BY GDIAPERS #53 in Diapers

The disposable diaper with a smaller footprint. Wrap your baby in our adorable soft, breathable diaper covers. Reduce their footprint from day one with 100% biodegradable inserts. It s fashion and eco-function on one cute bum. see more...

gDiapers Little gPants
  • "While they are on the pricey side the are cute eco friendly and a hybrid diaper meaning you can use not inky cloth but also disposable inserts." in 13 reviews
  • "I had a rag-tag collection of the gdiaper cloth inserts, bumgenius pocket diaper inserts, and prefolds that I folded into the little "pocket" of the gdiapers for my newborn, and they were brilliantly quick and easy to use." in 10 reviews
  • "I put up with them for 3 months and was unhappy but I kept telling myself it was just because I was new to cloth diapering." in 8 reviews
DaKeisha T.
Franklin
I love these diapers! They are easy to use and affordable. They are also really cute! I love that you have the option to use disposable inserts(which can be composted if there is only urine on them), which is great for when you are traveling. I have already recommended these diapers to a few friends and strangers that I have met out and about. They are great!
Amber W.
Millcreek, UT
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
Review for: Guppy Green, Small, Good Fortune Red, Small, Goddess Pink, Small more...
I wasn't super thrilled with these diapers. They did not fit my long, skinny baby well. I believe that they would fit a chubbier baby much better. We had large thigh gaps in them, though. I opted to use bamboo inserts instead of the disposables, also because they did not fit well inside the small diaper.
Ashley B.
Bainbridge, NY
Love love love! These diapers have a cloth or disposable (very green but can be expensive ) option i chose cloth with disposable for outings
They are so cute and I don't have to buy a ton of cloth diapers for one kid just need a bunch of inserts and pouches cover rarely get wet or dirty I used them exclusively on 2 kids best cloth diaper I tried very easy to use there are some tips and tricks to them but I found help from other gmoms and I made some great friends doing it plus the company is very helpful for questions or problems they also do a live chat on their Facebook every week
Joey B.
Topeka, KS
I just got a couple of Gpants this past week to try out. They're adorable and have potential to be a wonderful diaper system, but I think it needs just a little improvement before I can say that they are one of my top 3 diaper choices.
First, I understand the fasteners are meant to be on the backside so that little hands can't unfasten them, but there's no point of it on the newborn and small sizes, and it's actually quite difficult to get them fastened for the larger sizes while having a squirming baby to deal with.
Second, the snaps for the snap-in puches need little covers or something to protect the skin. The snaps have been leaving red marks (some turned brown and haven't gone away) on my baby, and while it doesn't seem to bother her, it bothers me.
Third, price. Wow, this is probably the most expensive diapering system I've come across! You have to buy the pants (in multiple sizes), eventually you'll need to replace pouches (in multiple sizes), and either disposable inserts or cloth inserts (in multiple sizes). And while there is a market for a more custom sized diaper, these are just way too expensive.
Fourth, multiple sizes. I personally like a more tailored fit for my baby. She's a very petite girl and the one-sized diapers can cause a lot of bulk on her. Adding a one-size in addition to the custom sizes could probably be great, although I don't know how one would be created. Also, these diapers run a little on the small side.
All-in-all, this diapering system has the potential to be a superb system, it just needs a little improvement in some areas.
Crystal T.
Bremerton, WA
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
When my son was a newborn and was going through tons of diapers I decided to switch to cloth for a while to save some waste. These diapers were not bulky and stayed well secure on him. The cotton is very soft and stretchy and washes very well. Great cloth diapers.
Shasha Y.
Mega Parent Expert Level 5
My husband and I have been using the gdiapers for our 2 month old since birth. Super cute diapers! We love using it so far. Have only had a few leaks, but only because we left him in the diaper too long or if my husband did not tighten it enough. We use a combination of disposable and tri fold inserts. We also own a few Charlie banana diapers, but prefer the gdiapers because you can easily change out the insert and reuse the cover. Less washing with this method than other cloth diapers.
I will say however, that the newborn diapers only fit my baby for the first 2 weeks. He was 8lbs at birth so he quickly grew out of them and moved into the size S diapers and is still wearing size S at two months. He's reaching 14lbs and will be moving up to size M soon. One of the biggest downsides to these diapers are the sizing. You have to buy more diapers for the different sizes compared to other cloth diapers that can be adjusted to fit your baby, but I don't mjnd this.
Chelsea E.
When we decided to switch to cloth we chose to try gDiapers first because the company is here in Oregon where we live. I put up with them for 3 months and was unhappy but I kept telling myself it was just because I was new to cloth diapering. The design of the diaper doesn't really make sense. When you have a poopy diaper you have to unsnap the for spots of the plastic inner piece and hope you don't spread the poop around. We tried both cloth inserts and disposable inserts and didn't like either. This diaper also leaked A LOT. I would make it so tight that sometimes there were red marks on her legs and it would still leak : ( After only a month, the velcro started falling off of 6 of the 15 diapers we bought. I called the company and the customer service was great, but their solution was to send us new velcro. So I had to sew on 24 new pieces of Velcro! (4 pieces per diaper!) We finally gave up and switched to a different brand and haven't looked back. Great concept, horrible design.
RayAnna P.
Cedartown , GA
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Our family loves G diapers! I like that they are size specific so you know you are getting a perfect fit. I don’t think I would buy the newborn size again though; as that is a lot of money to not be in the size for very long.
Crystal B.
Bakersfield, CA
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
My first just went her first two years through gDiapers (now potty training) and I am excited to start my newest addition this December. There is a slight learning curve to cloth diapers in general, and gDiapers require a little learning. I mean you have to figure out your groove for them. I got Rockin' Green detergent which went extremely well with gDiapers and I learned I had to pre-stuff them if I wanted them at ready anytime nature called. Yes, you will have a few leaks but you learn that you might need two cloth liners at night. I have greatly enjoyed these diapers and was worth the financial investment since my second baby will be cost free. Plus, when I am done with them I can resell them to make some of my money back. There are truly a win-win, with a little patience and time.
Caroline M.
Saint Paul, MN
I LOVE CLOTH DIAPERS. It is a great way to limit chemicals reaching your baby (disposables are full of dangerous chemicals), to limit waste, and to stretch your budget. G Diapers allow you to reuse a shell and just change the insert, with both disposable and reusable insert options. For us, they leaked and wicked a lot. If you're interested in this type of cloth diaper, I would say that they are worth a shot, but you could also look into Flip and GroVia brands, as well. Overall, pocket diapers worked much better for us, so I no longer use these.
Guadalupe M.
Gresham, OR
What are some cons about the gDiapers?
Molly B.
Salisbury, NC
Do you compost your disposable inserts? Any tips?
Isis B.