Candace S.
Barnet, VT

I heard that Gatorade was bad for the enamel on your teeth, is that true?

Samantha J.
Carly M.
Carly M.
Ashtabula, OH
3 years, 7 months ago
Sugar is bad for the enamel on your teeth, so yes.
Jasmin P.
Jasmin P.
San Antonio, TX
3 years, 7 months ago
That's actually very interesting and something that we should all look into. Thank you for bringing it to our attention
Kristina M.
Kristina M.
Rawson, OH
3 years, 9 months ago
Fitspiration Expert Level 1
Its very bad for your teeth. In high school I was very active in cheerleading and I ALWAYS drank Gatorade. I went to the dentist my senior year and got an ear full. He told me the sugar content was high and not only for your teeth but something you don't think about is your saliva. To much sugar causes your saliva to get all stringy which is what causes the damage to your teeth. I was urged to choose water over Gatorade but IF I did decided to drink it, only drink it when you are exercising and in between drink water.
Brittany A.
Brittany A.
Ontario, NY
4 years, 9 months ago
In general, sports drinks cause softening of the dentin. Gatorade and Powerade, however, cause significant staining. Source: http://articles.cnn.com/2009-04-08/health/sports.drinks.teeth_1_sports-drinks-teeth-dentin?_s=PM:HEALTH
Influenster M.
Influenster M.
4 years, 9 months ago
It must be the sugar content.
Tiffanie C.
Tiffanie C.
Fall River, MA
4 years, 9 months ago
Ye because it has a high sugar content.
terralyn w.
terralyn w.
Baton Rouge, LA
4 years, 10 months ago
I've never actually heard that before but that's something i would research.
Lanaya C.
Lanaya C.
Carmichael, CA
4 years, 11 months ago
Just like with any drink that contains a high amount of sugar it does have the ability to erode the enamel on your teeth. Good dental care will help thwart this.
Kayla R.
Kayla R.
Romeoville, IL
5 years ago
It is because of the sugar in it... but as long as you brush your teeth regularly you should have nothing to worry about