BY GEARS OF WAR 3

Gears of War 3
  • "needless to say the gears of war series is hands down one of my favorite games for the xbox 360. i got so invested into the characters and story line, especially after reading all the books and graphic novels." in 27 reviews
  • "The horde mode never seems to get boring, but when your at level 45 and cant seem to win, a switch over to beast mode is a nice change." in 16 reviews
  • "Its not the best game they have made but it made due, Playing online with friends was the best part, didnt find the story mode that great." in 10 reviews
  • "This franchise has had pretty good storyline throughout, but with this game specifically they really knock it out of the park." in 7 reviews
  • "With the addition of new maps, match types, weapons, and characters online game play is even better than it was in the previous games." in 5 reviews
Jasmine S.
San Diego, CA
OH how I do love this game, but there are so many glitches with it and you would think after all these years it would be fixed. My first complaint is I think there should be a female Locust/swarm player. I don't think the gnasher is a strong enough gun. I hate how when a friend joins the XBOX it covers up my screen. Or in 2 players when something is achieved it covers up the screen. I think it should go to the side. I also think that friends 3 or more should be able to play social play I like how it is random game modes instead of picking only one and then switching over. I will continue to play but I just wish it was better. ALso I love how they added a black female character with natural hair.
Steven M.
Bronston, KY
Gears of War3 is hands down one of my top 5 multiplayer games of all time. I admit its not everyone's cup of tea. Learning all the little secrets and strategies like "wall bouncing" around your opponent before blasting them, takes patience and practice. People playing this game for the first time especially the multiplayer will need some practice. Or you will find yourself looking at the respawn screen a lot. needless to say once you get the hang of it, you'll be having a ton of fun. its a very competitive game. This is the only game that has got my heart racing when its you vs 5 or 6. and you're taking them out 1 by 1 with all eyes on you. theres nothing like it. getting the sniper and watching the heads pop as you pull the trigger and hearing that sound is very addicting and rewarding.
However if you're a casual gamer who likes to just kick back and relax playing games. then this is also a good game for that. it has a long and fun campaign. it has multiplayer with AI Bots. so you can practice. Also has Horde and Beast Mode. Horde you team up with friends or random players and you fight waves and waves of enemies. setting up defenses and repairing them after each wave before the next round begins.
Linda C.
Statesville, NC
Gamer Expert Level 1
Me and my husband got this game to play the campaign coop. We love it. It has great graphics and a good story line. I have played 1 and 2 but my husband had never played any. He is now a gears fan as well. :) get it at your local gaming store!
Raquel L.
Stanford, IL
This is one of the best gears of wars. The online hoarde mode is my favorite. The only thibg i dont like is how the hosts always leavd the game and when it ends or migrates host you lose all the money you made. I lost $29,000 once and lost it.
Alba G.
Cathedral Cty, CA
For all the people downing this game saying its basically the same as the other two games are clueless! Gears of war is telling a story so its going to follow the story line from the beginning, Gears 1 to the end, Gears 3. This game is a 9.5 out of 10! Great graphics and an excellent story mode keeps you playing the campaign over and over again! Horde mode and Beast mode are so addicting that it will take you hours upon hours to complete them! The best thing about this game is the replayability of it! I have played for countless hours and never get bored. Gears of war 3 multi is nice! Play against people or AI bots whichever you chose you cant go wrong! This game is a keeper and anyone who rates this game low is clueless and has no taste is games! Get Gears of War 3 I promise you wont regret it!
Carolyn S.
Eastport , NY
Graphically this game is nothing short of amazing. Unlike previous games in the series there doesn't seem to be any screen tearing in the campaign (EDIT- later in the game there was some minor tearing). I haven't experienced any in the Live modes I've played, but reserve commenting further until I spend more time with it. In the Beta there was screen tearing galore, so I'm hoping they focused on fixing it for release.Sound effects and voice work are equally amazing. All the voice actors from the previous games make appearances here as well, including fan favorite Cole. Really high quality work.

Over all the game feels like a truly worthy upgrade to a truly classic series. I'll miss the further adventures of Marcus and gang, assuming we don't really see a sequel or extension (highly unlikely, right). It's like closing a chapter with friends.
Jennie T.
Portland, OR
I was pleasantly surprised with Gears of War 3. I played 1 & 2, although I struggled a bit with 2's campaign, and I've always been a fan of Horde mode. My online play is limited, I often play alone or with friends. I breezed through 3's campaign, it took me about four days. I played on casual because I just wanted to get through the game, but I'd be happy to replay on a harder difficulty another time. The landscapes are creative and almost breathtaking,and the missions are straightforward-- Sometimes with multiple ways to tackle the task at hand. Horde mode is much different in 3, you can build outposts and fortify your position with barriers and a slew of other upgrades. You earn money the entire time, and you can spend it repairing your outpost to make oncoming waves easier. The game is quite fun but I recommend playing with others. You'll get more achievements and have more fun. Here's the collectibles guide that I used: such as http://www.ign.com/wikis/gears-of-war-3/Collectibles
MD H.
Gears of War 3 is a third person shooter game. You will play as Marcus Fenix and the rest of his team, Delta Squad. As you guys try to find Marcus Fenix's father, which is the main mission, and to take out the Locust species using a high tech device. Gears of War 3 is so very addicting with clear, sharp graphics that are amazing. The gun balance is excellent. The game modes are very creative. My favorite game mode is the Horde mode, where you can survive up to round 50 doing nothing else but, fighting locusts. And, you don't know team work until you've played Beast mode. I was looking forward to number 3 after loving number 2. GoW3 does not disappoint like other game series. Gears of War 2 was awesome but, Gears of War 3 is even better and more awesome. I would highly recommend Gears of War 3 to all gamers.
Nathan C.
Bangor, ME
Ever since the first Gears of War, I was hooked to this wonderful series. I don't even know where to begin with such a wonderful game, I guess I'll start with the campaign! All of the Gears of War games have had fantastic campaigns. This one especially kept you on the edge of your seat, fighting for humanity against the many creatures who want to take over earth. You and your brute, highly trained squad are one of the last hopes for humanity. In this futuristic campaign there are many weapons to choose from, and it's overall a great experience. At some points while I was playing I felt like I myself was saving the world, it's just so realistic! Now, lets move onto the multiplayer. I found myself spending countless hours playing this game's multiplayer. The maps are amazing, and I love the game modes. It's very quick to find a game and the experience is mind blowing. I have spent countless hours plugging away ammunition into the enemy team, and it was well worth it! If you are looking for a new, fantastic game that will keep you entertained and will make you ask yourself "when is the next one coming out?" you've found it folks. This is one of the best games I have ever played.
Azhlyn B.
Lafayette, IN
Loved it. :] Oh my god, can anymore tears come out of this face?! Story was FLAWLESS. From the amazing new weapons, mechs, and character development. Kudos. Favorite new weapon: retro lancer even though the lancer is my classic weapon to saw enemies down to size. To know you can run and impale characters to death: AMAZING. For the Horde Mode, love the extra creativity of building your fort with barries, dummies, century guns and so on. Countless times of playing online, still my favorite when I'm all alone, with no one having my back and with all i can do. 7 hours non stop playing to get to level 50: WORTH IT.
Now what about that Beast Mode? How awesome to be the enemy attacking the good guys for once. From being little wrenchers to big biserkers, this is so awesome. Love the extra character selections, gender wise. Wish they would have customization to make your own GOW character. Cant wait to see more.
Jackie O.
Van Nuys, CA
Is it good game ?
Sammi V.
Elmendorf, TX
Is this game as good as gears of war 2 ??
allison c.
Renfrew, ON
Whats your favorite weapon?
Daniel E.
Kent, OH
Who is you favorite Gears of War 3 character???
Jackie O.