BY GENERAL MOTORS #23 in Cars

General Motors
  • "i've had a gm car before, it was ok but my first one was a lemon and it took a while and a lot of calls and letters in order to get another one but i did however i never went back when it was time to get a new car." in 7 reviews
  • "Depending on which vehicle you get and which motor and transmission you get, you can make any of their vehicles get really good gas mileage." in 7 reviews
  • "Great vehicles, grew up with parents both driving GM vehicles, and soon to be owning one myself!" in 7 reviews
  • "I have purchased 6 new GM vehicles over the past 29 years and owned them for many years." in 5 reviews
Heather M.
Houston , TX
I just bought my very first mom car and I couldn’t be happier! I purchased the 2018 GMC Acadia sle2. Very spacious but compact! 3 row seating with captains chairs! Charging ports all over and ac works amazing! I get great gas mileage and the rear view camera is wonderful! Plus I love apple car play only down side is the trunk is small unlesss you fold down third row
OnDeane J.
PHILADELPHIA, PA
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
I've had 2 GM vehicles. The first I assume bc it got up to 10 I should expect it to need more TLC. The second (my current) should have been trashed before it left the assembly line. It's still relatively new yet I'm constantly putting it in the shop for 1 thing or anything. My check engine light lives in a constant state of "on." There's new recalls on it all the time. 1 recall was very serious and could ultimately be the downfall of the vehicle in the long run and that was the oil consumption recall. This resulted in my car engine being in the shop in pieces for days. And the dealership didn't even know about the bulletin! I found it digging online!
They rush to keep up with the latest trends, but the quality suffers greatly.
I will NEVER but another.
Crystal A.
Happy valley, OR
I have a GMC Yukon Denali.... and to say I love it, would be an understatement. For about 10 years, i begged my husband for a Yukon Denali. Our family needs a full size SUV, and we've always been GM owners. To me, the Denali is the pinnacle of luxury and performance. We owned a full size Suburban, and then a Tahoe, and now the Yukon. When it came time to a buy a new car, I began doing research and comparing the different vehicles. We narrowed it down to a Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ, Cadillac Escalade or the Yukon Denali. Obviously for me, the interior and upgrades are important. For my husband it's about the motor and mechanical aspects of the vehicle. Once we started pricing and comparing, there was no contest. No vehicle can compare to the value, luxury, performance and look of the Yukon. The Denali is the top trim and upgrade package for the Yukon. You get things like premium leather seats, rear seat entertainment system, Bose Speakers, moon roof, privacy glass, heated and cooled seats, fold in side mirrors that are heated, heated steering wheel, automatic fold in running boards etc. The motor is the bigger of the GM motors and the drivetrain is 4WD. The seat configuration is really great. The second row seats are captains seats, which allow for easy access to the 3rd row. It's also nice to have the 2 individual seats when you have car seats in them. The captains chairs also recline. Both rows of seats fold down flat, for maximum cargo room. In the rear cargo area, there is a storage compartment underneath the cargo mat. There is also a net to hold cargo in place. Since we are a family of 3, I usually keep the 3rd row of seats folded down and the back area holds a lot!! Stroller, groceries, packages etc. The seats fold and unfold at the push of a buttom, which makes it super easy to change the configuration. We have had 5 adults and a car seat in the Yukon comfortably. No one felt squished or miserable. There is a center console that had plenty of storage, plus multiple places to charge devices. There are also memory card and AUX Plugs in for the rear seat entertainment system. The DVD player for the rear seat is on the dash, so you can switch out movies on the go. You can sync the radio with your phone, so steaming music is super easy. You can also access memory cards via radio for stored music. The front entertainment panel controls the radio, your phone, OnStar, rear seat entertainment system, weather, navigation and several.other features. With the navigation, you can save addresses, use it to calculate the best routes, have it automatically route you around traffic, pick a route that is the most direct, stay on surface streets etc. The weather program is great too. Once you put in your route, it calculates the weather along your route and will automatically send you weather alerts or warnings. There is a rear view camera that is actually 4 cameras linked together, so you not only see directly behind you, you see to the sides as well. As you turn the wheel, the cameras turn with you to guarantee you don't back into anything. There is also a warning system that will flash on the screen and vibrate your seat if something comes into your path while in reverse. In the front there is a blind spot monitor that flashes on the driver and passenger mirror if a vehicle is in your blind spot. The cruise control has an automatic braking system that will help avoid collisions. There are front and side airbags, with a sensor to disable the passenger airbag.
All in all, this is a very amazing car. From the outside it looks great, the classic muscle of a full size SUV, but with tthe luxury of chrome trim, privacy glass, high shine paint and a chrome grill. Inside, the leather seats, woodgrain trim, large display panel, easy change seating configuration, seating for up to 8 adults, leather seats, lots of windows, DVD system, premium sound system, ample leg room, reclining seats, carpeted mats, sound dampening cabin for a quiet ride, it all comes together to make it a comfortable, luxurious and nice riding car. It's just a beautiful and practical car, where everything comes together in the absolute best way. It's the very definition of luxury and utility. When both husband and wife can be in love with a car, and everyone can be comfortable and safe, you know you've really found your dream vehicle! If you're considering getting one, I can't tell you enough- get a GMC Yukon Denali!
Cathy W.
Carthage, TX
Only brand of vehicle I have or will ever own! Safety is a number one concern of theirs. All issues I have ever had were always handle quickly by a certified GM dealer and always so easy. Definitely recommend shopping at your local GM dealer for the best brand out there.
Wayne L.
New Albany, IN
Some products are great. I like their trucks, although I thought their "new" Silverados was a big whiff. They continue to lag behind on THE most important element, and that is, style and design!

As most people do not use their trucks as intended, i.e. as a daily driver, and not as an off-roarer or hauler, we don't want subdued looks. The Ram and F150 are much better in this regard. And this is from someone who has owned over 10 GM products , to include 5 Corvettes, including my current 2013 Corvette Grand Sport.

Which brings me to the next concern, which is, in spite of the public becoming wider to put it politely ( I am in this group), the new C7 Corvette is tighter inside, so it rules me out. And other vehicles of theirs seem to also be tighter vs the competition.

As we age, comfort and styling become more important. The new Impala is an improvement. But not in the space department, i.e. seat of the pants, literally.

I have been on the retail and Mfr side of the equation, mostly in GM stores, for years, as well. And yet my Dad retired from Ford, so I have also owned Fords at times. As well as Hondas, Nissans and Toyotas.

Nissan was well ahead of the curve on the mid sized SUV, with the 2003 intro of the Murano. It took many years for the big 3 to wake up and smell the success of that market.

Still too many dealers, still overlaps in certain brands, still too many things hamstringing the company, but, it is improving. Just not fast enough, in my eyes.
S B.
General Motors starts factories in cities and leaves them leaving all employees with no severance and no options. They did this to Flint Michigan Shreveport Louisiana and they will probably do it to Bowling Green Kentucky soon.
Kristin S.
Detroit, MI
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
GM has been good to me. I drive a Buick Regal and I absolutely LOVE it. Not only is the company good to it's customers by offering warranty protection, GM Cares helped me when I was working on a non profit effort. I couldn't have done it without them.
Ashley C.
Cranston, RI
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I'm glad that almost everyone here has good luck with their GM vehicles. Nothing wrong with that. I owned ONE GM vehicle and I'm all set. I know plenty of friends and family members that own or have owned a product by GM and they were absolutely awful. I owned a Pontiac Grand Prix. Total money pit. I feel that GM made better vehicles prior to the 2000's. Even my 2003 was just so cheaply made. There's a reason they dropped a ton of brands, think about that. They got rid of Pontiac, Hummer, Oldsmobile, Saturn.. I may have missed a couple. Even when they bought Saab, they ruined them. My fiance works on vehicles, he installs anything electrical. Radios, speakers, alarms, etc. The dash of the Hummer, a VERY expensive and sought after vehicle (maybe not these days) was put together by cheap, plastic screws. That's not cool. He said everything about it was cheap. Sorry if I sound bitter and a little crazy but I'm just sharing my own opinion and some other individuals opinions. Again, I know some people have no issues with their GM vehicles and I send good thoughts to you for the future. Maybe GM spent a little more time and effort on some of the brands they produced. Going by the previous reviews here, it seems people are doing well with their GMCs. I just think there are much better auto makers out there with quality and very reliable automobiles.
Megan W.
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
They build good cars however as far as keeping a good business going they have been lacking for the past couple years and you put more time and effort into the buildings and manufacturer part of their business
JoAnn H.
Richmond Hill, GA
The night before our son was born my husband purchased a new GMC SLT Yukon. I was so upset, mainly because I am 5'3 and big vehicles are difficult for me to get in and out of and its hard to reach things. Boy was I wrong! I fell in love with that Yukon FAST. Five years later, feeling guilty for selling my car without asking and buying me that first Yukon my wonderful hubby sold the Yukon and bought me a white with light beige and wood grain interior 535i BMW sport series - every girls dream car. I fell in love with that car OR so I thought until summer came.. Along with boys and their baseball cleats/gear, stinky football gear and all their friends. Oh how I missed my Yukon. Apologized to my hubby, he was right. Needless to say, YAY!!!! He bought me another Yukon, this time the Denali and I Love it !! The boys are happier too. Of course occasionally I miss my BMW, but my trust worthy, safe, trouble free, spacious GMC Denali is my favorite by far!! Hubby is 6'4, tons of leg room!!
Carla E.
Battle Creek, MI
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Truck, car, or SUV what is your favorite?
Connie F.
Talladega, AL
Do you like having *On Star in the GM products?
Marissa V.
What is you're favorire model and why?
Samantha H.
Marysville, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
What is your favorite gm car color
Kelly P.
Shingle Spgs, CA
What do you think of GM? Do you have a favorite FM vehicle?