BY GARNIER #2 in Micellar Water

All-in-1 Cleanser & Makeup Remover. Cleanses + removes even waterproof makeup + refreshes. No rinse, no harsh rubbing. For face, lips, and eyes.

This all-in-1 bi-phase cleanser is surprisingly powerful yet gentle to skin. It is specially formulated to effectively cleanse, remove even waterproof/longwear makeup, and refresh. Like a magnet, micelles capture and lift away dirt, oil and makeup without harsh rubbing, leaving skin perfectly clean and refreshed without over-drying.

Results:

Skin is left perfectly cleansed and refreshed without a greasy residue left behind.

Ingredients: Aqua/water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Dipotassium Phosphate, Disodium Edta, Decyl Glucoside, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide

Usage:
Shake Well

TO REMOVE EYE MAKEUP:
Hold pad over closed eyes for a few seconds, then gently wipe without harsh rubbing.

TO CLEAN SKIN & REMOVE FACE MAKEUP:
Gently wipe all over until skin is completely clean from makeup and impurities. Use daily, AM/PM. No need to rinse.

• What is your most favorite makeup remover? This is my fav...10 Answers
  • Is it worth the hype? How does it compare to just a make...23 Answers
  • What's the difference between this one and the pink bottle?7 Answers
Kim M.
I’m no expert when it comes to micellar waters and I have only previously used the Bioderma Sensibio micellar water which I really enjoyed. Micellar water is basically a water based, oil free (generally) makeup  remover. It’s like a bottle of liquid that would normally saturate makeup remover wipes. Micellar water is composed mainly of water + surfactants - the surfactants reduce the surface tension between your makeup and skin and lifts the makeup (+ sweat and sebum) away.
The surfactants in this Garnier micellar water are hexylene glycol and decyl glucoside. Hexylene glycol is classified in the EU as a skin and eye irritant. Now, I have a bone to pick with Garnier for advertising their micellar waters as “no rinse”! You don’t want to leave surfactants on your skin because they are irritating and drying, especially when the surfactant used is a skin and eye irritant. Do you really want to leave a soapy film on your face? Eye doctors are also seeing a rise in patients having eye problems related to micellar waters. When I got lasik I was told to stop using all micellar waters for at least 6 months, but ideally forever, and if I had to use them that I must always wash my face and eyes with a gentle cleanser immediately after.
The last issue I have with this product is that it is in the SkinActive line which Garnier says has "gentle formulas and naturally-derived ingredients” but includes cyclopentasiloxane as the second ingredient. Now, I personally avoid all silicones because they break me out, but my point here is that this silicone is bioaccumulative posing health hazards to humans, animals, and the environment - seems pretty counterintuitive to include this ingredient in your natural, ingredient conscious line. It also includes polyaminopropyl biguanide, which is a preservative and anti-microbial that has been banned/restricted in some countries, (eg. EU + Japan), because of some evidence showing it to be carcinogenic, mutagenic, and allergenic.
Apart from ingredients, this product is actually pretty effective at removing *waterproof* formulas. I typically use washable mascaras and it wasn’t great at taking those off, but when I needed something to get the bulletproof Etude House Curl Fix mascara off this was by far the most effective remover I had on hand. I originally used one of my microfiber cloths to remove washable mascara, but for some reason it stained the cloth and cannot be washed off. For this reason I prefer to use a cotton pad, but this is too wasteful for me - I started using micellar waters + microfiber cloth instead of makeup remover wipes to be less wasteful and save money. I give this product 4/5 stars for how it performs, but have to dock 2 stars for falsely advertising this as “no rinse” and including a synthetic, environmentally damaging ingredient in a “natural” formula. Overall, it gets 2/5 stars and I would recommend Bioderma’s Sensibio pink cap micellar water + microfiber cloths over this, but please still wash your face or at least rinse after!
I was sent this product by Influenster for free in exchange for a review.
Photos: Etude House Curl Fix waterproof mascara on the back of my hand, removed with this micellar water and then Clinique Take the Day Off balm - micellar water removes all of the mascara and required less rubbing; cloth stained after going through the wash 2x
Callie G.
If I could give this zero stars I would no doubt. I was so excited to try this micellar water to help cleanse my face at the end of the day so I could try to get more makeup and dirt off my skin since there is still some left behind after washing my face very well. But as soon as I started using this, within just a couple of days my face started breaking out in some of the most painful and huge cystic acne I have ever had in my life. I do have somewhat more sensitive skin, but I have never had a painful breakout like this before, especially not from a skincare product. I had giant extremely tender zits across my forehead and on my chin. I continued to use the micellar water for another week because I didn't realize why I was breaking out at first, and the zits never got any smaller or less inflamed or painful. When I finally realized that this was what was causing my horrible breakout, I stopped using it altogether, and it took my face another couple of weeks to recover. I haven't had a breakout anywhere near this magnitude since I threw this product away. I couldn't be paid enough to use this product on my face again. The only slight positive I can see for this product is that it did clean excess makeup and dirt off my face, but that's not worth the trade for the acne. I definitely do not recommend this product if your skin is the least bit sensitive to products.
Michelle F.
Lexington, KY
I have never looked into cleansing waters before getting to try this product. I have been missing out!!! I have VERY sensitive skin and I have been able to use this product with no issues. I pour some on a cotton pad and it quickly removes makeup and way more dirt than I would like to admit! I can be very bad about washing my face before bed and this stuff is a lifesaver. It has no scent and it does not make my skin red like almost every other cleansing product I have tried.
I shared on social media about trying it out and I got SO many messages from friends who are obsessed with it as well. I received this product in exchange for a review, but it is one of few products I actually think I am going to buy for myself!
Evelyn P.
Hudson, MA
I personally love this as a makeup remover. It really gets all of my eye makeup and face makeup off, even when I can't see that it's still there. I typically use it with three cotton pads, one for each side of the face and then one to clean up anything I might have missed. It's very gentle and you get a huge amount in one bottle. My only qualm with this product is the fact that it says there is no need to wash your face afterwards. I've found that it leaves a greasy residue that I find rather uncomfortable. I've never had another makeup remover, be it liquid or wipe, do that. However, it does not affect my frequent use of the product, since I just wash my face afterwards anyway. If I was to try another similar product that didn't leave a residue, it would likely replace this one. In the meantime, I will continue to use and repurchase.
Gabriella N.
Columbia, MO
I love, love, love this product. Better and cheaper than using makeup wipes. Efficiency and longevity are incomparable to most make up removing products.

The bad: The only reason I don't give it five stars is because it leaves my face feeling a bit oily, so I usually wash my face right after taking my make up off.

The good: A little goes a long way. One dip onto a cotton round can usually take a layer of makeup off my face whether that be foundation and blush or all of my eye makeup (eyeliner, mascara, highlight, and eye shadow). It's really gentle on my face, and I have sensitive skin. It doesn't dry out my dry zones and it cleans thoroughly.

One cotton round can usually take off light everyday makeup. For a night out on the town I usually have more intense make up and I may need a cotton round and a half to get dark lipstick and eye makeup off.

Yanibell P.
It’s such a drag to remove makeup altogether, let alone water proof makeup. The Micellar Cleansing Water by Garnier is a life saver, removing even that waterproof mascara that wont seem to move. It’s sensitive enough for all skin types, including sensitive (and I can attest to that as I have sensitive skin). Not only does it remove your makeup, but it cleanses and refreshes your skin all at once. It retails for $6.96 at Walmart drugstores, and you can’t go wrong for that price. I won’t be buying any high end makeup removers or spending extra on makeup wipes. I definitely recommend this as it doesn’t dry out your skin. Thank you influenster! #Garniergirls #Walmartbeauty
Arielle M.
Brighton , MI
I don't know how I ever lived without this. This is a product I've repurchased and will continue to purchase. I use this micellar water to take off my makeup or just cleanse my skin after a long day without makeup. I then use my typical cleanser after. This takes off my makeup so well and even takes off waterproof mascara. On days where I don't wear makeup, I still use this because I can see dirt on the cotton pad! Even when using this every day, it still lasts a long time. It is pretty cheap too..I think I got this from target for around $6. You can find this at any drugstore and they have different versions of it too. Highly recommend.
Lexy 🎀.
Niles, OH
I received a free sample size bottle of this from Influenster to review.
I dumped a little of the product out onto a cotton ball - a little actually goes a long way. If you use too much it will drip all over. I held the cotton ball on my eye for a few seconds and it really did help to remove most of my eye makeup. I had to go back over my eyes again with a clean side of a cotton ball to get 100 percent of the makeup off. I also wiped down my entire face with the water. My face did feel clean, but I still felt like I needed to wash it with actual soap. My face didn’t feel super dry like it does sometimes when I use a face wash. This product was also super gentle. I used it with my contacts in and I didn’t have any blurring or burning of any kind. I typically use Clinique to remove my makeup, but sometimes it burns my eyes a little. I might buy this in the future as a eye makeup remover, but would probably only use it to cleanse my face if I was on a road trip or camping or something like that.
Virginie L.
Brooklyn, NY
I have been wanting to try this for a long time since people have been saying some good things about it. It took me awhile to finally get my hands on it since I have plenty of make up remover and didn't want to waste what I already have. But I finally got it and I only used it a few times but it has bee all positive!

There was little to no scent to it. It was also very gentle, it got the job done and I didn't have to rub too hard or harshly. It also didn't sting my eyes, I actually kept the cotton pad on my eyes for a bit (closed, of course) and there was no sting or burn.

I give it an A+!
Tiana C.
This product amazed me the first time I used it and after that it became go to makeup remover!! To start off, I do a lot of creative makeup looks that include liners to glitter! This product takes everything off without a hassle!! If you like glitter but don’t like the process of taking it off I recommend using this!! I tell all my followers they need to invest in this lol plus it isn’t expensive! I also use this on my makeup brushes for a quick rinse.. like the makeup remover sprays! I just add it to a small travel spray bottle and use it like that! I also use it to clean off my makeup section.. gets allll makeup off from all the fall out!!
Sumaira N.
Is it worth the hype? How does it compare to just a makeup wipe
May W.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Would I need to still wash my face after using this to remove all my makeup?
Diana R.
Easton, PA
How does this fair with acne prone skin? Will the oils cause my skin to overproduce natural oils and cause more acne?
Jennifer B.
Oromocto, NB
I'm trying to find a better toner. I found this on amazon with good reviews and theres also a lot more than most bottles. Does anyone recommend this? Or any other kind? Thanks!
Tiffani M.
Has anyone tried this product? If so how do you like it? Thank you for your time.