BY GARNIER

Oily skin has specific cleansing needs. To look and feel its best, it needs the right clean and specific care. Our daily gel cleanser dissolves dirt, excess oil and makeup. The formula infused with charcoal draws out impurities like magnet see more...

• I have oily acne prone skin, how does this work with (or against)...3 Answers
  • Will this dry your face if you use everyday?7 Answers
  • I tend to get oily skin once I'm halfway through a regular work d...2 Answers
Hollie N.
Ashland, KY
I am in love 💗 with #Garnier SkinActive Clean + Shine Control Cleansing Gel for Oily Skin 😍!! It is gentle 🐩 enough to use as a daily cleanser to dissolve yucky 😛 dirt & oil, but the charcoal 🔥 formula is strong 💪 enough to draw out ⤴ any impurities ⚠ deep in your skin 😍!!! Just a small amount lathers 💦 up nicely & the menthol🌱 makes your face feel super clean😊!!! Really works great ✔ to control excess oil 🌋!!! The perfect 💎 facial cleanser for my oily skin 😃!!! Highly recommended!!! 5 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Abigail B.
Denville, NJ
I keep a bottle of Garnier SkinActive Clean+ Shine Control Cleansing Gel in my shower and use it to wash my face every morning. I have combination skin and find the charcoal formula is great for removing excess oil that builds up over the night. I use about 1/2 a pump's worth, massaging it into my face and rinsing with a washcloth. I follow this up with my normal moisturizer and makeup and my face stays relatively shine and oil free until bed in the evening, at which point I remove my makeup and repeat the cleansing process. The Garnier SkinActive Clean+ Shine Control Cleansing Gel is a bigger bottle at a lower price point than other charcoal cleansers on the market. Their bottle tends to last me between 1 and 2 months depending on how dedicated I am to my evening cleansing. Overall, this is a great product to help control and balance out oily skin without the drying effects of medicated acne washes.
Madeline J.
Rexburg, ID
I just bought this a few weeks ago and I'm already obsessed with it. I have dry/oily combination skin and it's very hard to clean my face without drying it out. This product is the perfect solution,  it cleans my face without drying or irritating it. It's not harsh but it certainly gets the job done. I use it every night after I shower and remove my makeup. It's a must-have for anyone with sensitive combination skin!
Jessica D.
I FREAKING LOVE THIS CLEANSER! I have combination skin and have recently dealt with breakouts and oily skin. This cleanser really mattifies my skin and feels so clean! I keep a bottle in the shower and by the sink. It is a godsend. I will forever use and recommend this cleanser to anyone looking to control shine and breakouts. I use it just before I put my makeup on in the morning and have noticed my face glows without looking oily. My breakouts are gone and under control! If this is a struggle for you, buy it! I promise you will fall in love.
Courtney B.
New York
This face wash is great for oily skin. I have the worst, greasy skin, and I definitely noticed that this helped. I'm not quite sure if its actually any good for acne or other impurities, but for shine control, this is great. The only thing I don't love is that I go through the bottle quickly. It's very liquidy, so it's used up fast. Other tan that, it's pretty great. It makes a great lather and smells like charcoal Garnier Skinactive Clean + Shine Control Cleansing Gel
Destiney C.
Salinas , CA
I bought this because I happened to be at Ulta and they were out of my regular Peter Thomas Roth Irish Moor Mud cleanser and I didn't feel like driving to Sephora to get my other go-to, Boscia charcoal wash so I decided to try this. Ugh, it was so watery and the smell was horrific!!! I could of done with the watery texture cause I felt it did clean my skin but the smell was too much. Like an old-lady scent that lingered for awhile.
Jae B.
Whittier, CA
Love love love!!!!! For someone with oily skin(skin so oily you could see your reflection in this forehead oily) this was my holy grail daily cleanser before applying makeup. It does exactly what the label says....gives you a matte finish and keeps you shine free. This cleanser was always a part of my skin care routine when I prepped my skin to apply makeup! Garnier Skin Active line knows what they are doing!
Desiree T.
Antelope, CA
The Garnier SkinActive Charcoal Gel Cleanser is severely underrated. While it's not a dupe for the boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser and is more comparable to the Bioré Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser, I find that this is better in my opinion.

When comparing this to to the Biore Charcoal Cleanser, the concentration of charcoal is much higher in the Garnier Gel Cleanser, so I experience a much deeper clean, resulting in cleaner, clearer pores.

Along with the charcoal concentration, although it's not stated as a drug fact, the Garnier cleanser has salicylic acid in it. I personally prefer this because charcoal cleansers sometimes encourage a purge cycle, meaning they may encourage your skin to break out worse before it clears your skin when you first switch to a charcoal cleanser. This is typical for charcoal cleansers and African black soap. It doesn't happen to everyone, but don't be alarmed if it happens to you.

While both of these cleansers aren't fragrance free, the Garnier Gel Cleanser has fragrance as the last ingredient, where Biore has it somewhere in the middle, so it is higher in concentration. My skin is sensitive to fragrance, so that's no good for me. I don't experience much irritation with the Garnier Cleanser.

I'm so glad I discovered the Garnier Charcoal Gel Cleanser. It's a little pricier than the Biore Cleanser, but it performs way better for me. My skin is clearer, it helps keep my combination skin matte during the day without over-drying the parts of my face that deal with dryness. This is a godsend!
Crystal R.
Hilo, HI
I got this from Target for about $6.00. It is a transparent black cleansing gel. When you rub it onto your face you feel an immediate cooling sensation. There are no microbead in this so it doesn't exfoliate your skin. It leaves my skin soft, matte, and cool. Overall, I liked the feeling of the cleanser on my face, but it didn't really help my acne or complexion in the long run.
Ainsley L.
East Falmouth, MA
This is my favorite face wash I've used! I have naturally oily/greasy skin, but I also have sensitive skin, so a lot of face washes irritate my skin or make it very red. This facewash doesn't do either of those things, and my skin feels very soft after using it. It has a very light texture, and a pleasant smell, and it just has an overall feeling of 'clean!.
ximena a.
Modesto, ca
Will this dry your face if you use everyday?
Johnna R.
Shine control?
Rachel W.
Ortonville, MI
Will this dry out my skin?
Tiffani C.
I have oily acne prone skin, how does this work with (or against) acne?
Jodi W.
Beaumont, CA
I am looking for a cleanser to help control the shine on my face. I used a charcoal cleanser from another brand and it made me break out. If someone with sensitive oily skin has used this, I'd like to know if it made you break out too or is it safe?