BY GATORADE #49 in Protein Supplements

G® Gatorade Recover® Whey Protein Bar Chocolate Caramel.

20g protein.

Artificially flavored.

See nutrition information for saturated fat content.

340 calories per bar. see more...

• Is this bar heavy on the stomach or is it a light alternative to ot...4 Answers
Gatorade Recover Whey Protein Bar Chocolate Caramel
  • "When my boyfriend first purchased these I was like WOAH thats a lot of calories, however I would eat one of these bars prior to my workout and it gave me lots of energy to keep pushing through my workouts." in 1 review
Taylor M.
Taylor M.
Kettering, OH
Don't get me wrong, these things are delicious. I tried them because I was getting bored with my same old protein bars, but didn't have time to read the label before throwing them in my cart. I assumed that Gatorade brand would give a healthy snack/protein bar but this is actually candy. The nutritional content is very similar to a candy bar, and even though it does have protein you can get that in so many healthier ways. This is not a health food and I'm giving this such a low rating because while this is delicious, it is being marketed as a health food when it clearly is not. It is not worth the calories because it does not fill you up like similar products.
Taylor N.
Taylor N.
Mesa, AZ
These taste really good! But, in terms of a good balance of carbs, protein, sugar, and fat, they come up short. They work great for a pre-workout snack, but don't have nearly enough protein to satisfy my needs after a workout.
I also find that sometimes they are downright too sweet for me to finish.
Cassandra H.
Cassandra H.
I absolutely love this flavor! Reading the label can be a bit daunting, but with the calories being burned in my workouts, these help me replenish nutrients and my macros without making it seem like exercising was for nothing. Perfect after a long run before a day at work!
Emily H.
Emily H.
Conway, AR
This bar is or pretty good! I would eat one post workout since it has a lot of calories and protein in it. The vanilla almond one is not the best one out there, but I would like to try other flavors!
samantha g.
samantha g.
Selden, NY
These taste so good! I didn't know Gatorade had anything besides drink, but now that I know they have protein bars, I'm definitely going to try some more
Genesis B.
Genesis B.
Winter park , FL
When I had samples of this I did not notice a difference in my soreness. Or maybe I worked out too hard
Rachel H.
Rachel H.
Indianapolis, IN
I wouldn't call this healthy.. 1 bar has 340 calories, 43g of carbs, and 10g of fat! But I will say this is a delicious treat that is high in protein (20g) which still makes it better than a candy bar. It seriously taste sooo good! But that's just to much sugar and carbs for me. If your trying to lose weight I do NOT recommend this. It did not keep me full instead I only wanted another one! Lol It didn't give me energy or make a difference with my workout. It's extremely delicious tho lol
Paige M.
Paige M.
Orlando, FL
HOLY COW. I absolutely love these bars!!! My boyfriend bought them and I stole one from his stash, now we take turns buying them. I only eat half a bar at a time and they are the perfect pick me up! They keep me feeling full and um... are the greatest tasting protein bars I've ever had! Chocolate caramel? Pretzel? Cookies and cream? They have all the flavors you could ever want. The chocolate caramel are my favs, the chovolate is light. The caramel is delicious. And the crunchy stuff in the center is 👌
Lauren L.
Lauren L.
Lexington, SC
I'd give them 5 stars for taste-the Chocolate Caramel is especially delicious. Unfortunately the macros in the Gatorade Recover bars are too much for my daily meal plan. Often, I break them up into 2-4 servings and eat them as "healthy snacks" when I crave something sweet. I just can't afford to eat 40g of carbs in one bar. They taste AWESOME, though, in all of the flavor varieties, and I think Chocolate Caramel is my favorite.
Brenna Z.
Brenna Z.
I don't mind the taste of these bars but I have found better tasting ones! I think a classic protein shake is a better option than these but if you are busy and on the go then these are okay options. I would try them again but I do not recommend them over other options.
Jordan S.
Jordan S.
Davenport, FL
Is this bar heavy on the stomach or is it a light alternative to other protein bars?