2 colors available

BY GARNIER

Oily skin has specific cleansing needs. To look and feel its best, it needs the right clean and specific care. Our daily gel cleanser dissolves dirt, excess oil and makeup. The formula infused with charcoal draws out impurities like magnet see more...

• I have oily acne prone skin, how does this work with (or against) a...3 Answers
  • Will this dry your face if you use everyday?7 Answers
  • I tend to get oily skin once I'm halfway through a regular work day...2 Answers
Ryan S.
Ryan S.
Reading, PA
I grabbed this from the fiancé when my men's cleaner ran out! I have oily olive skin and this really got the oil out! Works great! Just wish it smelled more manly lol.
Valerie W.
Valerie W.
Greenwood, SC
As I get older my skin gets more oily. This face wash gets rid of the oil but doesn't dry my skin out. It leaves an shine free finish which lasts a long time.
Kim O.
Kim O.
Steubenville, OH
I really like it but I would recommend only washing once a day with it bc it can start to dry your skin out but besides that I really like it
Jasmin S.
Jasmin S.
Beaumont, TX
My face gets really oily throughout the day. This has managed to not only start clearing my face but also controlling much oily skin.
Khadija C.
Khadija C.
Doral, FL
I love this new line. I recommend anything with charcoal for cleaning, it does a great job and ur face feels really nice after
Ariana M.
Ariana M.
Buffalo, NY
Absolutely love this product. I've always had oily skin. This takes away the oil like shine and makes my skin feel perfect
Modesto, ca
I been using this product a week ago it has help to remove the excessive oil from my skin love the product
Amber C.
Amber C.
This definitely leaves my oily skin feeling matte and ready for makeup. A little goes a long way.
Miranda P.
Miranda P.
Enterprise, AL
If you have sensitive skin then don't use this because it has fragrance which is really bad...
Desiree T.
Desiree T.
Antelope, CA
The Garnier SkinActive Charcoal Gel Cleanser is severely underrated. While it's not a dupe for the boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser and is more comparable to the Bioré Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser, I find that this is better in my opinion.

When comparing this to to the Biore Charcoal Cleanser, the concentration of charcoal is much higher in the Garnier Gel Cleanser, so I experience a much deeper clean, resulting in cleaner, clearer pores.

Along with the charcoal concentration, although it's not stated as a drug fact, the Garnier cleanser has salicylic acid in it. I personally prefer this because charcoal cleansers sometimes encourage a purge cycle, meaning they may encourage your skin to break out worse before it clears your skin when you first switch to a charcoal cleanser. This is typical for charcoal cleansers and African black soap. It doesn't happen to everyone, but don't be alarmed if it happens to you.

While both of these cleansers aren't fragrance free, the Garnier Gel Cleanser has fragrance as the last ingredient, where Biore has it somewhere in the middle, so it is higher in concentration. My skin is sensitive to fragrance, so that's no good for me. I don't experience much irritation with the Garnier Cleanser.

I'm so glad I discovered the Garnier Charcoal Gel Cleanser. It's a little pricier than the Biore Cleanser, but it performs way better for me. My skin is clearer, it helps keep my combination skin matte during the day without over-drying the parts of my face that deal with dryness. This is a godsend!
Modesto, ca
Will this dry your face if you use everyday?
Johnna R.
Johnna R.
Shine control?
Rachel W.
Rachel W.
Ortonville, MI
Will this dry out my skin?
Tiffani C.
Tiffani C.
I have oily acne prone skin, how does this work with (or against) acne?
Jami T.
Jami T.
Bastrop, TX
I have real oily skin. Will this make my face dry?