Garnier Skinactive Clean + Shine Control Cleansing Gel uploaded by Daneymis P.Garnier Skinactive Clean + Shine Control Cleansing Gel uploaded by Kelley W.Garnier Skinactive Clean + Shine Control Cleansing Gel uploaded by Ashley-Rahne M.See all 20 photos
2 colors available

BY GARNIER

Oily skin has specific cleansing needs. To look and feel its best, it needs the right clean and specific care. Our daily gel cleanser dissolves dirt, excess oil and makeup. The formula infused with charcoal draws out impurities like magnet see more...

• I have oily acne prone skin, how does...It worked great for me with my... 3 Answers
  • Will this dry your face if you use ev...It is OK to use everyday, just... 7 Answers
  • I tend to get oily skin once I'm half...i tend to have an oily t-zone ... 2 Answers
Photos (20)
Amber C.
Amber C.
This definitely leaves my oily skin feeling matte and ready for makeup. A little goes a long way.
Miranda P.
Miranda P.
Enterprise, AL
If you have sensitive skin then don't use this because it has fragrance which is really bad...
Abigail B.
Abigail B.
Denville, NJ
I keep a bottle of Garnier SkinActive Clean+ Shine Control Cleansing Gel in my shower and use it to wash my face every morning. I have combination skin and find the charcoal formula is great for removing excess oil that builds up over the night. I use about 1/2 a pump's worth, massaging it into my face and rinsing with a washcloth. I follow this up with my normal moisturizer and makeup and my face stays relatively shine and oil free until bed in the evening, at which point I remove my makeup and repeat the cleansing process. The Garnier SkinActive Clean+ Shine Control Cleansing Gel is a bigger bottle at a lower price point than other charcoal cleansers on the market. Their bottle tends to last me between 1 and 2 months depending on how dedicated I am to my evening cleansing. Overall, this is a great product to help control and balance out oily skin without the drying effects of medicated acne washes.
Madeline J.
Madeline J.
Rexburg, ID
I just bought this a few weeks ago and I'm already obsessed with it. I have dry/oily combination skin and it's very hard to clean my face without drying it out. This product is the perfect solution,  it cleans my face without drying or irritating it. It's not harsh but it certainly gets the job done. I use it every night after I shower and remove my makeup. It's a must-have for anyone with sensitive combination skin!
Jessica D.
Jessica D.
I FREAKING LOVE THIS CLEANSER! I have combination skin and have recently dealt with breakouts and oily skin. This cleanser really mattifies my skin and feels so clean! I keep a bottle in the shower and by the sink. It is a godsend. I will forever use and recommend this cleanser to anyone looking to control shine and breakouts. I use it just before I put my makeup on in the morning and have noticed my face glows without looking oily. My breakouts are gone and under control! If this is a struggle for you, buy it! I promise you will fall in love.
Courtney B.
Courtney B.
New York
This face wash is great for oily skin. I have the worst, greasy skin, and I definitely noticed that this helped. I'm not quite sure if its actually any good for acne or other impurities, but for shine control, this is great. The only thing I don't love is that I go through the bottle quickly. It's very liquidy, so it's used up fast. Other tan that, it's pretty great. It makes a great lather and smells like charcoal Garnier Skinactive Clean + Shine Control Cleansing Gel
Destiney C.
Destiney C.
Salinas, CA
I bought this because I happened to be at Ulta and they were out of my regular Peter Thomas Roth Irish Moor Mud cleanser and I didn't feel like driving to Sephora to get my other go-to, Boscia charcoal wash so I decided to try this. Ugh, it was so watery and the smell was horrific!!! I could of done with the watery texture cause I felt it did clean my skin but the smell was too much. Like an old-lady scent that lingered for awhile.
sa m.
sa m.
Highland Park, NJ
amazing product works so well on the face amazing product works so well on the face amazing product works so well on the face amazing product works so well on the face amazing product works so well on the face amazing product works so well on the face amazing product works so well on the face amazing product works so well on the face amazing product works so well on the face amazing product works so well on the face amazing product works so well on the face amazing product works so well on the face amazing product works so well on the face
Crystal R.
Crystal R.
Hilo, HI
I got this from Target for about $6.00. It is a transparent black cleansing gel. When you rub it onto your face you feel an immediate cooling sensation. There are no microbead in this so it doesn't exfoliate your skin. It leaves my skin soft, matte, and cool. Overall, I liked the feeling of the cleanser on my face, but it didn't really help my acne or complexion in the long run.
Samantha S.
Samantha S.
Hamilton, OH
I usually use this is the morning, before I go about my day. I love using this on days that I don't plan on wearing makeup, because I tend to have oily/shiny skin. This helps the shininess stay away for hours! The only thing I don't really like it that it leaves my face red for about ten minutes or so after I use it, but I have sensitive skin, so it might just be me.
ximena a.
ximena a.
Modesto, ca
Will this dry your face if you use everyday?
Johnna R.
Johnna R.
Shine control?
Rachel W.
Rachel W.
Ortonville, MI
Will this dry out my skin?
Tiffani C.
Tiffani C.
I have oily acne prone skin, how does this work with (or against) acne?
Jami T.
Jami T.
Bastrop, TX
I have real oily skin. Will this make my face dry?