- "needless to say the gears of war series is hands down one of my favorite games for the xbox 360. i got so invested into the characters and story line, especially after reading all the books and graphic novels." in 27 reviews
- "The horde mode never seems to get boring, but when your at level 45 and cant seem to win, a switch over to beast mode is a nice change." in 16 reviews
- "Its not the best game they have made but it made due, Playing online with friends was the best part, didnt find the story mode that great." in 10 reviews
- "This franchise has had pretty good storyline throughout, but with this game specifically they really knock it out of the park." in 7 reviews
- "With the addition of new maps, match types, weapons, and characters online game play is even better than it was in the previous games." in 5 reviews
However if you're a casual gamer who likes to just kick back and relax playing games. then this is also a good game for that. it has a long and fun campaign. it has multiplayer with AI Bots. so you can practice. Also has Horde and Beast Mode. Horde you team up with friends or random players and you fight waves and waves of enemies. setting up defenses and repairing them after each wave before the next round begins.
Over all the game feels like a truly worthy upgrade to a truly classic series. I'll miss the further adventures of Marcus and gang, assuming we don't really see a sequel or extension (highly unlikely, right). It's like closing a chapter with friends.
Now what about that Beast Mode? How awesome to be the enemy attacking the good guys for once. From being little wrenchers to big biserkers, this is so awesome. Love the extra character selections, gender wise. Wish they would have customization to make your own GOW character. Cant wait to see more.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos