Gerber® Good Start® Gentle (HMO) Powder Infant Formula

by Gerber

#12 in Baby Formula

Modeled after the complete nutrition and gentleness of breastmilk for babies up to 12 months and now with 2'-FL HMO*.

Gerber® Good Start® Gentle formula is the first and only infant formula with 2'-FL HMO* and Probiotics that promotes soft stools. Different probiotics have different benefits. We picked ones that improve the good bacteria in tummies and are similar to probiotics found in breastmilk. It is also our closest formula to breastmilk.

• 2'-FL HMO* (Human Milk Oligosaccharide) - a prebiotic just like one of those found at significant levels in breastmilk
  • Comfort Proteins®, small proteins that are easy for tiny tummies to digest
  • The only powder infant formula with a blend of DHA, prebiotics & probiotics, important components found in breastmilk
  • Expert-recommended DHA to support brain and eye development
  • Probiotics to help support a healthy digestive tract

Have any moms noticed baby spitting up on this a lot and changed to a different formula?
Im looking to switch my babies formula . Right now I'm using similac pro advance milk . Is this milk better than similac ? What's the difference ? Does it cause them to spit up ?
my son drinks this after finding out gentlease main ingredient is corn syrup. he does well on it and seems to like the taste. anyone else switch to this from gentlease?
Start your review of Gerber® Good Start® Gentle (HMO) Powder Infant Formula!
How would you rate this product?
Merrillville , IN
I used Gerber Gentle with my son and currently use it with my daughter. I have had no complaints and they have both loved it and done well on this formula. I would definitely recommend to any expecting or new moms.
Roanoke Rapids, NC
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I use this brand with my 2 month old and have since he was a few weeks old when I had to start supplementing. I have nothing negative to say about it. The price point is pretty average when comparing it to other brands.
Lebanon
Both my sons loved this formula the entire time they were formula feeding. It’s an excellent food source for growing babies.  Gerber® Good Start® Gentle (HMO) Powder Infant Formula
Muncie , IN
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I have used this formula for all three of my babies. All three were started off on breast milk and then transitioned to formula, with this formula I had no tummy issues with any of them.
Manchester
Had to switch baby to gerber, so far no problems with it. It more affordable than any other types of formula. Doesn’t need any improvements that I can tell so far. Baby is growing and gaining weight just fine with this product. Overall satisfied.
Burlington , NC
The packaging is a little hard to get into as far as having so much plastic around it. Sometimes the scoop is buried in the formula which sucks because I hate digging for it. My baby likes the formula though.
Albany, OR
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
This formula did not work for us, but that isn't to say it is not a good formula. Finding the right one definitely takes trial and error. A tip regarding this one is that if your baby did not like Similac, they may not like this one because the texture and consistency is very similar. I would try Enfamil first if that was the case then maybe circle back to try this one if all else fails. If you are just starting to figure out what your baby needs, you can contact Gerber to either get samples or coupons to cover most of the cost of a container of the formula (the same goes for most formula companies).
Las Cruces, NM
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
My two eldest kids I gave them Similac so I tried with my newborn but she did not adjust to either regular or sensitive it made her so bloated. So I then gave enfamil gentle ease a try and also no luck! So in conclusion thank goodness I did not give up and kept trying until this final formula the pediatrician recommended worked perfect for her. I am also glad they have the easy open box options as well.
Canton, OH
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
Pretty impressed with this formula! With my daughter had Similac and had a lot of issues. She had to go on the sensitive kind because she would violently throw up every time she ate. This time, the hospital automatically gave my son Gerber right off rip. So we decided to give it a try and actually really like it! It mixes well. He doesn’t get an upset tummy. He doesn’t throw up! Not sure if it’s the difference in the kids or the formula but we are loving the Gerber formula! Price wise it’s a normal price as any other formula. (Baby products are forever too expensive.) but really happy with this product! Definitely recommend giving it a try.
Massillon, OH
Purchased at: Walmart
I received this product as a sample from pinchme in return for my honest opinion. My baby has a very sensitive stomach and a lot of things upset it. This formula worked very nicely without upsetting her belly at all. She like the taste and i liked the scoop they included with it. The only complaint i have is the price of the product.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...