BY GARNIER #8 in Facial Cleansers

Powerful cleansing that's gentle to skin.

No sulfates, no alcohol, no fragrance, no parabens, no oil, no soap

This extra-gentle cleanser effectively removes face makeup, impurities and excess oil all while caring for your skin. Rich in glycerin, our sulfate-free foaming lotion softens as it cleanses, so your face is left feeling fresh and clean, never tight or dry.

How to Use:

Wet face and gently massage cleanser into skin. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry. Gentle enough for use AM and PM.

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Coco-betaine, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Peg-100 Stearate, Ppg-5-ceteth-20, Glyceryl Stearate, Coconut Acid, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Peg-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate, Propylene Glycol, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Salicylic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydrogenated Coconut Acid, Polyquaternium-53, Coco-glucoside, Disodium Edta, Sodium Isethionate, Peg-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Trideceth-6, Benzoic Acid, Citric Acid, Bht.

• Can anyone tell me the pH of this cleanser? I want to try it but ...1 Answers
  • Have you already received the VoxBox?1 Answers
  • Does the product work well for combination skin, oily/dry?2 Answers
Sabreah S.
Wilmington, CA
If I could've given this NO stars I would've! I don't know what exactly went wrong but with 2 days of using this cleanser, and once each day I broke out like crazy! Not even just broke out but my skin had a horrible reaction to this. Mind you I AM A MAKE UP ARTIST! I use different products on my face ALL THE TIME! It has been 6 days since using this cleanser and my face is still fucked! At first it was little white puss bumps and now they're just red and my skin peeling like crazy. My nose is super flaky and I can't dare try to peel one because the skin is raw! There is so more but I'll just leave this here! Mind you I have GREAT skin and even do a review with different products called SkinCare Sunday on my social media. But this right here smh smh smh !!!! Pictures do it no justice to how severe this is!
Kayleigh W.
Silver spring, MD
I received this product complimentary as part of an influenster VoxBox. Good thing I did because I probably would’ve never tried it otherwise. I probably have the most sensitive skin known to man. Everything dries me out, breaks me out. Or irritates me. This has done none of those things. It’s not really going to give a pore-deep clean but it’s a dream at removing makeup- even heavy eye makeup! For Halloween, I did an all black eyeshadow look which required a cream black base and like 5 coats of mascara. This got it all off without irritating and drying out the area around my eyes. I think I’m going to be replacing my CeraVe skin cleanser with this because it’s actually less irritating and I feel like it’s more gentle. I love that it has no parabens, unlike other cleansers marketed for sensitive skin! Finally, I like that this foams and is gentle at the same time. That’s hard to find and most sensitive skin cleansers don’t foam. I don’t feel like I’m getting clean without a foam. I really like this cleanser and will probably repurchase. #complimentary #contest #garniesulfatefree #skincare #sensitiveskin #skincareroutine Garnier Skinactive The Gentle Sulfate Free Cleanser
Jessica R.
South Burlington, VT
I purchased this to try out after my other face wash ran out wanting to try other washes. I purchased this at my local CVS pharmacy. It was decent priced for the amount you get and the pump makes it very handy to use. The first night i tried it to remove my make up and cleanse my skin and i was a little disappointed. It kind of burned and dried out my skin and so i added my moisturizer and it made it worse. I felt like maybe it may of been how i used the product so i decided to give it another shot and use it in the shower like i normally wash my face and it worked much better. I didnt have any burning and my skin felt very soft after. I love this cleanser now. So happy i bought it.
Vanna V.
i haven’t used the product much to wash my face but when i do i like it! no complaints there. but recently i’ve actually been using it to clean my make up brushes and sponges and it’s great! it’s gentle on the bristles, doesn’t leave an overpowering smell, and it gets my brushes clean so easily and fast. i’m still looking around for good brush cleansers but i’m glad i decided to give this a try, maybe i’ll stop looking for a while and stick to this since it seems to do the job!
Hanna H.
St Augustine, FL
Sooo real-talk for a minute. This facial cleanser is the bomb! I usually have to change up my facial cleanser every few months because the old one stops working for some reason. So this baby (which came complimentary in my #sparklevoxbox courtesy of Influenster) arrived at the perfect time. I have combination-dry skin so I’m very conscientious about using gentle, non-drying products on my face. I had a few blemishes on my chin before I started using this product and I’ve now been using this cleanser for about 5 days and can honestly say that it dried those suckers right up without drying out the rest of my face too. Ive been using the cleanser in combination with my Clarisonic MIA 2 and I really like how clean this cleanser makes my face feel. It doesn’t make my face feel tight, itchy, or stripped after use and it has no fragrance - it just kind of smells clean. I also love that it is sulfate-free! The consistency is somewhere between a cream and a gel in my opinion. All around a great cleanser if your looking to change up your face wash routine! This product retails for about $12 so it won’t break the bank either!
Michelle G.
I received this facial cleanser in my Sparkle VoxBox. I was very excited to receive this massive bottle for free because I certainly do love skincare. As someone who uses Cetaphil daily, I decided to start strictly using this cleanser to see how I liked it. This is a cleanser that is absolutely Garnier’s answer to Cetaphil and CeraVe. There is something about the scent of this product that is peculiar but not in a bad way — it has a very unique clean scent, I can’t think of anything comparable. It has that milkiness in texture and appearance like Cetaphil. The difference between Garnier and Cetaphil or CeraVe is that I actually get a very nice lather with this cleanser. The others kind of remain quite gel-like for me while washing my face. The Garnier cleanser really has a soft lather that leaves me face feeling clean and fresh. I couple this with some Thayer’s Rose Witch Hazel after I’ve washed my face and I’ve really liked how my skin has looked.
Maria T.
Orlando, FL
I received this product in my Sparkle VoxBox and I have been using as a daily cleanser. I would recommend this product to skin types not prone to acne. I usually break out easily from my natural oils and this product did not really help me with breaking out. However, it makes your skin feel smooth and cleansed after every wash. Personally, I like cleansers that feel fresh on the skin and this product does not do that for me. This product is great for dry skins.  Garnier Skinactive The Gentle Sulfate Free Cleanser
Jennifer S.
I have been using this cleanser for a few weeks now, just to get a feel of how it does with my skin. And I like it, I like how it is gentle, sulfate and paraben free. It doesn’t have oil in it, it’s for all skin types. It has a lot of benefits to its use, my face doesn’t feel like it’s been stripped from its natural oil off my face. And after using it, my face doesn’t feel or look oily. I do recommend using a moisturizer after using this product. I would recommend to follow up with the garnier moisture bomb.
Ashley A.
Potomac, MD
I received this product as a free sample from voxbox. Let me just say that after YEARS of torturing my face with the junk that is proactive it is nice to finally have a clean and healthy skin cleanser. After years of using the worst of the worst, my face was actually starting to be bleached because of the excessive amounts of benzyl peroxide and alcohol. I absolutely do love this cleanser. I have only been using natural and organic cleansers since getting off the proactive regime (and surprise surprise, proactive actually makes your acne worse) and my skin has only continued to progress and become naturally radiant. I am so glad that garnier finally hoped on the sulfate-free/alcohol free cleansing game. I have always loved their products and was so happy that I was able to use this product as a free sample. It has become a staple in my morning skin routine and will continue to be. My face has even become softer since starting over a week ago. 4/5 stars for me because the smell is a bit odd?? LOVE IT.
Alissa S.
Attalla , AL
I received this product complimentary from Influenster and it was my favorite product in my VoxBox!! First of all you get a ton or product. The bottle is HUGE. It is so gentle on the skin I think anyone with sensitive skin would thoroughly enjoy using this. It also takes off my makeup so easily! I like using cleansers that take off makeup and cleanse the skin at the same time. My skin has been so clear since I’ve been using this. Definitely will go out and buy this product once I’m out of it!
Esmeralda M.
Indio, CA
This question is for those with sensitive skin! What kind of lotion or cream do you use? My skin is super sensitive and whatever I use seems to always sting/burn 😩 I recently received the Garnier gentle sulfate-free cleanse in my #VoxBox and i love it. My face doesn't burn when I use, but I need a lotion or cream to keep my face soft. Please help!
Cathy A.
Delaware City
Does the product work well for combination skin, oily/dry?
Steffany C.
Charlotte, NC
Have you already received the VoxBox?
Samantha R.
Washington, DC
Can anyone tell me the pH of this cleanser? I want to try it but can’t find this information anywhere!
Cathy A.
Delaware City
Garnier Skinactive The Gentle Sulfate Free Cleanser Does this work well on combination skin (oily/dry)?