BY GARNIER #14 in BB Cream

• Did this product give you full coverage?22 Answers
  • So would this be good and light for oily skin in the summer ?? Wo...3 Answers
  • Quise probar su producto de bbcream me gusto el aroma y la textur...1 Answers
Garnier Skinactive 5-in-1 Skin Perfector BB Cream
  • "i really did enjoy this product! for a bb cream, it had a great amount of coverage and i was pleasantly surprised by that. of course, if you have oily skin keep in mind that this will not dry down like a matte foundation would. but if you are someone who has dry skin, this would be perfect. the only reason i didn't give it 5 stars was because the color selection wasn't as great as i would like, i couldn't find a perfect shade because i was too light for medium but too dark for the lighter shade up. it also smells really good and clean! " in 488 reviews
Allie M.
Auburn, AL
I bought this product thinking it would work well with my dry/combination skin. Initially I liked it. It goes on smooth and provides coverage comparable to a tinted moisturizer. I was also interested in all the skin care claims this product made. Unfortunately, this product tends to be greasy even on dry skin. The longer I wore it, the greasier it became. I also had issues with it oxidizing and turning an orangey color on my face. This product is good in theory but the formula needs work. Also, as someone with dry skin having issues with this appearing greasy and shiny, I would not recommend this for anyone with oily skin. I didn't hate it but I won't be buying it again and have since found something I am much happier with. (Olay Total Effects CC Cream)
Lory V.
This product did not work well with my skin. It looked very bad. I heard it a very good product but it just didn't work out for my skin type. Also the color options were not very helpful. I got the shade to light and the next shade was to dark.
Alyssa L.
Watertown, MA
I love this BB cream! It's the first that I tried. I have since gotten another more expensive one because I became too tan over the summer for this one, but I can definitely say that the more expensive one is not as good! This one gives great coverage to the point where I saw myself in the mirror and thought that I looked airbrushed! It makes my skin flawless looking. However, if you have dry skin, it will highlight that. I suddenly had dry flakes of skin that I didn't know about! So, it's important to use a good moisturizer with it because it is not very moisturizing. I also have very oily skin on my forehead and unfortunately this didn't do much to control the oil there. I have found that if I use it along with my pore refiner that I use to control oil, that together my skin looks awesome! I definitely recommend it if oil and dry flakes aren't a problem. However, I would love to find something that will moisturize more and really control my oil slick!
Emily G.
After reading the reviews on this I opted to try it as a drugstore go to when I can't afford my higher brand favorite Shiseido BB cream.

My initial issue. The scent. It is a clean scent, however, it was just a little too "perfume-y clean" for my taste. I did eventually get past this, but the formula just wasn't right. It was great for my dry skin but it did cause a bit of irritation to my skin and a bit of a rash at times. The color was okay. I wear a light/medium so the color was decent. Unfortunately I just couldn't get past these issues and felt pretty disappointed.

I think I will stick with Maybelline's bb cream which seems to work way better in my opinion.
Deanne K.
This makes my skin look "glowy," not too made-up, and gives me the comfort of knowing it has SPF covering my skin. I have combo skin, and it works well. I wish it covered just a little better, but really I don't want to use a full foundation, so I can't complain! I haven't noticed it making my skin any healthier, but I don't use it regularly enough for that to happen. I would recommend as a light-weight, light-coverage option to smooth out your skin and make you look awake and aglow!
Madeline H.
Palm Bch Gdns, FL
My favorite BB cream of all time is the CVS one. I believe they have discontinued it so I have desperately been looking for products similar and this is the closest thing I've found. I still not in love with it and miss my CVS one, but it is better than the maybellien one in my opinion. The CVS one was able to match my skin tone no matter if I was tan or not and this one fails to do that. The texture is also different and I prefer the CVS texture, but this one is okay (it's thicker).
April Y.
This is probably the drugstore best bb cream that worked for me, but it was still a disappointment. I got the one targeted for oily/combo skin but it didn't keep me matte whatsoever. It also made me shiny within 3-4 hrs and the coverage started to fade which my blemishes started to show. I recommend this for the ones who have a even non-blemish complexion and don't have so much to cover. since this is a light-medium coverage. The color payoff seems do-able and I got the light-medium.
Cori C.
I found this at TJ Maxx for about $3, so I figured it was worth a shot. After using it, I will definitely pay full price for it in the future. It's great for every day use, and gives me just enough coverage to even out and brighten up my skin without looking caked on. It has a nice light smell to it too. Almost reminds me of cucumber. And the fact that it helps fight my acne is a major plus!
Laura N.
Logan, UT
Loved it! Was a little darker than I expected, but overall, I liked it because it didn't sink into my pores and feel heavy like other bb creams. I'm a redhead so my skin is always burning, but I never got a sunburn while using this! Recommend!
Carlyanna M.
Chula Vista, CA
I think that Garnier was too hasty to put this product out and didn't test it at all. I have combo/oily skin and within about 45 seconds after applying, this turns into the most emollient mess ever. I don't have the oiliest skin ever, but this stuff sure makes it look that way.
As for coverage, it's pretty light. However, I have seen better coverage from BB creams both at the drugstore and department store levels.
I'm also not a fan of the overly strong scent. It doesn't mess with me beyond being bothersome to my nose, but I can't see it sitting well with sensitive skinned people.
The only things that this product has going for it is that it is a) moisturizing and b) has a lot of product in comparison to other BB creams.
Unless you have very dry skin or if you don't mind packing on the mattefying powder, I would skip this one.
Raysha L.
North Bergen, NJ
Has anyone with sensitive or acne prone skin used this product?
Erica C.
Tustin, CA
Good or not
Heather M.
How does this product compare to competitors bb creams?
Marie T.
Did this product give you full coverage?
Lisa S.
How well is the coverage?