BY GATORADE #52 in Protein Supplements

G® Gatorade Recover® Whey Protein Bar Chocolate Caramel.

20g protein.

Artificially flavored.

See nutrition information for saturated fat content.

340 calories per bar. see more...

• Is this bar heavy on the stomach or is it a light alternative to ...4 Answers
Gatorade Recover Whey Protein Bar Chocolate Caramel
  • "When my boyfriend first purchased these I was like WOAH thats a lot of calories, however I would eat one of these bars prior to my workout and it gave me lots of energy to keep pushing through my workouts." in 1 review
Taylor N.
Taylor N.
Mesa, AZ
These taste really good! But, in terms of a good balance of carbs, protein, sugar, and fat, they come up short. They work great for a pre-workout snack, but don't have nearly enough protein to satisfy my needs after a workout.
I also find that sometimes they are downright too sweet for me to finish.
Cassandra H.
Cassandra H.
I absolutely love this flavor! Reading the label can be a bit daunting, but with the calories being burned in my workouts, these help me replenish nutrients and my macros without making it seem like exercising was for nothing. Perfect after a long run before a day at work!
Emily H.
Emily H.
Conway, AR
This bar is or pretty good! I would eat one post workout since it has a lot of calories and protein in it. The vanilla almond one is not the best one out there, but I would like to try other flavors!
samantha g.
samantha g.
Selden, NY
These taste so good! I didn't know Gatorade had anything besides drink, but now that I know they have protein bars, I'm definitely going to try some more
Genesis B.
Genesis B.
Winter park , FL
When I had samples of this I did not notice a difference in my soreness. Or maybe I worked out too hard
Rachel H.
Rachel H.
Indianapolis, IN
I wouldn't call this healthy.. 1 bar has 340 calories, 43g of carbs, and 10g of fat! But I will say this is a delicious treat that is high in protein (20g) which still makes it better than a candy bar. It seriously taste sooo good! But that's just to much sugar and carbs for me. If your trying to lose weight I do NOT recommend this. It did not keep me full instead I only wanted another one! Lol It didn't give me energy or make a difference with my workout. It's extremely delicious tho lol
Bethany B.
Bethany B.
Macon, GA
I tried one of these tonight at work for the first time. The first few bites were ok, and then it became way too rich, way too fast. It also crumbled all over me as I ate it. Like all over my clothes, so don't eat this of you need to be clean. It is also really dry (hence the crumbling) and would have been impossible to eat without my coffee. Lastly this bar is 340 calories!! I don't think it filled me up enough to warrant that calorie load. Not really a health food might as well get your protein another way. I will not be buying be these ever. Glad I had a chance to try one from a friend before wasting my own money on them.
Paige M.
Paige M.
Orlando, FL
HOLY COW. I absolutely love these bars!!! My boyfriend bought them and I stole one from his stash, now we take turns buying them. I only eat half a bar at a time and they are the perfect pick me up! They keep me feeling full and um... are the greatest tasting protein bars I've ever had! Chocolate caramel? Pretzel? Cookies and cream? They have all the flavors you could ever want. The chocolate caramel are my favs, the chovolate is light. The caramel is delicious. And the crunchy stuff in the center is 👌
Lauren L.
Lauren L.
Lexington, SC
I'd give them 5 stars for taste-the Chocolate Caramel is especially delicious. Unfortunately the macros in the Gatorade Recover bars are too much for my daily meal plan. Often, I break them up into 2-4 servings and eat them as "healthy snacks" when I crave something sweet. I just can't afford to eat 40g of carbs in one bar. They taste AWESOME, though, in all of the flavor varieties, and I think Chocolate Caramel is my favorite.
Cherry O.
Cherry O.
Bellflower, CA
Pretty average whey protein bar. Flavor is okay, it isn't flavored too strong, which is why I can taste the whey and soy. I did enjoy the crispy whey protein filling. It does have 20g of protein per bar, which is a fair meal replacement bar or pre/after workout post recovery bar.
Jordan S.
Jordan S.
Davenport, FL
Is this bar heavy on the stomach or is it a light alternative to other protein bars?