BY GENERIC VALUE PRODUCTS

GVP Conditioning Shampoo brightens dull or faded hair color. Compare to Clairol Shimmer Lights Original Conditioning Shampoo and save! see more...

Generic Value Products GVP Conditioning Shampoo: Compare to Clairol Shimmer Lights Original Conditioning Shampoo
Melissa M.
Orangevale, CA
I had to see if this great priced value brand was comparable to Clairol Shimmer Lights Shampoo when I saw it at Sally Beauty and it does! Be prepared for an intensely purple color when it comes out of the bottle but rest assured the purple does not dye your shower walls, skin, or hair in any way! It has a light scent, not overpowering at all as well as a light lather. I have noticed that it tones out brassiness after bleaching my hair and helps with the upkeep of my lavender/purple hair. I would recommend this to anyone trying to achieve or keep a platinum, silver, white, or purple hair color without any yellows and oranges lurking around in your hair still! :)
Elena P.
Fontana, CA
Love this more them the shimmer lights. It has such a good result , leaves your hair feeling healthy . And best takes all the brassy from your blonde . Love this because the shimmer light to me it felt it was leaving my hair dryer stringy . And price difference is much better
Kaydee C.
This stuff tones my hair perfectly! If your hair is a really light blonde and you don't like the yellow, use this. It turns it an ashy color and continues to tone it with each wash. I use it all the time and I love my hair color now. I am very satisfied with this product.
Kyrsty R.
Concord, NC
No No No! The most drying purple shampoo ever. Even more so than the actual shimmer lights which I didn't think was possible. didn't do much if any toning. I stick with Blonde Brilliance cool blondes lathering toner from Sallys. I loooove that stuff.
Alicia G.
W Farmington, OH
I was hesitant with this being generic, but honestly there's virtually no difference between this and other purple shampoos. It suds up really really nice, doesnt dry out my hair, and keeps the copper tones at bay. Definitely a good product!
Taylor M.
Portland , OR
I love this Shampoo, it's very similar to Clairol Shimmer lights, and other purple shampoos, but at half the price of name brands. It's very good for a bit toning to get a bit of yellow out of your hair.
Jamie P.
Chickamauga, GA
This purple shampoo is identical to the Shimmer Lights. You can get this product from Sally's in a big bottle for under $10. I love it and cannot tell a difference between the two.
Meghan G.
Lake Elsinore , CA
This stuff means businesss and at a super affordable price! It's super pigmented but can start leaving quite the buildup on your hair. But works wonders on killing that brass.
Nicole M.
Madera, CA
Great bargain! Keeps my hair to Ed and refreshed weekly! Eliminates brassy gold yellow tones! Shampoos in and rinses nicely. Hair smells and looks great! Affordable.
Cam S.
It's alright. It tones down some brassiness, but not as much as I think it should. It also kind of dries my hair out. I'll be trying something new next time..
Rebecca C.
I'm going to be bleaching my hair, and would like to know if this is a good shampoo to use afterwards? I've bleached my hair before and it was an orangish color. Definitely don't want that look again.
Maggi P.
Hermitage , TN
Does this actually work as well or no?
Eli K.
Hopkins
Does this shampoo work if I dye my hair blue on top of the blonde or should I use a different one.