BY GARNIER #1 in Micellar Water

• How does micellar water differ from any other cleanser?6 Answers
  • Has anyone tried this? If so, did it make you break out?4 Answers
Cara W.
Indianapolis, IN
I've been using Beauty 360 (by CVS) mincellar water for a few months. It was GREAT for the healing of my eyebrow microblading but I didn't know how beneficial it would actually end up being for my skin until later. For years, I've been using toxic chemicals and products on my face. Micellar water was a breakthrough - it removed the leftover makeup my face wash missed in the shower, but it was gentle enough to keep my skin from being irritated or clogging my pores.

Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water All-in-1 got their recipe right. It's a step up from the micellar water I was using AND I can view it's "dirtiness" on Think Dirty. Think Dirty is an app that gauges how toxic a product is my assigning it a number (and explanation). I realize that I cannot afford (in time or money) to have each product be rated 0. That's why I look up current products I'm using and when I'm ready to replace them, I try and beat the number. For example, with micellar water, if my prior brand was rated 8 (which it wasn't), then a 4 rating for Garnier's micellar water (which it was) would be a win in my book!

During my Vox Box review I also got the waterproof micellar water ( GARNIER® SkinActive™ Micellar Cleansing Water All-in-1 Waterproof ) but due to the fact that I wasn't using a waterproof version before, I found that it wasn't a true comp to the Beauty 360 version I had been using. Regardless, I'll purchase both products in the future :)
Tiyanna H.
This product by Garnier effectively removes makeup. I use it to remove mascara, lipstick, concealer, etc. I purchased this item after buying the Micellar cleansing water for oily skin (green bottle) although both bottles claim to be for sensitive skin, which I have. I can honestly say that it removes makeup thoroughly without having to "scrub" and irritate the skin. These can be found at any local drugstore. I bought mine from CVS for about $8-9. It is 13.5 fluid ounces so the bottle should last at least a few months. I don't wear heavy makeup but what I do wear has been effectively removed with using this cleansing water. I do feel as though my skin is clean after using this. This product did not cause my skin to break out which is a big statement because I have very acne prone, sensitive skin. I highly recommend this product to anyone who wears makeup or anyone who seeks to clean their skin without having to do too much. I also suggest purchasing cotton pads along with the cleansing water.
Natasha R.
This has become my holy Grail for skin care I had heard about it a lot on social media and on YouTube and I decided I’d would finally get it because every time I use make up remover‘s they usually sting my skin or they burn around my eyes or they make my lips kind of swell I am just really sensitive so I bought this because I heard it was really good as a cleaner to and I often don’t like seeing her having to wash my face with face soap and make a whole mass I just want to something really quick they can freshen up anytime during the day and this one has helped but I noticed that since I started using it my acne which I would say have light to medium at me times cluster acne this has actually made a lot of it go away and I always finish up with their rescueGel cream by their same brand and I’m just notice a huge difference in my skin it smoother it looks clear my pores of gone so much smaller and my redness has gone down a lot I have to say has something to do with this micellar water and they are gel cream because that’s the only thing I changed in my life was my products
Marianne E.
Pinehill
I've been using it for about a week now, it does feel nice and my skin appreciates it...however that comment about removing makeup in one swipe is quite inaccurate. I've experienced the dilemma of using 2 separate pads till they were saturated in makeup after having to continuously scrub my face...only to find that my it cosmetics miracle toner or whatever it's called, cannot be properly applied because there's still makeup on my face. I've found that using 2 garnier skin active clean+ wipes prior to the micellar water hits the figurative nail on the head!!
To be fair, I do use my own mixture of several full coverage super expensive (and way stubborn/long lasting) foundations, followed by tarte amazonian clay powder then the long wear blush and contour followed by milk setting spray...my makeup is intended to last for the whole day and night...its thick and stubborn and I'm sure that's why its difficult to remove in only one swipe... Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water All-in-1
Nikki G.
Mountain Grove, MO
This product is actually really nice. Let’s start off with the basics:

It’s easy to use. ✅
It’s inexpensive. ✅
You can find it literally anywhere. ✅
It doesn’t have harsh chemicals in it— good for sensitive skin. ✅
Doesn’t leave residue or make skin oily. ✅
Takes ALL the makeup off—even eye makeup! ✅
A little bit goes a loooong way. ✅
Leaves skin feeling refreshed and soft✅

The only “con” I would have about this product (although, not really a con) is that you must use the cotton rounds to get best results. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I tried to be cheap and use paper towels & it did NOT work well. 😅

Overall this product is amazing. I really am shocked at how great it is. Drugstore products are really stepping their game up! I have combo skin and it didn’t hurt it at all. I also have rosacea and it didn’t flare that up or anything which was nice! This is better than makeup wipes because you don’t have to use very much and you don’t have to scrub virgorously to get the makeup off! 10/10 would highly recommend to anyone!
Sarah J.
I have oily skin, so all my makeup is waterproof and long wearing. I also often wear a full face, full coverage, so it takes a lot to get it all off at the end of the day! I normally use premoistened makeup remover wipes, which are great but I know don’t get everything, so I decided to try this Micellar Water at the end of my regular removal routine to see how much was left behind. I was shocked at how much dirt came off on a cotton pad from my seemingly clean skin! It took 3 pads to have nothing on them. Which brings me to the only detraction for this product - for someone like me who wears a lot of makeup, it takes a long time and a lot of this Micellar water soaked cotton pads to come clean. I couldn’t replace my regular makeup remover with this, but it is great for a second cleanse.
It made my skin feel so clean, but not overly tight or “squeaky”, and soft and moisturized. My evening routine just got one step longer but I have a feeling my skin will thank me for it!
Hue V.
San Jose, CA
I heard REALLY great things about Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water from Youtubers and friends. A few of them were trusted friends who said they work just as good or on par as the Bioderma one which I LOVE LOVE LOVE! I gave it a try because Bioderma is a little out of the way to purchase (I have to buy it online) as to the Garnier I can go to any place to buy it and its a little bit cheaper or much cheaper when there is a sale.

Here is why I gave it 2 stars...

It just doesn't remove heavy makeup off well, especially my eye makeup as well as my Bioderma. Even if I wore light make up like liquid eyeliner, a little bit of eyeshadow, and mascara, it still doesn't do a great job. I have to let it sit on my eyelids for more than 10-15 seconds to get rid of my eyeshadow, eyeliner, and eyelash glue which takes too long especially when I had a long day, want to wash my face, put my skincare, and go to bed. It also leaves a bit of a sticky feeling to the skin sometimes which makes me want to wash my face immediately.

If you are looking for a micellar cleansing water, check out the Bioderma! But if you can't get your hands on that, this will work but you will definitely have to use a lot and let it soak on your eyelids.
Melissa S.
Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water All-in-1 for all skin types including sensitive does a really good job at removing the makeup I wear; that includes liquid foundation, liquid lipstick, and mascara which isn't waterproof. My skin feels clean after applying this with a cotton pad, even before washing with soap and it doesn't feel tight or irritated. When looking in the store, note that the bottle with the pink cap is best for sensitive skin and/or makeup that isn't waterproof. The blue cap is for waterproof makeup. The bottles themselves could be improved if the words 'sensitive' and 'waterproof' were made much larger. The difference in cap color is very helpful because you can immediately select the one that's right for you. But if you're looking at the writing, your eye won't as quickly spot the differences. A larger font size to differentiate the two versions would be a good idea.
Heather Z.
Everett, PA
I was super pleased with the garnier skin active micellar cleansing water! I used it as a night time cleanser to remove my full face of makeup and it worked wonders, definitely fulfilled my needs and exceeded my expectations. Just like the bottle said there was no harsh rubbing required and it didn’t burn at all like most other makeup removers do. I really like the fact that it cleanses and refreshes as well, didn’t leave my face feeling oily like other remover wipes, etc. have before. It also seems like a little bit goes a long well so the large bottle should last quite some time and being all-in-1 is just the icing on the cake! I will definitely purchase in the future when I run out of my sample and have already recommended to friends and family 😍
Alyssa R.
Boonville , NY
I decided to try the Garnier SkinActive cleansing water after watching YouTubers rave about it. I have really sensitive skin so I was sort of looking for a less harsh makeup remover. This product removes my skin makeup (primer,foundation, concealer, etc) and my eyeshadow amazingly and without effort. The only thing I have any trouble with is my mascara and eyeliner. They have different versions of the product and I think I’m going to try the one for waterproof mascara next. I think it’s the blue one? 🤔 You can get it almost anywhere. I bought mine at dollar general. It’s a little bit pricier than buying makeup wipes. I think I paid 8-9 dollars but it’s worth it in my own opinion. I’m definitely going to keep using it and I recommend that others try it.
Stacy d.
Levittown, PA
Carmen L.
Is the formula oily or is it more like a water?
Kodi S.
Fredricton
Worth it? Anyone else like? Just bough and still unsure.
Glo M.