwavering pursuit of coffee perfection.  for over 150 years, Gevalia has built on that passion.  True to its original European handcrafted tradition, Gevalia delivers a smooth, rich never bitter taste cup after cup.  A coffee that tastes so good, it is served at the Royal Court of Sweden.  With Gevalia, our passion for coffee is yours to discover. Founded in Sweden Est. 1853. see more...

Buy on Walmart*
  • "A friend actually turned me onto it and I have been buying it ever since." in 1 review
  • "I also often find good sales athat lead me to stock up - usually have 6 bags in the fridge." in 1 review
  • "This roast in particular is definitely full bodied." in 1 review
Anna M.
Waco, TX
Foodie Expert
A friend of mine actually recommended this. I'm glad she did to. There is no bitter flavor with this at all. It's so smooth and soothing. It's actually noe My favorite coffee and well worth the price.
Hannah A.
It is advertised as:

A full-bodied, intensly dark, and complex coffee made with 100% Arabica coffee.

I love the scent of coffee and I like it rich, dark, and bitter. This coffee tastes a bit bland to be honest and I think Dunkin’ Dark has more body and flavor. It wasn’t terrible coffee by any means, it just had very little flavor to it. I feel like it is watered down tasting. It is hard to describe, but the dark, sharp, bitter taste just isn’t there. I love tasting coffee. I enjoy the differing bitter taste. This had no bite to it. No flavor. I wouldn’t buy this flavor again.
Ashleigh H.
Gevalia is my favorite coffee brand, and the French Roast is my favorite. It's rich, dark, and never comes out bitter or weak. I keep it in an air-tight container made by Oxo.
Sue K.
Pittsburgh, PA
Gevalia is a rich roast which combines flavor and afoordability for my home coffee needs. This is my preferred blend - its dark and full bodied. I also often find good sales athat lead me to stock up - usually have 6 bags in the fridge. The drawback is that the "tie" intended to keep an open bag sealed typically falls off right away so I have to use a ziploc bag. But for the price, this blend keeps up with coffees twice its price.
Lori B.
Lexington, AL
I had received a complimentary sample from Pinchme.com of the traditional roast and husband and I were both able to try this. I must say that it is less acidic and he's able to drink and handle coffee better and more than any other brand. We decided to start getting this French roast of the Gevalia brand over any of the others and drink it, because of the benefits. It's smoothr in the grind and you don't have to use as much scoops as you would for the other brands. I do recommend this brand, especially for people who love coffee and cannot drink, because of the acid level.
Kelly W.
East Elmhurst, NY
I love Gevalia and the French Roast is one of my favorite blends (along with the Royal Roast). Rich, bold, and smooth without any bitterness. Smells amazing too. The k-cup version of this coffee is also great and I've gotten a lot of my family hooked on it!
Sara M.
Pensacola, FL
Gevalia is one one of my absolute favorite brands of coffee. This roast in particular is definitely full bodied. If you are not a fan of a true, bold coffee flavor then this is not for you, however, if that is what you are looking for in your coffee, I highly recommend it! Another bonus is the coffee is reasonably priced and there are often coupons floating around you can use on it.
Lisa J.
Albany, OR
Foodie Expert
Yummy I love French roast but Gevalia is my favorite I love there coffee. The taste is amazing. A friend actually turned me onto it and I have been buying it ever since.
Erica W.
This brand rocks. Price is middle of the road but its tastes expensive. Great body and lovely aroma. I keep coming back for more.
Karina M.
Philadelphia, PA
Foodie Expert
Friend gave it to me as a gift and I was pleasantly surprised. It has a full bodied flavor with a hint of French vanilla!