BY GARNIER #1 in Micellar Water

• How does micellar water differ from any other cleanser?6 Answers
  • Heard a lot and want to try and review!1 Answers
Christa B.
Fort Wayne, IN
I love this stuff. It removes everything and doesn't leave a film on my face. It is very gentle and doesn't have a smell or a burn to it ever. It feels just like water, minus the dry feeling I would get if I smeared water all over my face. I recommend to everyone. A friend with skin not prone to breakouts claims that this caused her to break out with cystic acne but I have not had any problems. The normal version of this removes my waterproof makeup with ease so I have not found a need to switch to the waterproof removing formula. Great value, lasts forever, and very effective. A necessity for me! Use this with inexpensive organic facial cotton instead of wipes.
Rachel O.
I absolutely love this makeup remover. It removes quite well and unlike other removers I’ve used in the past, it doesn’t leave any oil on my skin. It truly is like water!
Cari M.
This Micellar water keeps my skin super clean every day. I always use a cleansing cloth or cleanser to remove my makeup but you would be surprised at the makeup and dirt of the day still left behind after cleansing your skin! I then, take a cotton round and apply some of the micellar water to it. With one swipe I find quite a lot of lingering makeup on my face. I use two cotton rounds if my makeup is heavy that day. I haven't come across anything that removes my makeup better than this product! I can instantly notice a huge difference when I don't follow behind with my Garnier Micellar Water. I find that you can purchase it in most drugs stores. I buy mine at Wal-Mart. I highly recommend this product and have introduced all of my friends and family to it!
Rachel W.
Westwood, NJ
UPDATE: I am allergic to this. After continued use it made my eyes extremely irritated and they swelled and became inflamed, red and itchy! Switching back to my avocado oil and damp Kleenex hand wipe
Heather H.
Wyomissing, PA
I absolutely LOVE the way this product works at removing makeup, including stubborn mascara and eyeliner. It makes my skin feel clean & fresh and ready for the next steps in my skincare routine, without ever feeling tight or parched. It also does a great job a simply freshening up while my husband and I are on the go. I have a cute little 3.4oz bottle that I plan on taking with us on long motorcycle rides when it's hot this summer - we will just freshen up, reapply sunscreen and back on the road we'll go!! Hopefully, he'll comply with my plan lol. See, he's never been into "skincare" - not even a little bit. I can barely get him to do more than just brush his teeth before bed and maybe, just maybe splash some water on his face. But that's it. However, now I've convinced him to use the Garnier Micellar Water to cleanse his face (I get it all ready for him, not that it's difficult, I'm just trying to get the man with the largest pores ever and years of relentless sun damage to do a little something for his skin because because I know that he cares about how he looks. So, yes, I pretty much "spoonfeed" his teeny tiny skincare regime to him, but whatever works AND I DONT MIND!!

Anyway.... HOWEVER - and this is a HUGE HOWEVER - I recently found out that this product, the one that I love and tell ALL OF MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY about, contains an ingredient that is detrimental to the skin if it is not washed off!! Now, how in the world is that supposed to be convenient?? I thought this whole micellar water and cotton pads on the bedside table was the best thing ever for us tired folks who fall into bed after a long day of work, school, kids, family, or whatever and it was supposed to rid us of the guilt of not removing our makeup or cleansing away the days dirt, free radicals and pollutants that have made themselves comfy and cozy living on our faces before sleep..?? Imagine my distraught mind as I thought about just how many mornings and nights that I used this micellar water to clean and freshen up my skin before applying other products, only to find out that I should have been washing my face a second time after using this!! Seriously?? That's just horrible and misleading marketing!! Here is what anyone and everyone NEEDS TO KNOW if you're using any leave-on type skincare product or micellar water cleanser with the ingredient "disodium cocoamphodiacetate" in it: "One concern, because this product contains the cleansing agent disodium cocoamphodiacetate, leaving it on the skin is NOT a good idea. Cleansing agents break down makeup and oil AND SKIN AS WELL. We recommend washing it off with a gentle water soluble cleanser and following up with your other skincare products." The previous quote was taken from www.beautypedia.com and their review of this exact same product. I'd like to mention that I've been referring to Beautypedia.com for many years, ever since it became a website. Prior to the site it was a very large paperback book written by Paula Begoun, along with a real of of volunteers for testing purposes, scientists, pharmaceutical climatologists (I think, I don't have it right in front of me), dermatologists, bio-chemist type people, etc.... Paula also started her own makeup line several ago and I did purchss a handful of items, but to be completely honest (which I always am), I only recently came across some really beautiful eyeshadow singles and a matte nude/naked palette that has been taken from the back of the drawer and moved up front. I'm not sure if she still sells makeup, but I love her skincare line. By the way, when you go to her website, you can set up an account with your name, email & a password then you can save your favorite products for when you're in the store so you're not trying to remember which item to try, etc. She even has a picture of the products which helps when you're looking for something that you've not bought before.

Ok, this review of about the Garnier Skin Active Micellar Water. It does an amazing job at reviving all of my makeup, including mascara. It's gentle and there's no tugging at the face or eyes - which I love!! It's very affordable, too@ I believe that my 13.5 ml bottle lasts me at least a month, maybe 45 days òr so. It depends on how much makeup I wear that month. And, the reason I removed a star is because there is no where on the label indicating that the product should be completely washed rinsed from the Skin. Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water All-in-1
Nina C.
Hawthorne, NJ
So I purchased this on my own and I have been using it for a few days. I haven’t used it yet to remove make up, but I use it in the morning when I wake up and after cleansing my face at night. It definitely works to remove make up my face wash missed and it does make your skin feel clean. The only thing I don’t like about it is that on the back of the bottle it says “no need to rinse”, but I feel like it leaves a film behind on my skin and I rinse with cold water anyway. I’ve used other waters/toners that don’t leave a residue behind and I prefer that, but I will continue to use this since I purchased it.
Sandy Y.
I'm on my second bottle of this and I also have the mini travel sized one as well. I really like the watery consistency and that there is no strong scent. It does a good job removing the left over makeup residue after I use a cleansing balm. If you wear a lot of waterproof makeup especially eye makeup then this might not be for you. You won't be able to take it all off with this product alone. I believe they have a similar one that is just made for waterproof makeup. I usually stray away from those types of makeup removers because I don't like the greasy feeling; plus, I don't wear much waterproof makeup.

All in all, I do enjoy this product. It's one of the few makeup removers that I don't feel the need to rinse with water again after using it.
Maddie E.
Lansdale, PA
This is by far the best makeup remover I've ever used. Before getting this I used makeup remover wipes, which appeared to be doing the job. I bought this after hearing all the hype about it and I figured I'd try it (also, it's only $6.99). I used a makeup remover wipe as usual and then went over my face once more with a cotton pad soaked in the micellar water. I couldn't believe it! There was SO much more makeup that I couldn't even see! I'd say it normally takes 2 cotton pads to remove all of my makeup, using both sides of the pad. Sometimes I need 1 more if I'm wearing a waterproof mascara or liquid/gel liner. Between me and my mom, a bottle lasts about a month.
Samantha R.
rochester
I use this to get off all my makeup, I don’t tend to wear a whole lot of makeup on the first place and I get nervous about what to take my makeup off with, but this certainly does the trick every time!!!
Marian P.
EL Paso, TX
I brought this to see what all the hype was about and I was not let down. This really is an amazing makeup remover. It takes off all of my face makeup so quick and easy. I only have to put in more work with some of my eye makeup. It's outrageously gentle on the skin and doesn't irritate my eyes. This leaves my skin feeling clean and refreshed at the end of the day. One of my favorite things about this product is that it doesn't dry out my skin like other makeup remover do on occasion. My favorite was to use it is to take off all the stubborn make up that makeup wipes just don't get or leave behind.
Stacy d.
Levittown, PA
Carmen L.
Is the formula oily or is it more like a water?
Kodi S.
Fredricton
Worth it? Anyone else like? Just bough and still unsure.
Glo M.