BY GARNIER

Oily skin has specific cleansing needs. To look and feel its best, it needs the right clean and specific care. Our daily gel cleanser dissolves dirt, excess oil and makeup. The formula infused with charcoal draws out impurities like magnet see more...

• I have oily acne prone skin, how does this work with (or against)...3 Answers
  • Will this dry your face if you use everyday?7 Answers
  • I tend to get oily skin once I'm halfway through a regular work d...2 Answers
Destiney C.
Salinas , CA
I bought this because I happened to be at Ulta and they were out of my regular Peter Thomas Roth Irish Moor Mud cleanser and I didn't feel like driving to Sephora to get my other go-to, Boscia charcoal wash so I decided to try this. Ugh, it was so watery and the smell was horrific!!! I could of done with the watery texture cause I felt it did clean my skin but the smell was too much. Like an old-lady scent that lingered for awhile.
Jae B.
Whittier, CA
Love love love!!!!! For someone with oily skin(skin so oily you could see your reflection in this forehead oily) this was my holy grail daily cleanser before applying makeup. It does exactly what the label says....gives you a matte finish and keeps you shine free. This cleanser was always a part of my skin care routine when I prepped my skin to apply makeup! Garnier Skin Active line knows what they are doing!
Ellie W.
Ronceverte, WV
I found this on clearance at walmart and thought I would give it a try. I feel like it cleans my face nicely, but it does dry it out, so make sure to moisturize after. One pump is perfect so it should last a while. I don't know that I would buy it again but for the price it will work for now.
Desiree T.
Antelope, CA
Review for: Garnier Skin Skinactive Clean Plus Shine Control Cleansing Gel, 8 Fluid Ounce (Pack of 3), Garnier® SkinActive™ Clean+ Shine Control Cleansing Gel for Oily Skin 8 fl. oz. Pump, Other more...
The Garnier SkinActive Charcoal Gel Cleanser is severely underrated. While it's not a dupe for the boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser and is more comparable to the Bioré Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser, I find that this is better in my opinion.

When comparing this to to the Biore Charcoal Cleanser, the concentration of charcoal is much higher in the Garnier Gel Cleanser, so I experience a much deeper clean, resulting in cleaner, clearer pores.

Along with the charcoal concentration, although it's not stated as a drug fact, the Garnier cleanser has salicylic acid in it. I personally prefer this because charcoal cleansers sometimes encourage a purge cycle, meaning they may encourage your skin to break out worse before it clears your skin when you first switch to a charcoal cleanser. This is typical for charcoal cleansers and African black soap. It doesn't happen to everyone, but don't be alarmed if it happens to you.

While both of these cleansers aren't fragrance free, the Garnier Gel Cleanser has fragrance as the last ingredient, where Biore has it somewhere in the middle, so it is higher in concentration. My skin is sensitive to fragrance, so that's no good for me. I don't experience much irritation with the Garnier Cleanser.

I'm so glad I discovered the Garnier Charcoal Gel Cleanser. It's a little pricier than the Biore Cleanser, but it performs way better for me. My skin is clearer, it helps keep my combination skin matte during the day without over-drying the parts of my face that deal with dryness. This is a godsend!
Crystal R.
Hilo, HI
I got this from Target for about $6.00. It is a transparent black cleansing gel. When you rub it onto your face you feel an immediate cooling sensation. There are no microbead in this so it doesn't exfoliate your skin. It leaves my skin soft, matte, and cool. Overall, I liked the feeling of the cleanser on my face, but it didn't really help my acne or complexion in the long run.
Ainsley L.
East Falmouth, MA
This is my favorite face wash I've used! I have naturally oily/greasy skin, but I also have sensitive skin, so a lot of face washes irritate my skin or make it very red. This facewash doesn't do either of those things, and my skin feels very soft after using it. It has a very light texture, and a pleasant smell, and it just has an overall feeling of 'clean!.
Cindy S.
Virginia Beach
I started using this product about a week ago and now at 41 I am breaking out like a teenager going through puberty.  I do have large pores and blackheads so I'm not sure if it is just tryi g to pull the impurities out of my pores or what,  but it's embarrassing.  Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to helo with the breakout? Help, I'm desperate.
Fatima H.
Three Rivers, MI
This product is amazing. Not only is it very affordable, but it also feels as if you're using a high end product. I use this before bed as part of my nighttime skincare routine, and It eaves my skin and face feeling so healthy and smooth! Gel cleansers are my all time favorite and it's great at helping to remove any access makeup or dirt on your face!
Sandy M.
Long Beach, CA
This product is amazing. I have oily skin and it's often hard to control. But this is my holy Grail. Every day and night, I use this and it smoothes out my skin and control my oily skin and pores. I don't breakout as much after I been using this for a whole month or two. It took alot of time for my skin to get used to it but now it's my favorite!!! 😍😍😍
Allison C.
Kansas City, KS
I use this cleanser twice a day, morning and night time. I have very sensitive skin and my face is dried out very easily. I think this product is one of the best drugstore products I've used. It's gentle but effective and I really look forward to using it. I love the charcoal ingredients, I think it makes a big difference in the cleansing process.
ximena a.
Modesto, CA
Will this dry your face if you use everyday?
Johnna R.
Shine control?
Rachel W.
Ortonville, MI
Will this dry out my skin?
Tiffani C.
I have oily acne prone skin, how does this work with (or against) acne?
Jodi W.
Beaumont, CA
I am looking for a cleanser to help control the shine on my face. I used a charcoal cleanser from another brand and it made me break out. If someone with sensitive oily skin has used this, I'd like to know if it made you break out too or is it safe?