BY GARNIER #2 in Micellar Water

All-in-1 Cleanser & Makeup Remover. Cleanses + removes even waterproof makeup + refreshes. No rinse, no harsh rubbing. For face, lips, and eyes.

This all-in-1 bi-phase cleanser is surprisingly powerful yet gentle to skin. It is specially formulated to effectively cleanse, remove even waterproof/longwear makeup, and refresh. Like a magnet, micelles capture and lift away dirt, oil and makeup without harsh rubbing, leaving skin perfectly clean and refreshed without over-drying.

Results:

Skin is left perfectly cleansed and refreshed without a greasy residue left behind.

Ingredients: Aqua/water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Dipotassium Phosphate, Disodium Edta, Decyl Glucoside, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide

Usage:
Shake Well

TO REMOVE EYE MAKEUP:
Hold pad over closed eyes for a few seconds, then gently wipe without harsh rubbing.

TO CLEAN SKIN & REMOVE FACE MAKEUP:
Gently wipe all over until skin is completely clean from makeup and impurities. Use daily, AM/PM. No need to rinse.

• What is your most favorite makeup remover? This is my fav...10 Answers
  • Is it worth the hype? How does it compare to just a make...24 Answers
  • What's the difference between this one and the pink bottle?7 Answers
Jena B.
I've been looking for a product that helps take my eye make up off (with falsies) without hurting my skin around my eyes. Lately, (no idea why) my eye skin has become very sensitive. To the point when I would use make up wipes, my skin around my eyes would burn! Like they were on fire 🔥🔥 no idea why. I had been using Neutrogena® Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes I had been using then for 8+ years, but lately I've had to find something else to take my eye make off. It got to the point my skin around my eyes got red, inflamed, and started to peel...

So, I had to find something more gentle. And I've found it! I use GARNIER® SkinActive™ Micellar Cleansing Water All-in-1 Waterproof and Simple® Micellar Water Cleanser but lately I've been choosing the Garnier over Simple to take my eye make up off.

I saturate a cotton round, hold it on my eye for about 30 seconds to a minute, then I wipe. It breaks down my eyelash glue so my fakes come off so easily without damaging them. And it takes all of my eye make up off with little to no rubbing. Obviously, a little rubbing has to happen to get mascara and eyeliner off (lower lashline) but my eyes no longer get irritated from the rubbing 😁

This stuff doesn't cause eye irritation at all (like if a little get into my eye), no burning like the wipes.

I am so happy I decided to buy this, because it really has changed the way and time of taking my make up off. Full beat use to take me like 10 minutes and 3 wipes. Now it takes me like 3 minutes and a few cotton rounds, and 1 wipe (for my face).

This hasn't made me break out yet. And doesn't leave a horrible residue like some products can. But I still recommend washing your face after to make sure nothing is left on your skin.

I defiantly will be purchasing this again, and it's became a bathroom staple for sure 💕✔
Kim M.
I’m no expert when it comes to micellar waters and I have only previously used the Bioderma Sensibio micellar water which I really enjoyed. Micellar water is basically a water based, oil free (generally) makeup remover. It’s like a bottle of liquid that would normally saturate makeup remover wipes. Micellar water is composed mainly of water + surfactants - the surfactants reduce the surface tension between your makeup and skin and lifts the makeup (+ sweat and sebum) away. Now, I have a bone to pick with Garnier for advertising their micellar waters as “no rinse”! You don’t want to leave surfactants on your skin because they are irritating and drying. Do you really want to leave a soapy film on your face? Eye doctors are also seeing a rise in patients having eye problems related to micellar waters. When I got lasik I was told to stop using all micellar waters for at least 6 months, but ideally forever, and if I had to use them that I must always wash my face and eyes with a gentle cleanser immediately after. The last issue I have with this product is that it is in the SkinActive line which Garnier says has "gentle formulas and naturally-derived ingredients” but includes cyclopentasiloxane as the second ingredient. Now, I personally avoid all silicones because they break me out, but my point here is that this silicone is bioaccumulative posing health hazards to humans, animals, and the environment - seems pretty counterintuitive to include this ingredient in your natural, ingredient conscious line. It also includes polyaminopropyl biguanide, which is a preservative and anti-microbial that has been banned/restricted in some countries, (eg. EU + Japan), because of some evidence showing it to be carcinogenic, mutagenic, and allergenic. Apart from ingredients, this product is actually pretty effective at removing *waterproof* formulas. I typically use washable mascaras and it wasn’t great at taking those off, but when I needed something to get the bulletproof Etude House Curl Fix mascara off this was by far the most effective remover I had on hand. I originally used one of my microfiber cloths to remove washable mascara, but for some reason it stained the cloth and cannot be washed off. For this reason I prefer to use a cotton pad, but this is too wasteful for me - I started using micellar waters + microfiber cloth instead of makeup remover wipes to be less wasteful and save money. I give this product 4/5 stars for how it performs, but have to dock a star for falsely advertising this as “no rinse” and including a synthetic, environmentally damaging ingredient in a “natural” formula. Overall, it gets 3/5 stars and I would recommend Bioderma’s Sensibio pink cap micellar water + microfiber cloths over this, but please still wash your face or at least rinse after! I was sent this product by Influenster for free in exchange for a review.
Callie G.
If I could give this zero stars I would no doubt. I was so excited to try this micellar water to help cleanse my face at the end of the day so I could try to get more makeup and dirt off my skin since there is still some left behind after washing my face very well. But as soon as I started using this, within just a couple of days my face started breaking out in some of the most painful and huge cystic acne I have ever had in my life. I do have somewhat more sensitive skin, but I have never had a painful breakout like this before, especially not from a skincare product. I had giant extremely tender zits across my forehead and on my chin. I continued to use the micellar water for another week because I didn't realize why I was breaking out at first, and the zits never got any smaller or less inflamed or painful. When I finally realized that this was what was causing my horrible breakout, I stopped using it altogether, and it took my face another couple of weeks to recover. I haven't had a breakout anywhere near this magnitude since I threw this product away. I couldn't be paid enough to use this product on my face again. The only slight positive I can see for this product is that it did clean excess makeup and dirt off my face, but that's not worth the trade for the acne. I definitely do not recommend this product if your skin is the least bit sensitive to products.
Holly D.
Dickson City, PA
Let me start off by saying I’m a huge fan of micellar water in general, and have tried about 4 brands before receiving this one complementary through Influenster. Micellar water in general is a must for me because it is SO easy (no water/washing required, makeup comes off almost like its magic). But some are surely better than others in my experience. I have to say, for a drug store brand, this one is absolutely amazing! It doesn’t leave any residue like some have in the past, and doesn’t dry out my skin (another potential issue with some other micellar waters I’ve tried). Plus, the price point is great! The waterproof makeup remover is such an amazing selling point as well - I absolutely hate waterproof mascara because it’s impossible for me to get off without pulling some eyelashes out. However, the oil in this product makes it easy to remove! Just shake well before applying. Plus it doesn’t make me feel oily/greasy after use. I highly recommend this micellar water - it’s seriously the perfect product!
Melissa S.
I was sent the trial size of GARNIER® SkinActive™ Micellar Cleansing Water All-in-1 Waterproof to review the product. I had already purchased the one for sensitive skin (the larger bottle next to the blue-capped bottle) and find that to be more gentle. The blue-capped one meant to remove waterproof makeup is certainly very effective at removing stubborn makeup. But, I found that it left my skin feeling a bit tight. I am glad that I bought the pink-capped one for sensitive skin because it does a really good job at removing the makeup I wear; that includes liquid foundation, liquid lipstick, and mascara which isn't waterproof. I think if you often wear waterproof makeup, the original Garnier SKINACTIVE Micellar Cleansing Water All-in-1 Makeup Remover & Cleanser is a good choice. However, if you don't wear waterproof makeup and/or you have sensitive skin, I suggest trying the one with the pink cap.

#sample #complimentary @influenster
Angelimar L.
Jacksonville, NC
Purchased at: Walmart
The GARNIER® SkinActive™ Micellar Cleansing Water All-in-1 Waterproof works wonders. It definitely removes waterproof makeup. Doesn’t take it all in one swipe but it gets the job done eventually! For mascara it’s best if you hold your cotton pad or cotton ball on your eyelashes for a good min. for it to break it down and get most of it off in that one swipe. If you don’t let it sit, it’ll just be harder, take longer, and tug at your lashes. Also I feel like if you use this to remove your makeup then wash your face then I would say this on its own removed %90 to %95 of your makeup so I like to use the Garnier SkinActive Micellar Foaming Cleanser after to get rid of any remaining makeup on my face. They’re the perfect duo!
🌻Claire E.
Houston
Purchased at: Amazon
I have to start by saying I almost never give a product 5 stars. Even my favs have room for improvement. That tells you how completely in love with the Garnier Micellar water I am.

I have very sensitive skin, my face in particular is always red and has loads of dry patches with an oily almost T zone, mostly around my nose. With that in mind, I have a hard time finding a cleanser that doesn't irritate my dry areas but also feels like it's really cleaning my oily spots. I am also habitually lazy and don't wash my face with my Eucerin redness relief (my go to for a deep clean right now) unless I'm in the shower and can easily rinse it off. Terrible I know, but I just hate trying to rinse off a cleanser at the sink only to realize I missed some when my skin freaks out or get it in my hair or something.

Enter this stuff. I actually bought it purely as a make up remover at first. I don't wear makeup often due to my skin, but sometimes you just don't want to deal with being asked if you stayed out in the sun too long 20 times a day when you know you've been inside for a week, lol. Anyway, I needed something gentle to take off my make up and try as I might, I could not find a make up cloth that didn't leave my skin burning after removal. The day I got this, I did a little test swatch on my cheek and forehead, which are my worst areas of dryness. I was not only pleasantly surprised that it didn't burn my skin, I was amazed at how soft it left it feeling. I also noticed how much dirt and grim it picked up off my basically clean, completely make up free face.

I did get the waterproof makeup formula but I can't really say how well it removes things like waterproof mascara as I don't wear it. It does a decent job on my eye liner which is somewhat waterproof, though I do have to rub which it acts like you don't have to do on the bottle. That said, I don't have to rub hard and I love how gentle it is around the eyes, no worries about getting it right in the corners or removing waterline eyeliner. I will say it takes a while, and a lot of cotton balls (still trying to find the best cloth/cotton pad to use with it) to get a full face of makeup off, and a bit of time, but these are things I'll happily trade for how good my skin feels afterwards, rather then the burning I get with wipes containing alcohol. I've ordered some organic baby washcloths that I'm going to try so I don't have to throw away so many disposable pads when removing a full face of makeup.

I now use this not only for make up, but for a daily cleanser or just whenever I need a freshen up. It almost soothes my dry skin but actually removes the excess oil from my nose. I love it so much, I can't imagine not having it on hand. In fact I'm already looking at getting more as I've gone through about half my bottle (had it about 2 months or so now). That in and of itself says a lot about how good this is. I have a cabinet full of cleansers and creams that I've tried, all with a tiny bit gone and then left to rot thanks to the way they made my skin burn. The fact that this is half empty is a testament to how much I use it.
Kat B.
Chatham, NJ
I honestly avoided Micellar water of any kind for such a long time because I couldn't imagine it not being oily or having any alcohol in it. Finally after a couple years of seeing my favorite Youtubers using either Garnier or Simple's Micellar, I decided to give the former a try. I tell you, I. Was. SHOOK. This stuff is a godsend.

I bought it in August and since I don't really wear makeup in the summer, my first uses for it were to cleanse my skin in the mornings. Normally, I only rinse my face in the morning (I shower and use my foreo at night) because I cannot for the life of me wash my face over the sink without creating a flash flood. It doesn't matter how big the sink is, I cannot use cleansers that need to be splashed off my face repeatedly. Also, since I've read that it's good to leave the oils from the night before on your skin, I've had a tendency to just rinse and let those oils stay.

However, there are some days when I either wake up so oily that a rinse doesn't work, or I feel oily in the middle of the day and need to wipe my face off. I'm a fan of makeup wipes when I'm actually wearing makeup, but I've never really liked using them to cleanse my face. So I thought I would try Garnier Micellar Water. This stuff is AMAZING!

I use a cotton pad to wipe my face, especially my T zone until I feel like I've wiped all the dirt off. And I swear, the cotton pad genuinely looks like it's taken dirt of my face! Now, while it says there's no need to rinse, I do find that the Blue bottled formula leaves me the tiniest bit oily, so I still like to rinse my face with regular water afterwards. And the combo of Micellar and a rinse afterwards is perfect! Clean skin without the flash flood around my sink and bathroom floor!
Michelle L.
This micellar water is super effective at taking off all my makeup. The bottle is a generous size for the price and I've already finished two bottles so far! Whether my makeup is water proof or not, it comes off with this with minimal effort. I took off a star because I've noticed that it leaves a slight oily film on my skin (but I'm not sure if it's because of how I shake or not). I don't mind it so much because I just go ahead and wash my face after anyways. I've noticed that my skin is so much better than before I started using this. I used to just use a makeup wipe, but this was a real game changer for me. I've noticed less break-outs and I'll sometimes even use this when I'm not wearing makeup just as an extra cleanse. If you don't mind the slight oily film it leaves behind, I think this is a really good option for you!
Bre R.
Stoneboro, PA
Ugh, so I’m really in the middle with this product. I like it, but it’s kind of weird to me. I heard a ton of great things about both the garnier skinactive product
s, so was really excited when I bought it! It was 7$, not bad, the bottle is huge, definitely going to last me awhile. For some reason I didn’t notice the oils in it until I brought it home, which throws me off and is the whole reason I sort of don’t like the product. It’s basically 3/4 water 1/4 oils, so it always separates and you have to shake it up before every use. I don’t know why the oils bother me as much as they do, it’s just not what I was expecting when I purchased a cleansing water, especially when right on the front label it says “no oils”. Clearly they are full of shit. It does work good, gentle on the skin and removes makeup, the smell is odd, it’s like a musty smell, like an old musty campsite that needs cleaned. Hahaha. All in all the product isn’t terrible but I’m not really thrilled with it and probably won’t ever purchase it again. I’d still like to try the other skinactive products, but not loving this!
Sumaira N.
Is it worth the hype? How does it compare to just a makeup wipe
May W.
San Francisco, CA
Would I need to still wash my face after using this to remove all my makeup?
Diana R.
Easton, PA
How does this fair with acne prone skin? Will the oils cause my skin to overproduce natural oils and cause more acne?
Jennifer B.
Oromocto, NB
I'm trying to find a better toner. I found this on amazon with good reviews and theres also a lot more than most bottles. Does anyone recommend this? Or any other kind? Thanks!
Tiffani M.
Has anyone tried this product? If so how do you like it? Thank you for your time.