Retailers & ServicesHealth ServicesDNA Testing ServicesNational Geographic
Geno 20 Next Generation Genographic Project Participation and DNA Ancestry Kit

Geno 2.0 Next Generation Genographic Project Participation and DNA Ancestry Kit

The Genographic Project

is a multiyear research initiative led by National Geographic Explorer-in-Residence Dr. Spencer Wells. Dr. Wells and a team of renowned international scientists are using cutting-edge genetic and computational technologies to analyze historical patterns in DNA from participants around the world to better understand our human genetic roots. The three components of the project are:

• To gather and analyze research data in collaboration with indigenous and traditional peoples around the world
  • To invite the general public to join this real-time scientific project and to learn about their own deep ancestry by purchasing a Genographic Project Participation and DNA Ancestry Kit.
  • To use a portion of the proceeds from Genographic kit sales to further research and the Genographic Legacy Fund, which in turn supports community-led indigenous conservation and revitalization projects

The Genographic Project is anonymous, nonmedical, and nonprofit, and all results are placed in the public domain following scientific peer publication.

Is it available widely??
Would you spend the dime to do this?
How accurate is this DNA test? I've never heard anything about it.
Start your review of Geno 2.0 Next Generation Genographic Project Participation and DNA Ancestry Kit!
How would you rate this product?
Jennifer C.
Denton, TX
I received this kit as a gift after expressing interest in knowing more about my genealogy. It was very simple to use, the wait time for my results was very reasonable and they actually were available to me sooner than I had expected. My results were VERY in depth and easy to understand which I appreciated. The National Geographic geno website has more features to help you get a more in depth look at your genealogy, however I haven't had a chance to explore it just yet (I got my results very recently). I am very happy to be a part of this project with National Geographic and countless other curious people just like me, and I would absolutely recommend this product (and have) to family and friends.
Crissy A.
Monahans, TX
It was very detailed.  The results weren't what I was expecting and I'm still not certain how accurate it is.  I plan on having both of my parents done to make sure.  Overall the kit was a reasonable price and the offer discounts during the holidays.  I would recommend this kit just based on the amount of details it gives you.
Yosra B.
Arlington, VA
It’s my best courses and information ressources and films ever I love it so much and it’s very nice in photos and videos and quality
Jennifer N.
Park Ridge, IL
My mother in law purchased a DNA test thru National Geographic many years ago, without our knowledge, and when she passed away a couple years ago we ended up with her test summary and results. Unfortunately, the test isn't linked to a database any longer and when it was it didn't give her the type information that she was expecting she didn't have any idea when she would be able to see more results. I wish that companies who provide this service should be transparent when it comes to what exactly their results will give you and how you will be able to use them.... exactly!
christine  R.
N Brunswick, NJ
Very easy to use. I received my results quickly. They give you allot of detail about your results
Brittany S.
University Place
National Geographic is an extremely educational TV channel that not only airs on television but also has magazines for adults and children. Definitely recommend for the littles!
Diana K.
Austin
Can’t say it was an eye opener, like one of the 23andMe products, looks like it’s mostly targeted to satisfied NatGeo’s goals more than the customer’s. But it was interesting to get to know the Neanderthal percentage of DNA anyway
member-d2138
I was super excited to get my results back. I loved reading and finding out where I am from. It also gives you information on the region that you’re from. I wish it was a little more specific as to what ethnic group you’re from.
alex F.
Frederick, MD
I took the Nat Geo DNA test. I love the ability to trace my mitochondrial DNA through numerous generations and centuries. As a female, I did not get as much information as my husband or brother did who both tried this service out as well. They have a fun feature to compare your dna to "genius" relatives
Lisa S.
Asheville, NC
I got this for my sweetie, and it was just what he wanted - it showed all the different parts of the world his ancestors came from. It was easy to use, and the results came back in a little over a month. Personally, I would like to know more about my medical makeup, so would go for one of the other big brands, and plan to. But if all you want to know is if you really do have Indian blood, or was Grandpa spinning a yarn, this is the test kit for you.