George Foreman Grill Cooking
Top Questions See all 290 Q&A
- "For meats like thin filets of salmon which cook faster it works well, but you'll never get the smoky grilled taste, so it is definitely reserved for poor weather or grilled cheese in our house." in 34 reviews
- "this is a great product really comes in handy when trying to eat healthy i grill all types of fruits and veggies on it it is also super easy to use and to clean " in 16 reviews
- "I love my George grill I literally use it all the time it's so quick and easy I eat a lot of chicken and guess what a chicken breast only takes 9 mins and it's done and I live thin cut breast so they take 3-4 it's amazing no more waiting when your starving perfect for people who are on the go and still eat healthy" in 12 reviews
- "We also had the removable plates with a griddle and waffle iron so we could make breakfast food, gridded cheese sandwiches and much more." in 12 reviews
- "It's awesome to use when you do not want all that grease on your food its amazing just how mush goes in the drip tray you would never know otherwise. " in 12 reviews
Since it's cooking both sides simultaneously, the cooking time is virtually cut in half. So foods are done quicker.
I give it a score of 'B' because of the cleanup of the item. If you don't prepare for cleanup immediately after taking the food off, then you will have a very hard time getting the cooked on grease off. One trick is to do the following: when you take the food off the grill, immediately wet two paper towels and lay them on the grill and close the lid (after you've turned off the grill but it's still hot). After the grill cools down, then perform your cleaning routine and it's much easier to remove the grime.
I am quite happy with the surface area, as I can easily fit 8 large burgers on at once. I live in the frozen north, so the fact that this grill will also work indoors is plus.
It's portable, reliable, easy to use and clean, and a bargain compared to other outdoor grills.
George put his name on a very good product.
Update: I have owned this grill for 2 1/2 years now and it still works like new!
My go to cleaning method is to dampen a few papertowels with water and a few drops of dish soap, then lay them out across the grill , close it until the steam lessens, then repeat once more with soapy water while I rinse the first paper towels then reuse them with plain water while I rinse the second batch and use it with plain water again as I turn off the grill and eat. When I come back there's minimal cleaning left to do almost everytime!
The construction hasn't changed much, which is kind of disappointing because the construction of it is pretty cheap. The hinge is prone to breaking, and sometimes it doesn't quite get things hot enough. They're also a gigantic pain to clean.
However, this doesn't stop the Foreman from being a solid, healthy way to make and prepare food. It won't get you first rate food, or maybe not even second rate food, but it will get the job done in a pinch, just not as well as conventional tools.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos