BY GARNIER

Oily skin has specific cleansing needs. To look and feel its best, it needs the right clean and specific care. Our daily gel cleanser dissolves dirt, excess oil and makeup. The formula infused with charcoal draws out impurities like magnet see more...

• I have oily acne prone skin, how does this work with (or against)...3 Answers
  • Will this dry your face if you use everyday?7 Answers
  • I tend to get oily skin once I'm halfway through a regular work d...2 Answers
Hollie N.
Ashland, KY
I am in love 💗 with #Garnier SkinActive Clean + Shine Control Cleansing Gel for Oily Skin 😍!! It is gentle 🐩 enough to use as a daily cleanser to dissolve yucky 😛 dirt & oil, but the charcoal 🔥 formula is strong 💪 enough to draw out ⤴ any impurities ⚠ deep in your skin 😍!!! Just a small amount lathers 💦 up nicely & the menthol🌱 makes your face feel super clean😊!!! Really works great ✔ to control excess oil 🌋!!! The perfect 💎 facial cleanser for my oily skin 😃!!! Highly recommended!!! 5 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Rhiannon C.
Cullowhee, NC
I love this cleanser. It has changed my skin completely. Normally I'm so oily my makeup breaks down within a few hours even with a primer and powder. But with this it's pretty much evened out my oils so I'm not so oily. I use it every morning and night with an oil free moisturizer and it controls my oils without making me dry. It is a pretty big bottle and I still have a ton left so seems like it's gonna last a while too. I'm completely surprised at how nice this is for the price. I'd recommend to anyone with oily skin.
Abigail B.
Denville, NJ
I keep a bottle of Garnier SkinActive Clean+ Shine Control Cleansing Gel in my shower and use it to wash my face every morning. I have combination skin and find the charcoal formula is great for removing excess oil that builds up over the night. I use about 1/2 a pump's worth, massaging it into my face and rinsing with a washcloth. I follow this up with my normal moisturizer and makeup and my face stays relatively shine and oil free until bed in the evening, at which point I remove my makeup and repeat the cleansing process. The Garnier SkinActive Clean+ Shine Control Cleansing Gel is a bigger bottle at a lower price point than other charcoal cleansers on the market. Their bottle tends to last me between 1 and 2 months depending on how dedicated I am to my evening cleansing. Overall, this is a great product to help control and balance out oily skin without the drying effects of medicated acne washes.
Madeline J.
Rexburg, ID
I just bought this a few weeks ago and I'm already obsessed with it. I have dry/oily combination skin and it's very hard to clean my face without drying it out. This product is the perfect solution,  it cleans my face without drying or irritating it. It's not harsh but it certainly gets the job done. I use it every night after I shower and remove my makeup. It's a must-have for anyone with sensitive combination skin!
Jennifer S.
Las Vegas, NV
Review for: Garnier® SkinActive™ Clean+ Shine Control Cleansing Gel for Oily Skin 8 fl. oz. Pump more...
This face wash is, truely, in the top 3 washes I haves ever used. For someone with very oily skin,it leaves my face soft and fresh for a long time. Most importantly my large pores have seem to minimized. This has a minty smell and feel it as your washing just with a small amount to your face it leaves it really clean. Its super affordable you really get the quality for the buck which is great! I would most definitely recommend this product for oily skin.
Jessica D.
I FREAKING LOVE THIS CLEANSER! I have combination skin and have recently dealt with breakouts and oily skin. This cleanser really mattifies my skin and feels so clean! I keep a bottle in the shower and by the sink. It is a godsend. I will forever use and recommend this cleanser to anyone looking to control shine and breakouts. I use it just before I put my makeup on in the morning and have noticed my face glows without looking oily. My breakouts are gone and under control! If this is a struggle for you, buy it! I promise you will fall in love.
Courtney B.
New York
This face wash is great for oily skin. I have the worst, greasy skin, and I definitely noticed that this helped. I'm not quite sure if its actually any good for acne or other impurities, but for shine control, this is great. The only thing I don't love is that I go through the bottle quickly. It's very liquidy, so it's used up fast. Other tan that, it's pretty great. It makes a great lather and smells like charcoal Garnier Skinactive Clean + Shine Control Cleansing Gel
Azaria F.
Repton, AL
I really didn't like it. It irritated my face bad. All of a sudden my face was dry I had dry flakes from my forhead to cheek to my chin it was horrible. It was after the Christmas holidays I was so glad I look that horrible . Didn't want to be seen just nothing. And I have that oily blackhead dark scars type face . It was just ughhh. 😡
Leslie M.
Chandler, AZ
I used to have really bad breakouts in my T-zone but ever since i started using this (which was like 3 years ago) my face cleared up! I had tried so many other products before this and none of them ever did anything for me. Every time i use it it makes my skin feel so clean and gets rid of excess oil. I will most definitely never stop using this face wash because this is such a great product!!
Kelley W.
Cpe Girardeau, MO
I have combination skin and large pores. This has been great on my skin, I don't break out, and it leaves me feeling soft and clean! I also use the blackhead scrub, with this, every other week. I'm so happy I gave this Garnier product a shot! I'm really enjoying their skincare line.
ximena a.
Modesto, CA
Will this dry your face if you use everyday?
Johnna R.
Shine control?
Rachel W.
Ortonville, MI
Will this dry out my skin?
Tiffani C.
I have oily acne prone skin, how does this work with (or against) acne?
Jodi W.
Beaumont, CA
I am looking for a cleanser to help control the shine on my face. I used a charcoal cleanser from another brand and it made me break out. If someone with sensitive oily skin has used this, I'd like to know if it made you break out too or is it safe?