BY GARNIER #1 in Micellar Water

• How does micellar water differ from any other cleanser?8 Answers
Media (1903)
Diana W.
Danielson, CT
I first received Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water All-in-1 from my niece who was sent several full-sized bottles as samples from Influenster.  She gave one to me with one of the information cards that came with it.  I am SO glad that she did that!  I LOVE this product.  I don't use it every day, but I use it when I'm running short on time.  I recently had hip replacement surgery and was unable to bathe or shower for about 2 weeks, so this Micellar Cleansing Water was a lifesaver!  I was able to feel fresh and clean because I had it to clean my face.  I was able to sit in my recliner to do it, and didn't have to stand over the sink which was difficult to do at the time.  You wouldn't think it would clean very well, but it really does, and it doesn't over strip the face of necessary oils.  I will always have this in my home and have recommended it to several friends.
Marcella T.
Metairie, LA
This is the first time I've tried the pink micellar water from garnier, I've tried the blue one before but I figured why not try this one. I got the smaller sized one from Ulta and used it to remove my makeup from the day. It removed my eye make pretty easily, I put it on a cotton round and held it over each eye for a few seconds then swiped away the makeup. Removing mascara is always a struggle and this did it very easily! I then began doing my face makeup and it didn't come off as easy but it eventually did. The reason I stopped using the blue micellar water was because of the residue it left on my face and this didn't have that! Will probably be repurchasing after I use this bottle!
Cara W.
Indianapolis, IN
I've been using Beauty 360 (by CVS) mincellar water for a few months. It was GREAT for the healing of my eyebrow microblading but I didn't know how beneficial it would actually end up being for my skin until later. For years, I've been using toxic chemicals and products on my face. Micellar water was a breakthrough - it removed the leftover makeup my face wash missed in the shower, but it was gentle enough to keep my skin from being irritated or clogging my pores.

Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water All-in-1 got their recipe right. It's a step up from the micellar water I was using AND I can view it's "dirtiness" on Think Dirty. Think Dirty is an app that gauges how toxic a product is my assigning it a number (and explanation). I realize that I cannot afford (in time or money) to have each product be rated 0. That's why I look up current products I'm using and when I'm ready to replace them, I try and beat the number. For example, with micellar water, if my prior brand was rated 8 (which it wasn't), then a 4 rating for Garnier's micellar water (which it was) would be a win in my book!

During my Vox Box review I also got the waterproof micellar water ( GARNIER® SkinActive™ Micellar Cleansing Water All-in-1 Waterproof ) but due to the fact that I wasn't using a waterproof version before, I found that it wasn't a true comp to the Beauty 360 version I had been using. Regardless, I'll purchase both products in the future :)
Jennifer S.
Eau Claire, WI
Purchased at: Walgreens
Honesty it felt kind of greesy. I didn't feel that it was as amazing as people were making it out to be. My bottle top actually broke the day I got it, and I had to put it in a water bottle to save it. I write so over the bottle in Sharpie so i wouldn't get it mixed up and end up drinking it. Well, what I hadn't anticipated was me finding it while still 3/4 sleeping with dry mouth! Yuck! It was that greesy feeling I didn't like. The bottle or Google said it is much like drinking soap. Yeah, so... That happened. I threw out the bottle and decided it wasn't worth trying to rescue.
Devin U.
Purchased at: ULTA
I enjoyed this micellar water. I use it as a first step in my nightly skincare routine. It does a pretty decent job at getting of most of my makeup, but I do have to be careful with it around my eyes. If I scrub to much around my eyes it does irritate them and slightly burn. Because of this I do have to use something else on my eye makeup. I should note I have extremely sensitive eyes so almost all makeup removers irritate my eyes. This original one was a thousand times more gentle than the waterproof one, so if you have the same issues with your eyes as I do go for this one.
Chloe c.
Edmond, OK
Purchased at: Walgreens
I love this product soo much! It is so convenient and is so good for sensitive skin. My best friend has really bad sensitive skin and forgot her face wash at home when she stayed over and was extremely nervous to try this. She tried it and she said she loved it so much she went out and bought her one. It doesn’t leave a terrible residue like some makeup wipes do. It’s a holy grail for me.
Lacey L.
Placerville, CA
I use this product everyday. It is amazing how well it removed makeup with very little rubbing or effort, its like your make up is drawn to the micellar water. I use it on a q-tip to remove makeup under my eyes and it is so gentle but effective. I would definitely recommend this to others. There are a lot of expensive brands of make up remover that i have tried but i feel this product works just as well if not better!
Tiyanna H.
This product by Garnier effectively removes makeup. I use it to remove mascara, lipstick, concealer, etc. I purchased this item after buying the Micellar cleansing water for oily skin (green bottle) although both bottles claim to be for sensitive skin, which I have. I can honestly say that it removes makeup thoroughly without having to "scrub" and irritate the skin. These can be found at any local drugstore. I bought mine from CVS for about $8-9. It is 13.5 fluid ounces so the bottle should last at least a few months. I don't wear heavy makeup but what I do wear has been effectively removed with using this cleansing water. I do feel as though my skin is clean after using this. This product did not cause my skin to break out which is a big statement because I have very acne prone, sensitive skin. I highly recommend this product to anyone who wears makeup or anyone who seeks to clean their skin without having to do too much. I also suggest purchasing cotton pads along with the cleansing water.
nicolyn m.
Purchased at: Target
This is my holy grail!! so tried it out as an alternative to makeup wipes to remove makeup, since there is research that makeup wipes are bad for your skin. As a teenager struggling with acne, I was looking for something that was non drying and did not irritate my skin. It’s weird, I know this isn’t advertised as an acne fighting product, but I swear my skin cleared up so much, and the redness went wayyyy down. I now use it every night to start my skincare routine even if i did not wear makeup that day. I put a little on a cotton pad, wipe my face to remove any dirt or excess oil, then i wash my face in the shower. I absolutely love it!!!
Carolyn R.
Purchased at: CVS
MY HOLY GRAIL MAKEUP REMOVER!!!! I LOOOOVE this stuff so much oh my god. By far the BEST micellar water I’ve ever used. I am a teenager and have struggled with MAJOR skin redness, milia, and generally have awful skin texture, and this does not aggravate any of that. It removes all of my makeup—even mascara—without the need for harsh tugging and rubbing at all. My skin loves it so much sometimes I use it in my regular skincare routine, too (when I’m not wearing any makeup).
Stacy d.
Levittown, PA
Carmen L.
Is the formula oily or is it more like a water?
Glo M.
Wichita Falls, TX
Kodi S.
Fredricton
Worth it? Anyone else like? Just bough and still unsure.
Lysianne S.