BY GARNIER #8 in BB Cream

• So would this be good and light for oily skin in the summer ?? Wo...3 Answers
  • Quise probar su producto de bbcream me gusto el aroma y la textur...1 Answers
Morgan P.
Grain Valley, MO
This stuff is great for the summertime it has and SPF of 20 I believe. It medium coverage it covers everything that I needed to cover without me looking cakey. It is a little liquidy but I don't mind it I kind a like you like that better. The stuff is super lightweight I can't even tell there's anything on my face but it does need to be set or will move around. Just reading the back and it said you should reapply every two hours but I don't it's just fine.
Amy B.
Roscoe, IL
Yes - ANOTHER product review! You're probably thinking all I do is sit around and review products all day but that isn't true!

Today we are going to be chatting about Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector Oil-Free B.B. Cream.

God's honest truth: I had barely heard of a B.B cream until recently when every drug store and retail outlet under the sun started pushing the stuff like crazy. Apparently everyone but me was in on this stuff. I have been a dedicated Almay Smart Shade tinted moisturizer user for years so I was skeptical when I received my Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector Oil-Free B.B. Cream in the mail. I still was not really clear on what "B.B." even meant so I did a bit of research. "B.B." means beauty balm so the full name means a Beauty Balm Cream. Alrighty then...

It is also worth mentioning that I'm a 32 year old woman who breaks out like a hormonal, sweaty, and oily teenager. My skin is worse now than it was when I was a teen. I do use prescription acne medication daily but I keep my face wash pretty simple: Dove Beauty Bar. That's it. For me to chance some bad reactions with a new product is a BIG deal but for BzzAgent...I thought 'why not?'

The claims about the Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector Oil-Free B.B. Cream are pretty clear and concise. I am going to list the claim for your followed by my thought on the claim:

1) Controls shine
My experience? Yep! The product delivers and keeps oil and shine at bay for several hours. Almost all day. The performance of the oil-free awesomeness was enough alone to beat the pants off of my usual Almay. I was sold on the product just for that alone. But there is much more...

2) Mimimizes pores
I guess. I dunno. The product is touted as a *sunscreen* (I will get to that in a bit) however it really acts more like a mineral makeup in all aspects. The coverage is pretty darn good with this product when blended well. Does it minimize my pores? If I cannot see them as much is that the same as minimizing them? No. But it does cover them up well. I will take it.

3) Evens skin tone
This is where you need to watch out. There are only a small handful of jumbled shades available. I am extremely fair and I found even the lightest available shade to be almost too pinky/dark for me, however, when used in a small amount and blended well the product does even skin tone very well. Just watch out...this poorly designed tube combined with an extremely runny product (like...this is no where NEAR a cream texture) can make for a heavy pour. Tip and squeeze the tube sparingly or your will have B.B. everywhere.

4) Hydrates
Ummmm...oil-free and hydrates? Sorry - no. This product tends to make my dry areas more dry. Moving on...

5) Protects with SPF 20
Sure. Why not? The package says so, right? As I mentioned earlier this product actually states that it is a SUNSCREEN. Talk about confusing...geeze.

The product is a dichotomy at best:
A "cream" that is extremely runny.
Controls shine, but is touted as being hydrating.
Minimizes pores but only with coverage it seems.
And my favorite: this is not even a MAKE UP or traditional B.B. Cream. It is a tinted sunscreen. The BzzAgent literature says nothing about this product being a sunscreen. It says it contains SPF but not that it is a sunscreen. The actual tube and box DO say it but keep the information hidden pretty well so I have no idea what these folks are trying to pull. I am all for SPF protection but I am still a little concerned about the labeling and marketing of this product.

My impression: It didn't make me breakout any worse than I already do but it also did not prevent blemishes either. My shine is under control. It is lightweight but requires some quick hands and intense blending. My skin tone looks great after application and it appears even and somewhat glowing. I do not use as much concealer when I am using this product and I have gone down to only using primer on my eyelids. The product makes a great base for the rest of my makeup.

Otherwise...meh. It costs about $12.99 at mass retailers which is a steal for the size of the product if you can manage to keep the bulk of the product from running out into your sink, onto your counter tops, and out into the cap of the tube which tends to collect a rather oddly large amount of this incognito sunscreen.

Would I pay $12.99 for this product?
1) I pay retail for nothing.
2) The product works but it needs work itself...like a lot of work. Particularly on making more shades available, being more clear in its marketing and product labeling about the fact that this IS a sunscreen, and the consistency of the product.

Will I buy it again? We shall see...
I'm kind of keen on the whole B.B.thing now but I am curious as to what other brands could provide that this one doesn't. For a yard person/gardener/fisher gal though, this product will get continued testing to see how it works under intense pressure, i.e. sweating, sun. The instructions do specify to reapply the product after a few hours which seems like a bit much for someone like myself who spends more time with dirt and fish guts on their hands come spring/summer than diddling around with worrying about my makeup.

This review period is far from over...stay tuned!
Divya R.
My first BB cream was by Ponds. After sometime, i couldn't find Ponds anywhere so switched to Garnier.
I feel that sometimes it clumps up, and makes my skin oily onmost of the days. My skin type is dry and yet I feel oily after using this product. So I can only imagine what it would do to people with oily skin!!!
It doesn't do a great job in concealing my small blemishes either and I will not be buying this product again. Garnier Skinactive 5-in-1 Skin Perfector BB Cream
Jessica L.
Chelmsford, MA
I am in love with this product. Everytime I run out I order more on Amazon.. like that in love. It is easy to apply and blend in the morning and it blends seamlessly into my summer tan (I get it a few shades darker than my normal skin tone). It also smells amazing and doesn't sweat off or come off when jumping into the pool. This is one of my go tos that I recommend to anyone starting out with makeup as well because of the light coverage it gives.
Lexi R.
Crest Hill, IL
Pros: medium coverage, easy to blend, luminous finish, buildable
Cons: oxidizes, thick

This is a pretty standard, nice BB Cream. It has a thick texture, but it's easy to be sheered out with a damp beauty blender or your fingers. It has a luminous-natural finish and looks as if you're not wearing makeup. However, it oxidizes pretty badly and there's only a couple shades, so it's hard to find a shade that suits you if you're very pale or very dark.
Michelle K.
Camby, IN
This is by far my favorite bb cream. I use it as a foundation in the summer when I can't handle heavy foundations. It provides wonderful coverage however doesn't feel like your wearing anything. This is about 14 dollars but usually lasts me 6 months or more with every day use. Which makes this a great product at a great price.
Tracy S.
Las Vegas, NV
I simply had to try the Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB when I saw that they had one for combination/oily skin. After trying other BB creams, I didn't like that they were too dewy for me. I like more of a matte look to my skin.

I have been wearing it for a few days now and here's my opinion: OK, not a life changing "miracle", but I kind of like it. The color (light/medium) is a tad dark and a little too beige for me, so I have to use it sparingly and blend well down my neck. Most BB Creams are supposed to be used very sparingly anyway. It does feel like more of a light coverage foundation. My skin looks very pretty with it on and I did set it lightly with a loose translucent powder. I wore it out one day and got caught in a rainstorm and it seemed to hold up pretty well, my hair was another story. My only note of caution is that some users with very sensitive skin have reported that this product was irritating to them. I haven't experienced any blemishes or itchiness, but it did sting ever-so-slightly around my eyes for a few minutes after application, then it went away with no further stinging for the rest of the day.

The texture is not thick at all, not what I would call a "cream" but more of a liquid. You have to be careful when dispensing it from the bottle, a lot can come out at once. The smell is alright, it doesn't really bother me. After it sets on the skin I can't smell it.

While this product may not be technically a true BB Cream like the real ones sold in Korea, I will continue to use this bottle of Garnier Skin Renew BB Cream for combination/oily skin.
Reagan H.
Tuscaloosa, AL
I use this stuff everyday and is one of the best drugstore BB creams I've found. It isn't cake and provides an even coverage. The only thing is it doesn't last all day. If I use in the morning, I usually have to reapply if I have plans again that night. It does leave my skin bright and moisturized though!
Meagan D.
Dalton, GA
Bzzagent sent me a free bottle of Garnier’s B.B. Cream in Light/Medium shade to try out. I must say, I’m not a fan of Garnier, but I do like this product.

My face is naturally oily, so oil-free is a must. I have been using it for about a week, and it has not caused any breakouts at all. I’m pleasantly surprised by that.

I tried this alone, without putting on concealer or primer first like I usually do, and I wasn’t happy. I tried it like a primer/concealer since it says it’s a skin perfector. It’s not that, for sure. My acne still showed through and I still had dark circles under my eyes. I also tried to put my regular foundation on top of it, and then my powder, and I looked like a carrot. There was just too much going on. And my anti-redness primer was not being used, so it didn’t really correct that either.

So, I tried again the next day with a different approach. I applied my anti-redness primer and concealer as usual. Instead of using my revlon airbrush ready photofinish mousse foundation, I just used the Garnier BB cream instead. It was a noticeable difference. The mousse foundation just coats my face, and you can see the discrepancies and the BB Cream, covers my face… and my issues.. Including my large pores.

I was also thoroughly impressed with how little it takes to do your face. I constantly find myself squirting more to even out my face with my mousse foundation. The BB cream takes a couple of drops. It’s very impressive and in the long run, helps you save money since you can be so conservative with it.

So, Garnier BB cream, you have officially earned your place amoung my daily cosmetics and effectively kicked out my mousse foundation.

The price point is about $12.99 suggested retail and with as little as I have to use, I feel that’s completely fair- price wise.

So, if you’re skeptical about BB Cream, I recommend giving Garnier a try with an open mind.
Chelsea G.
Roscoe, IL
I recently purchased this in the clearance section at Walmart for $5. It's a large tube of product, so I thought the price would be worth it to try. I like the coverage and the color but the finish is a "dewy" "fresh" look and I prefer matte. I usually just throw a translucent powder over top of it and it mattes down to a bearable finish. I don't know how much it is full price. Smell great too ☺️
Raysha L.
North Bergen, NJ
Has anyone with sensitive or acne prone skin used this product?
Erica C.
Tustin, CA
Good or not
Heather M.
How does this product compare to competitors bb creams?
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Did this product give you full coverage?
Lisa S.
How well is the coverage?