BY GAYLORD HOTELS

Gaylord Hotels
  • "I would definitely recommend anyone to stay here if you want a beautiful place to stay and a wonderful vacation!" in 4 reviews
Allison W.
Mckinney, TX
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Our family did a little “stay -cation” at a local & very LARGE Gaylord hotel in the DFW area last December (2017), and while the hotel was beautiful... it was incredibly expensive. Look, I will actually pay more money for quality items, once & a lifetime type trips, experiential activities (concerts, musicals, & various special events), and I generally believe it is money well spent because it also created priceless memories with the people I love most. However, I am not down with things being expensive just to be expensive - or worse, being expensive because “they can”.... or in other words, robbing you blind because you aren’t given any other options.

Unfortunately, our short time at our local Gaylord was mind blowing.... and not in a good way. This hotel is MASSIVE, which I guess can be good or bad depending on where you are traveling from & what experience you are hoping to have while in town. For us, the hotel’s size created kind of a headache to get the whole family rounded up, all the way to our car miles away, and off to find a place to eat. *Sidenote: you will also pay a small fortune on a daily basis for simply parking your car in their lot or parking garage, which I already mentioned feels like it is miles from your room. Anyway, the alternative to taking a hike to get in your car & go to a restaurant is to eat at one of the many restaurants at the Gaylord, however, be prepared!!! You will pay nothing less than $25.00 per person (yes, even for you children) to get the most basic of meals. That price point goes WAY UP if you are bold enough to go for their Italian or Steak Restaurant. Also, Beware of the “convenient stores” & their $8 bottles of water & $5 bag of lunch size chips!

The price gouging really did leave a bad taste in our mouth with this place. What we spent on a short in town Stay-cation could have amounted to staying in town for at least 1/2 the amount of time & paying out the nose. Seriously, we could have gone on a short road trip to the Hill country outside of Austin (which is pretty expensive no matter what) & actually stayed at least the same amount of nights - if not more & spent the same amount, including $$ gas.

I recommend heading to the Gaylord when they have different events like the big Ice sculptures & holiday stuff, but we will likely NEVER stay in one of these hotels again. 👎🏼
Alaina R.
Matthews, NC
I recently stayed at the Gaylord in Nashville, TN. Overall, the sheer size of the establishment is incredible. I loved the water features, tropical plants, and little hideaways and places to sit down and read a nice book while enjoying a hot beverage from Starbucks. The atriums are so beautiful.

I do have service recommendation, however. We arrived during a downpour of rain, when checking into the hotel guests are encouraged to park in a short-term lot, with an hour to check-in and move their car before being charged. This was helpful, however, the walk into the hotel was quite far. I felt it would have been a nice touch to have a few staff members near the lot with umbrellas to walk guests to and fro. For smaller establishments, I understand that isn't possible - however, because this particular hotel receives an astronomical number of guests, it would be a thoughtful addition that would created a positive experience from the beginning.

We stayed at the hotel for a convention, I was very impressed by the waitstaff. They were kind, professional, and the food was fresh and delicious. Well done.

The hotel room itself was quite nice, the decor was lovely, and it felt clean. The only thing I could recommend would be to ensure the staff are inspecting the linens as one of the bed sheets was torn, and a towel was also frayed. That was the first time I've seen that in a hotel, and it did seem a little bit odd.
Cindie H.
Columbus, GA
We have had company convention at Gaylord Opryland for the last 2 years. This is by far a favorite. It is filled with a botanical feel inside. The place is huge. You can get terrace views that are quite lovely and relaxing. They have multiple eateries and pubs located inside. You truly do not have to leave the place with all the amenities inclusive of resort. Great place to do a photo shoot. There are plenty of seating areas just off path to privately enjoy views. At night they have several different places with lights hanging from atrium. Several waterfalls inside. The rooms are beautifully decorated with comfortable sleeping.
Sara F.
I stayed at the Gaylord Property: The Inn at Opryland and was very disappointed. My room looked great but it smelled musty. The shower took at least five minutes to be warm enough to get into. My room’s door was an exterior door on the back of the hotel and didn’t feel super safe- add to that the door didn’t latch automatically so I inadvertently left my door open for an entire day.
Khymesha D.
Leesburg
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I cannot begin to tell you how much these resorts are. My family and I stayed at the resort in Kissimmee and it was breathtaking and I'm not just saying that.. It really was nice there. There was so many restaurants to decide from a bunch of shopping places to choose from but it was very expensive. So if you wanna plan a very nice getaway that's the place to go
Brandy A.
Seminole
My husband had a retreat in Gaylord Palms Orlando. I got to enjoy the pool and spa while he was in meetings. This hotel is one of my favorites on my list to return! It’s a vacation in itself. There’s no need to go anywhere else if you want a little getaway. Every restaurant was phenomenal too! Top notch service and beautiful courtyard atmosphere.
Rhiannon R.
Stratford, NJ
I love Gaylord Hotels! I’ve visited three properties so far and have stayed at two of them. I love the atrium areas and all the areas you can explore just in your hotel. There’s so many restaurant options and shopping too! Most recently stayed at the Gaylord Palms in Orlando and loved the rooms and the easy location to everything!
Kelsey B.
Currently at a retreat work work in sunny Florida, the resort is BEAUTIFUL and the weather is amazing. Check in was okay, they had about two people and backed up very quickly. They don’t tell you how much the security deposit is ($200), what a joke and the workers in the lunch room have NO SMILES on their faces. It is extremely pricey here too but very beautiful.
Dinah B.
Windsor
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
While these hotels can be a little pricey, especially the parking fees, it is a delight to stay at one.  The rooms are nice but nothing overwhelming.  It is the common areas' decor and atmosphere that makes them so enjoyable.  Not to mention the dining and the spa.  I have stayed at Gaylord Opryland (several times), Gaylord Texan in Grapevine, and Gaylord Palms in Orlando.  They are different and I can't say I prefer one over the other; however, the spa at the Gaylord Texan was out of this world.
Bobbi M.
Smithland
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
The most lavish and amazing hotels around. We absolutely love The Opryland Hotel by Gaylord in Nashville. It is great for celebrations and special occasions. It will run you about $500 a night but the beauty inside is worth it, and the food is amazing! You will get lost in these hotels because they are always huge!
Diana B.
Fort Worth, TX
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
What is your favorite Gaylord location?
Katie F.
Russell Springs, KY
I've heard a lot about these hotels, are they a good experience?
Katelyn O.
East Stroudsburg, PA
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Where are Gaylord hotels located?
Laura V.
Carol Stream, il
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Which Gaylord Hotel location is your favorite?
Jennifer M.
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Never stayed in this hotel . Would you recommend it ?