BY GEFFEN RECORDS

Recording information: 2nd Floor Studios, CA; Circle House Recording Studio, Miami, FL; Jungle City Studios, NYC; Kensaltown Studios, London; Marvin's Room Studios, W. Hollywood, CA; MSR Studios, New York, NY; Parkland Playhouse, Broward County; Platinum Sound Recording Studio, NYC; Triangle Sound Studios West, Encino, CA. Photographers: D'Andre Michael; Indrani; Klinko. Intro excepted, a devout Mary J. Blige fan could listen to these 70 minutes of music as an untitled album and never think of it as a sequel to 1994's My Life. Technically titled My Life II. The Journey Continues (Act 1) - yes, it's the first act of a continuation - it's more the successor to Blige's previous album, Stronger with Each Tear. Blige is in a much different, presumably much better place now than she was when she made the turbulent My Life. That album has one guest who appears during a half-minute interlude; there really isn't much room for any other voice. My Life II, like Stronger, is more like My Life and Those of Others Who Join Me, as it is it involves a succession of high-profile guests: Nas, Busta Rhymes, Drake, Rick Ross, Beyonc, Diddy, and Lil Wayne. Those who are hoping for something in the spirit of mid-'90s Blige might be disappointed and think of the title as a ploy, but those who expect a wide variety of material in terms of style and mood will get precisely that. The first half contains several uplifting, upbeat numbers, including a muscular cover of Rufus & Chaka Khan's "Ain't Nobody," where producer Rodney Jerkins seems to have placed the synthesizer bass from Ren & Angela's "I'll Be Good" in a deep fryer. Chest-beating pleader "25/8" clearly aims for classic status with a Gamble/Huff sample. The second half is heavy on ballads. ~ Andy Kellman see more...

Buy on Target
Shalana G.
Smyrna, GA
Pop Culture Expert
I was hesitant to listen to this album. I didn't think it could ever compete to the original My Life. But wow this was really good. I found myself listening on repeat and singing and getting in my feelings per usual. My Life still stands as a much truer classic but this was a very good album.
Kristen M.
Wichita, KS
Pop Culture Expert
Love Mary! I've been a big fan since I was a kid! She just makes you feel her music so deeply! You feel like she's your friend and your listening to her story or better yet having a conversation! I would recommend that you try this!
Naima S.
What a timeless voice with timeless lyrics. In this album you feel the hurt, love, and pain Mary has had to deal with. Atleast 3 of my top 25 songs came from this album and I only imagine more as I continue to get older
Kinsley P.
Concord, NC
Pop Culture Expert
Mary J Blige is an amazing singer !!!!! I love to go see her in concerts she's absolutely spectacular you should definitely go see her in person
Maria T.
East Boston, MA
Still love Mary- and on this album"ain't nobody is my jam!!
Listen to the whole album though-I loved it-she hot my a baby Drake on it too!! ❤❤
Princess Mary W.
I love me some Mary j blige. She makes me want to kick a man's cold hearted arsenal when she sings. Love her music and swag
natassia t.
SAN ANTONIO, TX
Pop Culture Expert
Mary has that voice that makes you feel like your in the same room. I love her music. I grew up listening to her
Christ D.
La Porte, TX
Pop Culture Expert
She has a fantastic voice. I love listening to her. I seen her in concert once she was great! Love her music
Maria F.
Grandy, NC
Pop Culture Expert
Can't go wrong getting a Mary J album! Classic and great for the late nights with your significant other!
Michelle P.
Dallas, TX
MJB I love her music she is a powerful woman her music the lyrics what she says just Love her music
Chyna R.
The queen of R&B. ?
Mua U.
when will she start singing again? or has she came out with any songs lately?
Adiana P.
Is this good
Adiana P.
Is this good
Myia D.
Baltimore, MD
I like this CD what is your least favorite track?