BY GARNIER #6 in Facial Cleansers

All-in-1 Cleanser & Makeup Remover. Cleanses + removes even waterproof makeup + refreshes. No rinse, no harsh rubbing. For face, lips, and eyes.

This all-in-1 bi-phase cleanser is surprisingly powerful yet gentle to skin. It is specially formulated to effectively cleanse, remove even waterproof/longwear makeup, and refresh. Like a magnet, micelles capture and lift away dirt, oil and makeup without harsh rubbing, leaving skin perfectly clean and refreshed without over-drying.

Results:

Skin is left perfectly cleansed and refreshed without a greasy residue left behind.

• What is your most favorite makeup remover? This is my favorite ma...10 Answers
  • Is it worth the hype? How does it compare to just a makeup wipe 23 Answers
  • What's the difference between this one and the pink bottle?7 Answers
Denise S.
San Diego, CA
While I love my daily skincare ritual, there are times when I'm too exhausted to do my normal cleansing routine. Enter Garnier Skinactive Micellar water. It's my number one lazy girl product in my skincare arsenal.

I prefer this waterproof version specifically for the extra "oomph" it brings in the form of an oily cleanser that takes off even my stubborn waterproof mascara. I just shake the bottle to blend the layers together and dispense onto a cotton pad. Then, I hold the pad over each eye for a few seconds and wipe away the day's makeup. I don't have to tug or pull at my skin to get the makeup off, which is a huge plus. Also, it doesn't burn or sting my eyes like some makeup removers and there's no discernible scent.

Now, it does leave a greasy film that might be bothersome for some users. To combat that, I just use a makeup wipe and the grease is gone. It does make my skin feel clean, but it's not for every day use in my opinion. However, it's a lifesaver for those lazy days when you're just too tired to do a full cleanse but a makeup wipe alone won't cut it.

Arielle M.
Brighton, MI
I don't know how I ever lived without this. This is a product I've repurchased and will continue to purchase. I use this micellar water to take off my makeup or just cleanse my skin after a long day without makeup. I then use my typical cleanser after. This takes off my makeup so well and even takes off waterproof mascara. On days where I don't wear makeup, I still use this because I can see dirt on the cotton pad! Even when using this every day, it still lasts a long time. It is pretty cheap too..I think I got this from target for around $6. You can find this at any drugstore and they have different versions of it too. Highly recommend.
Kat T.
Fort Wayne
I use this product every single day and I love it! It takes every little bit of makeup off. I am thoroughly impressed with this product especially for it being a drugstore product. It works just as well as a name brand makeup remover. I would recommend this product to anyone who doesn't want to spend an arm and a leg for makeup remover. It can get a little too greasy on the face, but if you have any excess on your face it is very easy to wipe off. I do full face makeup every day and it typically takes 5 cotton rounds to get all my makeup off. This product does an incredible job. It is worth the money.
Virginie L.
Brooklyn, NY
I have been wanting to try this for a long time since people have been saying some good things about it. It took me awhile to finally get my hands on it since I have plenty of make up remover and didn't want to waste what I already have. But I finally got it and I only used it a few times but it has bee all positive!

There was little to no scent to it. It was also very gentle, it got the job done and I didn't have to rub too hard or harshly. It also didn't sting my eyes, I actually kept the cotton pad on my eyes for a bit (closed, of course) and there was no sting or burn.

I give it an A+!
Cassie C.
So let me start by saying this gets so much dirty and makeup off your skin the first try! It really is super effective. The only thing I don't like about this product is the separation of the oils and that stuff because you have to really shake it up before you use it. If you don't, it will leave your skin feeling pretty oily and it makes your skin break out even more. I do recommend this product to the people who want a quick solution to removing their makeup. I even use this on days that I do not wear makeup just to get dirty off of my face. I got this at walmart for a pretty inexpensive price.
Destinee L.
I’ve been using this consistently for about two weeks now. This is my first dip into using a micellar water product. I have to say that I really love it. It is effective at removing every trace of my makeup, including waterproof mascara. I always follow up with a foaming cleanser, which isn’t necessary, but my skin has never felt or looked better. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a great quality cleanser that is reasonably priced. You get a lot of product for your money.
Amy R.
Indianapolis, IN
This is an excellent makeup remover. It's incredibly gentle but removes even my most stubborn waterproof mascara and liquid lipstick. It has a very mild scent that is almost unnoticeable. It usually takes two cotton rounds saturated to remove my makeup, one for the eyes and one for the rest of my face. I've actually started using this when I get up in the morning to clean my face. I have oily skin and typically in the past when I wash my face in the morning it makes my pores look larger but if I use this instead of my usual face wash I don't encounter this problem. I haven't had any break outs or side effects using this product in this manner. I definitely prefer this as a makeup remover over makeup wipes.
Jenna B.
deltona, FL
Product is overall a great make up remover and just dirt remover in general. For myself who has sensitive/oily skin, it can add to the oiliness. Even if I don't wear makeup, I still clean my face with this and then wash my face. It's super gentle on your face and works quickly. It is not terribly priced for how much you get and my bottle lasted me 3-4 months which was surprising. I'd definitely recommend this product to to others.
Katherine B.
Bronx, NY
Love using this as my first makeup remover. It gets the job done and doesn't leave a lot behind. I do love that it doesn't dry my skin out but am not a fan of occasionally having too much residue left behind on the skin. I use this product before going in with the rest of my routine so it doesn't pose too much of a problem. I could see it posing a problem if I'm on the go. However, I would still recommend this to a friend.
Amber O.
I used to have to but French brand miceller water and cleansers because the US didn’t have many of them. Garner really out did themselves with this one! It cleanses my skin even if I use toilet paper. I would definitely keep buying! It saves me money from always importing lol. My pores sing after using this. I like to add the water to makeup wipes (especially the grapefruit ones) and it cleans the skin really well. A quick rinse off and a nice snail cream and I’m good to go! I’ve recently started using a coconut skin serum to my nightly beauty routine and my skin feels amazing (moreso than usual haha).
I’ll tag the other beauty products I use with it Equate Beauty Pink Grapefruit Oil-Free Cleansing Towelettes, 40 sheetsSheaMoisture 100% Virgin Coconut Oil Daily Hydration Overnight Face OilMizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream
Sumaira N.
Is it worth the hype? How does it compare to just a makeup wipe
May W.
San Francisco, CA
Would I need to still wash my face after using this to remove all my makeup?
Diana R.
Easton, PA
How does this fair with acne prone skin? Will the oils cause my skin to overproduce natural oils and cause more acne?
Jennifer B.
Oromocto, NB
I'm trying to find a better toner. I found this on amazon with good reviews and theres also a lot more than most bottles. Does anyone recommend this? Or any other kind? Thanks!
Tiffani M.
Has anyone tried this product? If so how do you like it? Thank you for your time.