BY GATORADE

G® Gatorade Recover® Whey Protein Bar Chocolate Caramel.

20g protein.

Artificially flavored.

See nutrition information for saturated fat content.

340 calories per bar. see more...

• Is this bar heavy on the stomach or is it a light alternative to ...4 Answers
  • Can I find this at Walmart?3 Answers
Buy on Walmart
  • "When my boyfriend first purchased these I was like WOAH thats a lot of calories, however I would eat one of these bars prior to my workout and it gave me lots of energy to keep pushing through my workouts." in 1 review
Ruth I.
Pullman
Foodie Expert
I first tried these when they were handing them out for free. I was very iffy on trying these because a lot of the protein bars always has a sandy texture. But this one as soon as I ate it I loved it and I wanted to buy more. The price is a little more than what I wanted to pay for it but it is pretty worth it.
Bethany B.
Macon, GA
I tried one of these tonight at work for the first time. The first few bites were ok, and then it became way too rich, way too fast. It also crumbled all over me as I ate it. Like all over my clothes, so don't eat this of you need to be clean. It is also really dry (hence the crumbling) and would have been impossible to eat without my coffee. Lastly this bar is 340 calories!! I don't think it filled me up enough to warrant that calorie load. Not really a health food might as well get your protein another way. I will not be buying be these ever. Glad I had a chance to try one from a friend before wasting my own money on them.
Paige M.
Orlando, FL
Foodie Expert
HOLY COW. I absolutely love these bars!!! My boyfriend bought them and I stole one from his stash, now we take turns buying them. I only eat half a bar at a time and they are the perfect pick me up! They keep me feeling full and um... are the greatest tasting protein bars I've ever had! Chocolate caramel? Pretzel? Cookies and cream? They have all the flavors you could ever want. The chocolate caramel are my favs, the chovolate is light. The caramel is delicious. And the crunchy stuff in the center is 👌
Lauren L.
Lexington, SC
Foodie Expert
I'd give them 5 stars for taste-the Chocolate Caramel is especially delicious. Unfortunately the macros in the Gatorade Recover bars are too much for my daily meal plan. Often, I break them up into 2-4 servings and eat them as "healthy snacks" when I crave something sweet. I just can't afford to eat 40g of carbs in one bar. They taste AWESOME, though, in all of the flavor varieties, and I think Chocolate Caramel is my favorite.
Taylor N.
Mesa, AZ
Foodie Expert
These taste really good! But, in terms of a good balance of carbs, protein, sugar, and fat, they come up short. They work great for a pre-workout snack, but don't have nearly enough protein to satisfy my needs after a workout.
I also find that sometimes they are downright too sweet for me to finish.
Emily H.
Conway, AR
Foodie Expert
This bar is or pretty good! I would eat one post workout since it has a lot of calories and protein in it. The vanilla almond one is not the best one out there, but I would like to try other flavors!
Cherry O.
Bellflower, CA
Foodie Expert
Pretty average whey protein bar. Flavor is okay, it isn't flavored too strong, which is why I can taste the whey and soy. I did enjoy the crispy whey protein filling. It does have 20g of protein per bar, which is a fair meal replacement bar or pre/after workout post recovery bar.
Brenna Z.
Foodie Expert
I don't mind the taste of these bars but I have found better tasting ones! I think a classic protein shake is a better option than these but if you are busy and on the go then these are okay options. I would try them again but I do not recommend them over other options.
Kamish L.
Aurora, IL
Foodie Expert
These bars are good if you aren't interested in taking protein or if you just want to try something different. I eat one after a workout when I can't get to my protein in time (its best to consume protein at least 30 minutes after your workout). They taste great!
Vivian J.
Buffalo, NY
Too sweet for my tastes personally, but fills me up if I'm hungry and don't have time to grab lunch or if in need of a snack. Would probably purchase the mint flavor over this, but if you like sweet stuff then go for it. Does what it needs to in terms of protein.
Jordan S.
Davenport, FL
Is this bar heavy on the stomach or is it a light alternative to other protein bars?
Karolyn G.
Maracaibo
Can I find this at Walmart?