GEICO uploaded by Rio I.

BY GEICO #2 in Insurance Providers

GEICO, Government Employees Insurance Company, has been providing affordable auto insurance since 1936.

• Wish there was a way to get cheaper insurance 4 Answers
Natalia V.
Orlando, FL
Where is the zero star option when you need it? Terrible, terrible company. Everything was nice and perfect at the beginning, but oh how things change!! I used to own a hybrid vehicle and sadly its battery died. I called Geico and they went and jumpstarted the car. I called them 3 days in a row. The guy than cam to help told me that I had UNLIMITED road side assistance. On the 4th day I called them and they asked me if I was planning on fixing the issue. I told them that the night before I took the car to a local shop and they claimed the issue was fixed but it really wasn't. Well, the Geico agent told me that I couldn't use road side assistance because I needed to show evidence of that. I explained that since I went to a local, small shop, they didn't give me a receipt or anything like that. He cancelled my service right away and left me and my newborn daughter at a hot parking lot with no one else to help us. Needless to say I cancelled my policy right away.
Hanover, PA
I have been with Geico now for 5 years and I wouldn't switch for anything. it is affordable for us and has great benefits. I have multiple cars, trucks, suv's under my account and they work with every issue we have, whether it's an accident, or being stuck on the side of the road.. what ever it is, they will help. I love how informative they are when I have a question about something, and their call back time is always fast. They will do anything to keep their customers happy. I have never had a problem with geico and I highly recommend you have them or switch. they are amazing.
vallejo, CA
I personally have had them and luckily never had to make a claim. But unfortunately my mother try to make a claim a few months back because her car was stolen right out of my driveway. They refused to take care of her claim never paid her for her car and she even had to pay the impound fees when they finally found it in a marsh underwater. Their service was terrible and they offered no care in the world I would not recommend them to anyone
Ashley C.
Timonium, MD
If I could give them zero stars I would.

First if all I they were much more expensive compared to what I pay now with State Farm. Secondly I was visiting friends out of state and my bank account had been compromised, so no money, out of state and my car insurance was due in two days. So I called them to let them know hey all my money was stolen I can't pay you on time. The woman was super understanding until I mentioned I was stuck out of state she SWITCHED MY CAR INSURANCE TO ANOTHER STATE BECAUSE APPARENTLY VISITING AND LIVING ARE THE SAME THING!

Just an FYI I lived on the DE state line meaning 10 minutes down the road I would travel to work in MD. Meaning I got paid from Maryland, so when I had to show proof to Geico that I lived in DE and sent them my bank info that had my address they actually went through my statement and said "Well you get laid from md we aren't switching it bank". WHAT?!

Awful company which cost me a lot of time, money, and horrible memories. Never again!
dominika t.
Columbia, MD
I live in MD and I'm paying $90 a month for my 2015 Nissan sentra so I really can't complain. I also have the roadside assistance from them which makes me feel safer when I travel to NJ by myself to visit my family
Rio I.
I want to preface this by saying that I don't have Geico, or any insurance for that matter. I don't even have a drivers license. But! Geico has a pretty fun booth at the Auto Show that I encourage everyone to go check out. I met the Geico Gecko! How cute!
Amanda L.
This company is amazing. Lowest rates, by far and I love that they offer renters insurance, as well. They have wonderful customer service and I am completely happy with them. I don't plan on switching any time soon. I would recommend to any one.
Jenna G.
Newton, NJ
Good insurance. I am confused on rates. I had them and they were more expensive then progressive so I switched. Now they are cheaper then progressive.
Shammah G.
De Kalb, MS
I use his car insurance and I have no complaints. They work with you to make sure you are a satisfied customer. I love how affordable they are.
Delia Z.
Denison, TX
I had geico for years. There customer service sucks. I finally changed service and I'm even saving money. I wouldn't recommend them to no one.
Heather F.
Green Spring, WV
Wish there was a way to get cheaper insurance