BY GARNIER

Oily skin has specific cleansing needs. To look and feel its best, it needs the right clean and specific care. Our daily gel cleanser dissolves dirt, excess oil and makeup. The formula infused with charcoal draws out impurities like magnet see more...

• I have oily acne prone skin, how does this work with (or against)...3 Answers
  • Will this dry your face if you use everyday?7 Answers
  • I tend to get oily skin once I'm halfway through a regular work d...2 Answers
Ilona H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I was a bit skeptical when I first purchased this product, as a lot of other products I've tried to use to help minimize shine didn't really seem to work. I did notice a difference in my skin, but there were also days when I had my period and my skin was still a little oily. Some of my skin seemed to get a tad dry while using this, so I did add a moisturizer after (which is always a good idea, regardless) and that seemed to help immensely. I recommend this product, but just be careful if you use it daily if you have sensitive skin. This definitely does help with those that have oily skin.
bissa q.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I wish I could give this product way more stars!! It’s a miracle and my skin prospers when I use this! I use it the second I wake up and after I take off my makeup. I have oily skin and this drys me out just fine. It’s a cool feeling when going on and a little goes a long way!
Jennifer S.
Las Vegas, NV
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Garnier® SkinActive™ Clean+ Shine Control Cleansing Gel for Oily Skin 8 fl. oz. Pump
This face wash is, truely, in the top 3 washes I haves ever used. For someone with very oily skin,it leaves my face soft and fresh for a long time. Most importantly my large pores have seem to minimized. This has a minty smell and feel it as your washing just with a small amount to your face it leaves it really clean. Its super affordable you really get the quality for the buck which is great! I would most definitely recommend this product for oily skin.
Bernadette D.
Everett, WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
So since I have oily skin, I use this as my daily cleanser. And I use it twice a day morning and night. Well I wouldn't say that I found it to to help mattify my skin, I will say that it has drastically improved the acne that I have on my skin. I also like the fact that it doesn't dry out my skin at all, and my skin feels a lot cleaner when I'm done with it.
Megan P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
After discovering this face wash. It is my go-to. I use a cream based makeup remover and afterwards I use this face wash to help remove any left over makeup I may have missed. It smells good and the foaming wash makes my face feel so fresh and clean. It also contended salicylic acid which helps with acne. I would recommend it to people with oily skin.
Mari D.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I would say this in a 'OK' product. I think it is INCREDIBLE for removing makeup. I would solely buy this to remove makeup. However, if you are looking for shine control, it does not do the job. I have very oily skin and, in fact, this makes it just as oily if not more after a few hours.... For someone with combo/normal skin, I would recommend 100%
Syn H.
Birmingham, AL
Beauty Junkie Expert
If you have oily skin or just need to unclog your pores , GET THIS PRODUCT. It leave you matte and great before using make up. It also cleans make up off your face very well!
Tess M.
I enjoyed this facial cleanser for a little while. I have really oily skin and was hoping this would at least cut my oil production in half. Unfortunately, this cleanser didn't work any miracles, but it did provide me with one of the best drugstore cleanses I've had in a while.
Ariel N.
San Francisco, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This cleanser is great for helping to control oil and breakouts. It has a nice tingling cooling sensation. I love using this with a charcoal konjac sponge. My skin has become noticeably less oily and smoother since using this cleanser. It cleans well without being too stripping.
Hailey D.
Paragould, AR
Beauty Junkie Expert
I bought this for my husband as he has oily skin and works in the automotive industry where he is constantly subjected to more oils and heat. He was so impressed! This stuff actually works! It totally got rid of all of the “shine” that comes along with oily skin!!
ximena a.
Modesto, ca
Will this dry your face if you use everyday?
Johnna R.
Shine control?
Rachel W.
Ortonville, MI
Will this dry out my skin?
Jami T.
Bastrop , TX
I have real oily skin. Will this make my face dry?
Tiffani C.
I have oily acne prone skin, how does this work with (or against) acne?