BY GARNIER #5 in Facial Cleansers

All-in-1 Cleanser & Makeup Remover. Cleanses + removes even waterproof makeup + refreshes. No rinse, no harsh rubbing. For face, lips, and eyes.

This all-in-1 bi-phase cleanser is surprisingly powerful yet gentle to skin. It is specially formulated to effectively cleanse, remove even waterproof/longwear makeup, and refresh. Like a magnet, micelles capture and lift away dirt, oil and makeup without harsh rubbing, leaving skin perfectly clean and refreshed without over-drying.

Results:

Skin is left perfectly cleansed and refreshed without a greasy residue left behind.

• What is your most favorite makeup remover? This is my favorite ma...10 Answers
  • Is it worth the hype? How does it compare to just a makeup wipe 23 Answers
  • What's the difference between this one and the pink bottle?7 Answers
Denise S.
San Diego, CA
While I love my daily skincare ritual, there are times when I'm too exhausted to do my normal cleansing routine. Enter Garnier Skinactive Micellar water. It's my number one lazy girl product in my skincare arsenal.

I prefer this waterproof version specifically for the extra "oomph" it brings in the form of an oily cleanser that takes off even my stubborn waterproof mascara. I just shake the bottle to blend the layers together and dispense onto a cotton pad. Then, I hold the pad over each eye for a few seconds and wipe away the day's makeup. I don't have to tug or pull at my skin to get the makeup off, which is a huge plus. Also, it doesn't burn or sting my eyes like some makeup removers and there's no discernible scent.

Now, it does leave a greasy film that might be bothersome for some users. To combat that, I just use a makeup wipe and the grease is gone. It does make my skin feel clean, but it's not for every day use in my opinion. However, it's a lifesaver for those lazy days when you're just too tired to do a full cleanse but a makeup wipe alone won't cut it.

Rhonda R.
I use this Micellar cleansing water to take off all of my makeup face, eyes and lips. I give it so many stars because for the price being under $10 at any local drugstore, the bottle is huge! I have purchased 2 big bottles in the past 4 months, so this product lasts for quite a while, especially for someone who wears makeup nearly everyday. It doesn't have a noticeable smell to me, and it does a pretty good job of taking off all kinds of makeup. I have noticed some of my makeup, like waterproof mascara, does take a bit more time to rub off. Some higher end makeup removers I have tried melt the makeup right off even the waterproof. But this is a third of the price, so I will not complain about the extra time it takes because this cleansing water is much more affordable. I love that my skin doesn't feel tight or dry after using this, nor does it feel too oily with lots of residue. I would recommend this product to someone who is searching for an all-in-one, affordable makeup remover.
Kayla W.
Madison
I found this product by research online. After reading all the rave reviews I was excited to try it out. The idea was the micells drew out oil and impurities making it a good makeup remover, facial cleanser, and moisturizer all in one. After trying it though, I will not be buying it again in the future. I don't have oily or acne prone skin, and I do moisturize daily with natural products. The first thing I noticed was it actually dried my skin out. The very next day after using it I noticed a flareup. It failed to remove all my makeup, even though I do not wear heavy amounts. Instead of drawing impurities out, it actually drew them into my pores making them more noticeable, and clogged. I have discontinued use and returned to my usual routine. Garnier Skinactive Micellar Cleansing Water All-In-1 Waterproof
Arielle M.
Brighton, MI
I don't know how I ever lived without this. This is a product I've repurchased and will continue to purchase. I use this micellar water to take off my makeup or just cleanse my skin after a long day without makeup. I then use my typical cleanser after. This takes off my makeup so well and even takes off waterproof mascara. On days where I don't wear makeup, I still use this because I can see dirt on the cotton pad! Even when using this every day, it still lasts a long time. It is pretty cheap too..I think I got this from target for around $6. You can find this at any drugstore and they have different versions of it too. Highly recommend.
Kat T.
Fort Wayne, IN
I use this product every single day and I love it! It takes every little bit of makeup off. I am thoroughly impressed with this product especially for it being a drugstore product. It works just as well as a name brand makeup remover. I would recommend this product to anyone who doesn't want to spend an arm and a leg for makeup remover. It can get a little too greasy on the face, but if you have any excess on your face it is very easy to wipe off. I do full face makeup every day and it typically takes 5 cotton rounds to get all my makeup off. This product does an incredible job. It is worth the money.
Virginie L.
Brooklyn, NY
I have been wanting to try this for a long time since people have been saying some good things about it. It took me awhile to finally get my hands on it since I have plenty of make up remover and didn't want to waste what I already have. But I finally got it and I only used it a few times but it has bee all positive!

There was little to no scent to it. It was also very gentle, it got the job done and I didn't have to rub too hard or harshly. It also didn't sting my eyes, I actually kept the cotton pad on my eyes for a bit (closed, of course) and there was no sting or burn.

I give it an A+!
Cassie C.
So let me start by saying this gets so much dirty and makeup off your skin the first try! It really is super effective. The only thing I don't like about this product is the separation of the oils and that stuff because you have to really shake it up before you use it. If you don't, it will leave your skin feeling pretty oily and it makes your skin break out even more. I do recommend this product to the people who want a quick solution to removing their makeup. I even use this on days that I do not wear makeup just to get dirty off of my face. I got this at walmart for a pretty inexpensive price.
Sara W.
Mankato, MN
This is my new favorite face wash/makeup remover. I love that you don't have to rinse it off and it leaves my skin so soft! At first it felt like it was oily and would leave my skin greasy, but my skin absorbs it and there's no leftover residue. I use it in the morning and at night and I can always see all the dirt it takes off my skin. It also takes off waterproof mascara and stubborn matte lippies off with no harsh scrubbing necessary.
Kelli B.
Conway, AR
I absolutely love Garnier's SkinActive Micellar Water! I first started using it a few years ago when a friend in England sent me a bottle. It is a one step make up remover, cleanser, and moisturizer. What more could you ask for?! I love the waterproof formula as I have to wear waterproof mascara because of my allergies. This makes removing waterproof makeup a breeze! I loved the 3 pack of the smaller sizes so I could keep one at home, one in my purse, and one in my gym bag. This is a great makeup remover and moisturizef for anyone as it now comes in three different formulas.
Sunie F.
I've recently added this to my skin care routine and I've got to say, I was really surprised at how much dirt it took off AFTER I used my normal daily cleanser! I've suffered from acne my whole life and this really seems to be helping get in under control. Whether you're looking for a makeup remover, a 2nd cleanser, or even just a simple cleanser to use alone, I would HIGHLY recommend this!
Sumaira N.
Is it worth the hype? How does it compare to just a makeup wipe
May W.
San Francisco, CA
Would I need to still wash my face after using this to remove all my makeup?
Diana R.
Easton, PA
How does this fair with acne prone skin? Will the oils cause my skin to overproduce natural oils and cause more acne?
Jennifer B.
Oromocto, NB
I'm trying to find a better toner. I found this on amazon with good reviews and theres also a lot more than most bottles. Does anyone recommend this? Or any other kind? Thanks!
Tiffani M.
Has anyone tried this product? If so how do you like it? Thank you for your time.