Add a Photo

By GARNIER
#464 in Facial Cleansers
Oily skin has specific cleansing needs. To look and feel its best, it needs the right clean and specific care. Our daily gel cleanser dissolves dirt, excess oil and makeup. The formula infused with charcoal draws out impurities like magnet
Photos (11)
Alyssa C.
Alyssa C.

I bought this like two weeks ago, and Im so in love already. My skin is so difficult and I have used hundreds of different things to stop breakouts, get rid of that oily look, actually help my skin and not just cover it up. I've even started making my own.masks and scrubs and cleansers because I have such a problem. This stuff, is amazing. I use this, the micellar water, an exfoliating toner and garnier moisturizer. And as soon as I wash my face, it is visibly cleaner. I have finally found a product that's making my face look way better, and it hasn't even been a month yet.
Laura V.
Laura V.

Does this really mattify/shine control? Yes it really does. Is it a really good face wash? Probably not. I think there are other face washes even from this same brand that are way better at cleaning and drawing out impurities. But if you are oily and want to keep you're face matte I do recommend this for that reason but still feel like you should use another face wash to really clean your face and pores. I've been using it for 3 months so I have given it some time to see results and just not that impressed also it is drying so make sure to moisturize afterwards
Livy V.
Livy V.
Glendale, AZ

My fiance and I have extremely oily skin. We have tried many different skin cleansers. Finally found one that gives the results we want and at an affordable price too. Single pump is enough product. Our skin feels so nice after using it. I like how it lathers easily and the tingling effect from the menthol. My fiance loves how soft his skin feels and how well it cleans his face. We use it daily without over drying our skin. Our complexion brighten and has a healthy glow. Not a grimy oily shine. Totally worth the buy. We will definitely be repurchasing again.
Amber N.
Amber N.
Pasadena, TX

This product is okay, especially if you are specifically looking to treat an oily face. When I first saw the bottle in store, I thought the consistency would be dark black and mud *almost charcoal- like* but it's not dark at all, definitely doesn't feel like a charcoal mask. However, this product does have a nice, clean fragrance.
Sensitive skin beware, this product may cause tingling in the face/cheeks and possible temporary redness of the skin. It will work for now to clean my face, but I probably will still look for a true charcoal mask!
Kristen W.
Kristen W.

Blackheads? You need this in your life! I have oily skin. And blackheads. I've had blackheads as long as I can remember and nothing I've ever used has helped. Charcoal for some reason fascinated me, I was originally looking for the wipes when I found this. I used it for about two weeks and one day I looked in the mirror and realized that my nose looked better. WAY better. Seeing as this is the only thing I've changed in my routine, I've given it all of the credit. I can't believe I've finally found a product that has given results.
Desiree T.
Desiree T.
Sacramento, CA

I purchased this at Target for about six dollars because I ran out of my Boscia Black Cleansing Gel and couldn't afford to splurge at the moment. I am very satisfied with this product. It's not an exact dupe for the Boscia cleanser since this one foams up, doesn't warm skin on contact, and has mint in it, but it makes a nice alternative. There's a ton of product, one pump goes a long way. I use this with a silicone facial cleansing brush and my skin looks and feels tight and clean. Perfect for any beauties on a budget.
Stephanie G.
Stephanie G.
Riverview, NB

Not in love with this, but I don't hate it. This cleanser didn't cause my skin to break out, which is nice, although by the end of the day my skin is starting to show some oil. That being said, it does a great job of cleaning all the makeup off at the end of the day (with some help from my Clarisonic) and leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean, not tight. The only down side of this product is the smell. If you like smelling like a man, then it's great! Otherwise, I recommend a good rinse and follow with toner.
Rachel M.
Rachel M.
Smithton, PA

I have very oily skin, and this product claims to help remove any excess oil, dirt and makeup from within your pores, like a magnet. I have found that it slightly works, however, there is still a significant amount of left over dirt/makeup after I get out of the shower. I usually use a cleansing product afterwards that actually does remove the leftover dirt/makeup, and there is a lot left after I wipe my face with a circular cotton pad. I probably wouldn't buy this product again.
Kate M.
Kate M.
Long Is City, NY

Overall this is a nice cleanser. I didn't feel like it dried out my skin too much but it definitely leaves you with a deep-clean feel. It didn't get super suds-y which I actually prefer, but it did foam a little and left my skin tingly clean. The one thing that really turns me off about this face wash is the smell! It smells like a really cliche men's cologne. I wouldn't purchase this again purely because of the smell... might be handing this one off to my boyfriend!
Katie G.
Katie G.
Beaver Falls, PA

I love the way this stuff makes my face feel! It controls oil well, although I a wondering if it dries my face out a little bit compared to other options.

The smell is great! I don't like fruity face washes, so the more natural and almost masculine charcoal scent is perfect for me!

Now, I am someone who deals with acne. I have other topical medications that I use, so I decided to try a face wash without salicylic acid since I'm already using two other medications.
Johnna R.
Johnna R.

Shine control?
Jodi W.
Jodi W.
Beaumont, CA

I am looking for a cleanser to help control the shine on my face. I used a charcoal cleanser from another brand and it made me break out. If someone with sensitive oily skin has used this, I'd like to know if it made you break out too or is it safe?
Rachel W.
Rachel W.
Ortonville, MI

Will this dry out my skin?
Michelle R.
Michelle R.
fort benning, Ga

How well does it clean your skin? Do you need to use a sponge or brush or is your finger tips ok. how does this compare to.other cleaners for oily skin?
Karmen P.
Karmen P.
Murrieta, CA

Does anyone know if this is equivalent to BOSCIA Black Charcoal Cleanser?

Join Now