BY GARNIER #45 in Facial Moisturizers

Locks-in moisture for 24 hours. Blocks-out dryness. Oil-free.

Is it right for me?

Over time, an active lifestyle and environmental factors can damage skin’s natural protective barrier, causing it to lose moisture faster than ever. Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream is right for you if you want long-lasting hydration.

Results:

Instantly: skin looks and feels supple, smooth. Stays hydrated for 24 hours.

In 1 hour: skin's moisture barrier prevents dryness.

With Regular Use: continuously moisturized, skin is hydrated and looks healthier.

How to use:

Gently apply Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream every morning and night to face. This lightweight, oil-free formula instantly penetrates.

How do I use Moisture Rescue products together?

Healthy looking skin starts with proper cleansing. After cleansing with Moisture Rescue Fresh Cleansing Foam, use Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream over face twice daily. Can also be used with Moisture Rescue Lightweight UV-Lotion SPF 15 to help protect skin against UV damage.

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Vitis Vinfera Extract/Grapefruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium Edta, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Menthoxypropanediol, Magnesium Gluconate, Sodium Citrate, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Calcium Gluconate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Ci 19140/Yellow 5, Ci 42090/Blue 1, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol

• How highly do y'all recommend this product ? Would love t...3 Answers
  • Is this a good drugstore moisturizer? If not, any recomm...3 Answers
  • Is there a big difference between this moisturizer or the...3 Answers
  • "Super refreshing and more moisturizing than I expected!" in 74 reviews
  • "I absolutely love this product. It hydrates my skin, which gets dry around the forehead and eyes. It doesn't irritate my skin around my eyes. It smells great and has really helped keep my dry skin at bay." in 73 reviews
  • "I have sensitive skin and this works well for me, doesn't make me break out. Doesn't have a greasy feel, very light and blends in quickly. I also used this on my sunburn recently. It helped it heal and I didn't peel much at all. " in 30 reviews
  • "But thankfully you quickly learn that a little goes a long way and considering the consistency of a gel, it is very refreshing and cooling to the skin." in 6 reviews
  • "Doesn't have a greasy feel, very light and blends in quickly." in 6 reviews
Lauren W.
Indiana, PA
I have combination skin and a fear of feeling sticky/greasy, so with that being said, finding a good moisturizer is always a challenge for me. Before finding this product, I would often go without - which lead to poor makeup application and sad skin. A couple of months ago, before this cold PA winter really set in, I was asking around about good moisturizers for somebody with my skin type. A friend suggested Garnier Moisture Rescue.

Now, I'll admit, I was a bit skeptical at first. I didn't really have past experience with Garnier skin products so I didn't know how reliable the product could be. It's a little over $6 at Walmart so I figured I'd give it a shot. Boy am I glad that I did! This gel cream goes on so smoothly and absorbs so quickly that you don't even really feel like you've just applied a moisturizer. That is, until you've used it a few times and your skin is so soft and glowy that you can't even believe it! I use it at night and in the morning before I apply makeup and I can honestly say that it has saved my skin this winter without making me regret using it. I don't think I could ever replace this moisturizer in my routine - it's an absolute MUST-HAVE. Bravo, Garnier!  Garnier SkinActive Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel Cream
Natalie D.
Seattle
Bought it on a whim and absolutely love it. It's a decent dupe of Clinique Moisture Surge. The longevity of the hydration isn't *quite* on par with Clinique, but for $6~7, imo, this is a great alternative for those on a budget.
I have sensitive combination/dry skin. When you have that kind of skin you're of course told to use creams, but most that I've tried leave me feeling sticky or greasy afterwards; they never absorb as well as I think they should, no matter how much I try to work them in. I read online that gels might be an alternative for those who don't care for creams, and picked this up at Walgreens. NO MORE STICKY SKIN! My skin drinks this up and absorbs it readily - no grease, no tacky feeling, just soft, moisturized skin. It's lightweight enough to use daily (I sometimes use it twice daily.)
My only complaint or warning is that the jar is small. Seriously - this is a teeny little thing compared to most drugstore moisturizers in this price range. *But*, a little goes a long ways here. One jar will last me about two months, which imo is a very fair price. I would hands-down recommend this for anyone looking for a lightweight but effective moisturizer.
Mara A.
Casselberry, FL
This is one of my favorite drugstore moisturizers! I stopped using drugstore skincare because the options did not help to address my very oily skin. This gel cream is more of a gel than a cream and is the most refreshing moisturizer ever. It quickly absorbs in to the skin and its amazing for prepping the skin before makeup. It literally feels like your skin is taking a drink. Over about 1 month my skin was so much softer and finally getting better with oil. I've been using it now for about 6 months and my skin is more normal than it is oily.
Evelyn P.
Hudson, MA
This has become my go to moisturizer! I have combination skin, so I don't tend to need an overly strong moisturizer. I've found that products that are too thick just leave me feeling greasy. Gel products, however, work great. I've tried a couple, but this one has become my favorite. I especially love it because it has vitamin C, which I've noticed helps reduce my redness. It has a lovely citrusy scent to it and a very cooling feeling. Awesome moisturizer for combination skin!
Brandee M.
Rochester, NY
Neutrogena makes amazing moisturizers in my opinion. I am on my second jar of this moisturizer and I think I will continue to use it. This moisturizer doesn’t clog my pores and the gel-cream formula is perfect for my combo skin. My skin loves this moisturizer, it soaks it right up. I love applying before makeup, after cleansing and right before bed. Also this one is pretty inexpensive and everyone loves a great product for an awesome price!
Heather An D.
Cookeville
Probably one of my absolute favorite products. I use this every single day I have very dry skin on my face and ive been using this for about a month and it gives my face new life everytime I put it on !! It feels like alo on your face and it rubs in very well the only thing that I can say dont 100% love is that if you skip a day you totally notice I feel like my skin is alot dryer of I have used it for a few days then stop
Samantha K.
Foley, MN
I was skeptical at first, a gel moisturizer seems odd to me, but I was blown away! It doesn't take a lot to pack a powerful punch! When I start with a new product, I always start with applying just a little bit, then add a little more until I feel that my face is covered, and I was incredibly shocked at how little it took! Unlike the cream moisturizers I have been using, this spreads really well, and it seems that the heat from my skin/finger tips loosens up the gel to help it apply more evenly.  I live in the Midwest and the winters wreck havoc on my skin, to the point where I was applying lotion in the office multiple times while running errands. I recently bought this product on a whim and I LOVE IT! It smells clean, is incredibly light weight and my face has NEVER looked so moisturized!
Breanna H.
SO GOOD!! I’m really surprised I don’t hear about this more often! I think this is 99% dupe for Clinique’s Moisture Surge! I would say the Clinique one is a tiny bit creamier - but $7.99 compared to $30 + how can you beat that?? I love using this in morning before applying makeup. It’s hydrating, refreshing, and is a great base for primer and foundation. Does not make me greasy or oily at all! I actually prefer this to the popular Belief Aqua Bomb! This one feels way more hydrating. I got mine in the Normal/Combo version, and next I would love to try the Dry version. I will definitely be repurchasing this!!
Ashton D.
Lithia, FL
This moisturizer smells great & isn’t greasy at all it goes on like a gel and In fact feels very refreshing ! It definitely met my expectations as someone with an oily skin type. It absorbs quickly and leaves the skin looking glowing. The only downside I’ve seen is that alcohol is a major ingredient in this gel & I’m not sure how good that is for your face.
Jenny L.
Hamilton
I have combination skin. I learned that most people who have this skin type tend to better moisturize their skin with a gel versus a moisturizing cream. What a difference this made for my skin. It's not nearly as oily during the day. It feels great. And it's inexpensive. I'll never go back to traditional moisturizing creams!
Hannah A.
Which is better, this gel or Clinique Moisture Surge?
Paola G.
Laredo, TX
I've been looking for this cream. I was wondering if these moisturizer is good for oily/ acne prone skin. I want that refreshing feeling on my skin. Also if there's any benefits to using this moisturizer like anti aging. Fights wrinkles and doesn't clog pores.
Amanda Z.
Grand Rapids, MI
Does anyone else have a burning sensation when you put this on your face? It doesn't seem to be breaking me out, but it burns! Ouch!
Does it leave a sticky feeling afterwards?
anastacia m.
I have extremely dry skin and I kind of want to try this but it's sort of out of my budget. I want to make sure that it works on dry skin before I go out of my way to buy it. does anyone with really dry skin have any info on this?