BY GEFFEN RECORDS

Recording information: 2nd Floor Studios, CA; Circle House Recording Studio, Miami, FL; Jungle City Studios, NYC; Kensaltown Studios, London; Marvin's Room Studios, W. Hollywood, CA; MSR Studios, New York, NY; Parkland Playhouse, Broward County; Platinum Sound Recording Studio, NYC; Triangle Sound Studios West, Encino, CA. Photographers: D'Andre Michael; Indrani; Klinko. Intro excepted, a devout Mary J. Blige fan could listen to these 70 minutes of music as an untitled album and never think of it as a sequel to 1994's My Life. Technically titled My Life II. The Journey Continues (Act 1) - yes, it's the first act of a continuation - it's more the successor to Blige's previous album, Stronger with Each Tear. Blige is in a much different, presumably much better place now than she was when she made the turbulent My Life. That album has one guest who appears during a half-minute interlude; there really isn't much room for any other voice. My Life II, like Stronger, is more like My Life and Those of Others Who Join Me, as it is it involves a succession of high-profile guests: Nas, Busta Rhymes, Drake, Rick Ross, Beyonc, Diddy, and Lil Wayne. Those who are hoping for something in the spirit of mid-'90s Blige might be disappointed and think of the title as a ploy, but those who expect a wide variety of material in terms of style and mood will get precisely that. The first half contains several uplifting, upbeat numbers, including a muscular cover of Rufus & Chaka Khan's "Ain't Nobody," where producer Rodney Jerkins seems to have placed the synthesizer bass from Ren & Angela's "I'll Be Good" in a deep fryer. Chest-beating pleader "25/8" clearly aims for classic status with a Gamble/Huff sample. The second half is heavy on ballads. ~ Andy Kellman see more...

Buy on Target
Marlena S.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I can not say one bad thing about Ms. Mary J. Blige! I grew up listening to her and she has been one the most influential artists in my life. Her career has spanned 25 years and she's still relevant today. She's so talented and diverse that a music category had to be created for her, "HipHop-R&B." And she is the Queen!
Shalana G.
East Hartford, CT
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I was hesitant to listen to this album. I didn't think it could ever compete to the original My Life. But wow this was really good. I found myself listening on repeat and singing and getting in my feelings per usual. My Life still stands as a much truer classic but this was a very good album.
Kristen M.
Wichita, KS
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Love Mary! I've been a big fan since I was a kid! She just makes you feel her music so deeply! You feel like she's your friend and your listening to her story or better yet having a conversation! I would recommend that you try this!
Naima S.
What a timeless voice with timeless lyrics. In this album you feel the hurt, love, and pain Mary has had to deal with. Atleast 3 of my top 25 songs came from this album and I only imagine more as I continue to get older
Jennifer  p.
Livonia, MI
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This is the Queen of all R & B!! Never a bad track. Every song has a meaning and will be meaningful to the listener. I believe MJB will appeal to even people that do not normally listen to R&B
brittany f.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Great artist! Good price for the music and talent! Such a great product! The brand alone is great. They have such great quality. I recommend! Would buy more
Savannah M.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I love MjB! Her voice is moving! She makes my day each morning when I jam to all her hits. I've always been a fan. I love all her CDs but this is my favorite
Richelle C.
Hampton , VA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I Love Mary J Blige! She is a great artist and has had a very successful career. She has held her ground in the business and not a lot of artist can compare.
Brittany G.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I love Mary j. but this album is the best I can relate to some of the songs on this album. her voice is amazing I wish I could sing as well as she can.
Josh S.
Hudson, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
She is such an amazing and talented artist her story to the road of success is incredible the is a must have she is one of the top R&B artist to date
................
Mua U.
when will she start singing again? or has she came out with any songs lately?
Adiana P.
Is this good
Adiana P.
Is this good
Myia D.
Baltimore, MD
I like this CD what is your least favorite track?