BY GENERIC VALUE PRODUCTS

GVP Conditioning Shampoo brightens dull or faded hair color. Compare to Clairol Shimmer Lights Original Conditioning Shampoo and save! see more...

• Does this actually work as well or no? 4 Answers
  • I'm going to be bleaching my hair, and would like to know...3 Answers
  • Does this shampoo work if I dye my hair blue on top of th...1 Answers
Generic Value Products GVP Conditioning Shampoo: Compare to Clairol Shimmer Lights Original Conditioning Shampoo
Caroline H.
Los Angeles
This was a great product to use when I needed to tone my bleached hair but couldn't find  Clairol Professional Shimmer Lights Conditioner in stores. Not only is it just as high quality and effective as Shimmer Lights, it's less than half the price! Overall, a really solid purple shampoo that will leave your hair color corrected, clean, and soft.
Dani M.
Orlando, FL
I recently decided to color my hair with a lot more blonde than I ever have before, and the specific blonde I was going for had more of the cooler, ashy tones to it. My hairdresser recommended I look into a purple shampoo just to maintain that brass-free blonde, and since I had such luck with other GVP products I decided to try this one as well. I use this once or twice a week to maintain my blonde and it’s been wonderful. I’ve been able to go longer in between salon visits since using this.

I will say it can be slightly drying on my hair, so I always try to use a deep conditioner after so my hair doesn’t feel or look dry.

With all the GVP line being so affordable, there’s really no reason not to give this a try!
Arika S.
Newark, DE
I have had blonde hair for almost 3 years & this brand works just as good as the name brand. It banishes brashiness in my hair & isn't overly drying. The price of this product is what keeps me using this one over some others I've also tried. It's so much more affordable.
Caitlyn D.
junction city
I cannot believe this is so affordable. I have friends ask me if I had my hair dyed after i wash my hair with this stuff. It doesn’t leave any build up and a little goes a long way. I love to leave it on for a few minutes to get a platinum effect.
Katelynn A.
Colorado Spgs, CO
THE BEST. And BEST VALUE for your buck when it comes to purple shampoo. You get this at sally beauty supply, and it tones out all the yellow brassiness from your hair. Don’t leave it on too long unless you like a purple tint to your hair.
Emily J.
Rensselaer, NY
I love this shampoo. I purchased this at Sallys Beauty for $13.  It is such a deep blue/purple and shimmery when you pour it out. It keeps the bronze from my hair and leaves it as a nice white/silvery color but this is because I use it 2x a week and leave it in my hair for 15 minutes before washing it out! I have received many compliments on this shampoo since using it.
Amyy 😙.
Personally I didn't like this product when I used it. The scent is very cloying to me and even though it is a very dark purple I don't think it helped with the brassiness of my hair. Not only did it not help with my brassiness, it made my hair super dry. I think the price is very cheap but I'd rather spend the money on another purple shampoo.
Taylor J.
If you tend to get really yellowish or brassy hair this is a must have. It’s cheaper than any other purple shampoo but still has a very high pigment. I️ have used other products with more pigment that can be more effective, but if you’re hair isn’t completely over processed and can hold the pigment it’s a much better option for a better price. I️ got it from Sally’s for $5.99.
Jessica J.
Crowley, TX
AMAZING!! I've used all kinds of purple shampoo and this one is by far the best for maintaining your blonde. It's also great that it's affordable at sallys. Not only does it keep you super blonde, but it cleans the hair very well. If you have platinum/white hair, it might start to give you a bit of a purple tint. Love love love!!
Nicole N.
Columbia , MO
This is a very purple very opaque purple shampoo. Laters great and If your looking for a good toning shampoo this is a cheaper alternative with outstanding results. I have been using this shampoo for years and can’t live without it.
Maggi P.
Huntsville, AL
Does this actually work as well or no?
Rebecca C.
I'm going to be bleaching my hair, and would like to know if this is a good shampoo to use afterwards? I've bleached my hair before and it was an orangish color. Definitely don't want that look again.
Eli K.
Hopkins
Does this shampoo work if I dye my hair blue on top of the blonde or should I use a different one.