BY GARNIER #9 in BB Cream

• So would this be good and light for oily skin in the summer ?? Wo...3 Answers
  • Quise probar su producto de bbcream me gusto el aroma y la textur...1 Answers
Emily W.
Atlanta, GA
3-Star product for me. I felt like after a few hours it was almost all off my face and left me looking slightly orange.

However, I gave the product to my mom (this was years ago) and she has repurchased ever since. So probably a good product but for certain skin types. She is tan (whereas I am pale) and has very normal skin (whereas mine is textbook combo). If you have skin more aligned with that this might be a great product for you.
Jennifer A.
It's hard to find a good product at an affordable price, but I stumbled into Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector Daily Moisture BB Cream at Walmart and gave it a try. It immediately fulfilled my expectations with just one use, perfect coverage for skin that looks naturally more even and smooth. The lightweight, comfortable texture blends perfectly into skin for a sheer flawless finish. I love it!
Kayla C.
Waymart, PA
I would never never ever use this product again sorry but it is so oily and cake like on my skin. When I had used this product it smelled good but like earthy and clay. The bottle made think that this would be great to fix any imperfections like my uneven blotchy skin  but it just brought out how oily my skin is and gave me this orange tint. Since I have oily skin I probably should have used something more for my skins needs. I gave this two stars because the way the bottle looks and smells.
Karla M.
Raleigh, NC
This product smells amazing, has SPF, and applies really well. You don't need much to cover the face, and it builds really well. My skin is significantly lighter than the light/medium shade out of the bottle but it seems to adjust as I apply it. It gives a dewy, flawless look to the skin. My only complaint is that it can get a bit patchy and wear off as the day goes on.
Gretel L.
Pueblo, CO
This BB cream is good. I used it for a really long time when I was in a hurry going to work and couldn't properly apply makeup. It's good for oily skin not sure how this works on other skin type and its SPF which is a bonus. This doesn't really last long and I stopped using it when they changed the formula and added a horrible smell to it. I was super upset and had to start using the Maybelline Dream BB cream which didn't have as much product as this. Its the best BB cream I've found.
Casey J.
Columbus, OH
First off this BB cream blew me away. As it was the first time I ever used a BB cream I can sure see what benefits I was missing out on. Anytime I apply it I get smooth coverage yes with the occasional cracks here and there but other than that I really don't break out like I used to before skinactive. I think this product is worth the expense for all the good it does for your skin. I'd tell anyone who hasn't tried it to at least try it once before they make a descision.
Emily A.
Mogadore, OH
You get a ton of product for the price and a little goes a long way. It is very moisturizing, and the coverage is buildable to medium. It doesn't really agree with moisturizer applied before so I recommend using it on its own with concealer where necessary for the best result.
Micaela D.
I love the Garnier Skinactive 5 in 1 Skin Perfector BB cream! I am always looking to add SPF into my beauty routine, so when I saw the opportunity to do so I took it. This BB cream has medium coverage, and helps even out my skin tone. What I like most about this BB cream is that, unlike other BB creams I have tried, it does not clog my pores!
Morgan P.
Grain Valley, MO
This stuff is great for the summertime it has and SPF of 20 I believe. It medium coverage it covers everything that I needed to cover without me looking cakey. It is a little liquidy but I don't mind it I kind a like you like that better. The stuff is super lightweight I can't even tell there's anything on my face but it does need to be set or will move around. Just reading the back and it said you should reapply every two hours but I don't it's just fine.
Amy B.
Roscoe, IL
Yes - ANOTHER product review! You're probably thinking all I do is sit around and review products all day but that isn't true!

Today we are going to be chatting about Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector Oil-Free B.B. Cream.

God's honest truth: I had barely heard of a B.B cream until recently when every drug store and retail outlet under the sun started pushing the stuff like crazy. Apparently everyone but me was in on this stuff. I have been a dedicated Almay Smart Shade tinted moisturizer user for years so I was skeptical when I received my Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector Oil-Free B.B. Cream in the mail. I still was not really clear on what "B.B." even meant so I did a bit of research. "B.B." means beauty balm so the full name means a Beauty Balm Cream. Alrighty then...

It is also worth mentioning that I'm a 32 year old woman who breaks out like a hormonal, sweaty, and oily teenager. My skin is worse now than it was when I was a teen. I do use prescription acne medication daily but I keep my face wash pretty simple: Dove Beauty Bar. That's it. For me to chance some bad reactions with a new product is a BIG deal but for BzzAgent...I thought 'why not?'

The claims about the Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector Oil-Free B.B. Cream are pretty clear and concise. I am going to list the claim for your followed by my thought on the claim:

1) Controls shine
My experience? Yep! The product delivers and keeps oil and shine at bay for several hours. Almost all day. The performance of the oil-free awesomeness was enough alone to beat the pants off of my usual Almay. I was sold on the product just for that alone. But there is much more...

2) Mimimizes pores
I guess. I dunno. The product is touted as a *sunscreen* (I will get to that in a bit) however it really acts more like a mineral makeup in all aspects. The coverage is pretty darn good with this product when blended well. Does it minimize my pores? If I cannot see them as much is that the same as minimizing them? No. But it does cover them up well. I will take it.

3) Evens skin tone
This is where you need to watch out. There are only a small handful of jumbled shades available. I am extremely fair and I found even the lightest available shade to be almost too pinky/dark for me, however, when used in a small amount and blended well the product does even skin tone very well. Just watch out...this poorly designed tube combined with an extremely runny product (like...this is no where NEAR a cream texture) can make for a heavy pour. Tip and squeeze the tube sparingly or your will have B.B. everywhere.

4) Hydrates
Ummmm...oil-free and hydrates? Sorry - no. This product tends to make my dry areas more dry. Moving on...

5) Protects with SPF 20
Sure. Why not? The package says so, right? As I mentioned earlier this product actually states that it is a SUNSCREEN. Talk about confusing...geeze.

The product is a dichotomy at best:
A "cream" that is extremely runny.
Controls shine, but is touted as being hydrating.
Minimizes pores but only with coverage it seems.
And my favorite: this is not even a MAKE UP or traditional B.B. Cream. It is a tinted sunscreen. The BzzAgent literature says nothing about this product being a sunscreen. It says it contains SPF but not that it is a sunscreen. The actual tube and box DO say it but keep the information hidden pretty well so I have no idea what these folks are trying to pull. I am all for SPF protection but I am still a little concerned about the labeling and marketing of this product.

My impression: It didn't make me breakout any worse than I already do but it also did not prevent blemishes either. My shine is under control. It is lightweight but requires some quick hands and intense blending. My skin tone looks great after application and it appears even and somewhat glowing. I do not use as much concealer when I am using this product and I have gone down to only using primer on my eyelids. The product makes a great base for the rest of my makeup.

Otherwise...meh. It costs about $12.99 at mass retailers which is a steal for the size of the product if you can manage to keep the bulk of the product from running out into your sink, onto your counter tops, and out into the cap of the tube which tends to collect a rather oddly large amount of this incognito sunscreen.

Would I pay $12.99 for this product?
1) I pay retail for nothing.
2) The product works but it needs work itself...like a lot of work. Particularly on making more shades available, being more clear in its marketing and product labeling about the fact that this IS a sunscreen, and the consistency of the product.

Will I buy it again? We shall see...
I'm kind of keen on the whole B.B.thing now but I am curious as to what other brands could provide that this one doesn't. For a yard person/gardener/fisher gal though, this product will get continued testing to see how it works under intense pressure, i.e. sweating, sun. The instructions do specify to reapply the product after a few hours which seems like a bit much for someone like myself who spends more time with dirt and fish guts on their hands come spring/summer than diddling around with worrying about my makeup.

This review period is far from over...stay tuned!
Raysha L.
North Bergen, NJ
Has anyone with sensitive or acne prone skin used this product?
Erica C.
Tustin, CA
Good or not
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Did this product give you full coverage?
Heather M.
How does this product compare to competitors bb creams?
Lisa S.
How well is the coverage?