BY GERBER #12 in Baby Food

Gerber Single Grain Oatmeal Cereal Baby Food: VitaBlocks essential nutrition Baby's No. 1 brand for iron Freshness seal Less mess Scoop or pour No added starch, artificial colors or flavors see more...

• I have not tried this product before have any side effect...3 Answers
  • Has anyone's baby been constipated after eating this9 Answers
  • Is this more healthy than rice cereal? my baby will be st...5 Answers
Gerber Single Grain Oatmeal Cereal Baby Food
  • "My son loves this keeps him a little fuller longer I believe I mix it with a little bit of cinnamon and his formula" in 8 reviews
  • "My daughter loves it - especially mixed with some jarred food, the packaging is sharp, not too expensive, and is an easy pour." in 5 reviews
Kori L.
Tulsa, OK
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I’m sure you’re here looking for reviews on if babies like it/digestion/etc. They do. Mine loved it, it didn’t hurt her tummy, and when added to formula, it helped her get fuller, quicker (plus it made it sweeter, which made her happier to drink it)

BUT

Moms, if you’re breastfeeding and having issues with supply, you’ll be told to eat lactation cookies, take supplements, and eat oatmeal for breakfast every day. I personally hate oatmeal. It’s gooey and tastes like paper to me. The texture is awful... I’m just not an oatmeal person. So id eat this. Sure, it’s for babies and you might feel a little crazy mixing up a bowl for yourself, but mix some milk in and add in enough to make it lumpy, not runny, and you get the same nutrients as you would from oatmeal, without having to choke it down and saying “it’s for my baby”

It’s a great alternative for fellow oatmeal haters. It doesn’t taste bad, either.
Lauren G.
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
I started my 4 month old with his doctor recommendation on oatmeal cereal. It took a few feedings for him to get used to the taste but now he chows it down every morning. He prefers it mixed with formula not water. I also add it to fruit or veg like apples or carrots that are more fluid. We started with oatmeal instead of rice due to issues with constipation and He hasn’t had any issues.
Cierra P.
Fallbrook , CA
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
The only thing my son will eat. We tried the rice cereal and he was NOT a fan of that so just like the rice cereal I started adding it slowly into his bottles and instead of making a weird face or not wanting to drink it he actually enjoyed it, Now for breakfast I mix in a little bit of banana baby food with it and its his favorite thing to eat, so glad I gave this a try!
sam 🌷.
Houston , TX
Gerber never fails me! I love that this product is so easy to make. I love that my baby enjoys his oatmeal while getting the nutrients he needs. Im able to mix in some cut up fruits which makes it all the more yummy for him. I was doing that until I realized Gerber makes different kind of flavors! Another thing I love is that it definitely helps with my baby’s digestive system
Brittany P.
Freeburg, IL
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
I started introducing cereal around the 4 month mark and my 11.5 month old daughter still loves her cereal.  She especially loves the apple cinnamon and fruit chunk cereals.  I love Gerber cereal because all of the variations have the amount of iron that she needs and that's incredibly important to me!
Julie B.
Brandon
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
This cereal is sweeter than the typical rice cereal you try first with baby. My 4 children preferred the taste of Gerber cereal over any other. I liked to put a touch of cinnamon in their cereal to add more flavor. We also would mash bananas to get more fruit in their diets.
Margaret S.
Sn Bernrdno, CA
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
My daughter was not a fan of this when I made it in a bowl but in a cereal bottle she loved it! It was amazing to have this especially when she was in a full body cast and not wanting to eat much solid food!
Monica P.
Valrico, FL
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
My baby has had acid reflux issues since he was born but once my doctor recommended Gerber Cereal he began holding his food down and sleeping through the entire night! Definitely a must have!!
Magda D.
Pawtucket , RI
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
Gerber Single grain oatmeal Cereal baby food was something I used for both of my boys when they were babies. I started introducing it slowly by adding it to their bottles first. Then once they were able I made it as their morning cereal. I never had issues with constipation and the kids loved them. Very affordable and can be found in most grocery stores.
AB B.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
It was the second cereal I tried, I think that we definitely was a filler especially at bedtime. I often mixed with breastmilk, or soft fruits that I can mash up easily.
patty w.
How old was your baby when you started giving them this?
Anna H.
Phenix City, AL
How do you choose between the rice and oatmeal? what makes the difference?
Abby T.
Radcliff, KY
Has anyone's baby been constipated after eating this
Ana G.
Mckinney, TX
Hi what do y'all usually mix these cereal with? My baby won't eat it alone
Noelle M.
Landrum, SC
Has anyone tried the fruit Oatmeals they make? I know there is an apple one that I have seen at Wal-mart