BY GARNIER #9 in BB Cream

• So would this be good and light for oily skin in the summer ?? Wo...3 Answers
  • Quise probar su producto de bbcream me gusto el aroma y la textur...1 Answers
Mary V.
Lake Wales, FL
I received the Garnier Oil-free BB Cream in my color- light to medium product for free for trial purposes. My skin type is primarily combination with the typical oily t-zone, but it turns dry and somewhat flaky in winter. I also usually like my foundations with at least a medium coverage and always use a primer or a moisturizer underneath for staying power.
The first time that I used the Garnier BB cream, I applied it without a moisturizer or primer directly to my skin with my fingers and it spread easily, but in the few seconds that it took to spread the cream, it vanished completely! To my surprise, it had a lot more coverage than I was expecting and definitely more than Maybelline or L'oreal BB creams (which work better as primers anyway). The slight redness that I have around my nose and on my chin, my mild dark circles all concealed! I also didn't need a setting powder because it was as matte as it gets, but in a nice non-shiny way. Four hours past- no shine or grease and my skin looked healtheir as the BB cream was absorbed by my skin.
The second time that I used this cream, I had to apply an oil free moisturizer underneath as my skin was dry and the BB cream spread better for obvious reasons. I did see some mild shine on my forehead by 3 hours post but owed it to the moisturizer I wore underneath, which I wouldn't be wearing when the weather gets warmer.
This Garnier BB cream is exactly what I would want to use in Summer because it's easy and because of its SPF 15. If I needed more coverage than it already gives me, I would use a concealer on those spots only.
Rena A.
Riverview, FL
I got this in the mail as a free sample...
use it and I am hooked. I am 40 years old and I started seeing the fine lines around my mouth and eyes. I got my sample and thought what the heck I would give it a try. I am so glad I did. The fine lines have started to disappear. It's not an overnight process, but it's not a months process and you get discouraged.
I recommend this products to ladies 40 and over .
Jessica I.
Carson, CA
I love this product. its amazing I use it everyday! I have an oily face and this keeps my face oil free and actually helps cover my acne ! recommend it 100%!!!!!!
somer c.
Vancouver, WA
I haven't tried any other bb creams yet, so I have nothing to compare this to, but I like it just fine. I think the smell is pleasant. It is a bit greasy at first, but I just cover it with loose powder and its all good. I have REALLY rosy cheeks so this does a good job of covering that enough so I don't Constantly look like I'm blushing and evens out my skin tone, plus it has a bit of a bronzer effect. Its easy to use and works well, but I only wear it when I'm going out, not an everyday item.
Kasey V.
Santa Clarita, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I honestly had high hopes for this BB however I was very disappointed. It was thick but did not stay on my face for more than a few hours. Not even enough time for one of my classes. The coverage isn't super great but okay for a tinted moisturizer. The colors don't match me very well and I personally won't be wasting more money on this BB cream.
Renata L.
Bloomfield, NJ
I like this BB cream because it does give me more coverage than the tinted moisturizer I used previously. I also think it stays on for a good time. Cons, there are only 2 shade selections & of course I'm in between. Also, even though I used the combo formula on my oily skin, it feels dry in the morning & then oily at night. It does breakup as the day goes on
Kaily B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is not my favorite BB cream but I do use it. It is rather thick but the coverage is rather thin. You will get a nice tint from it though so if you don't have much to hide but want a little color then go for it.
Jennifer C.
Sanford, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
This BB offers just the right amount of coverage. It's better than a tinted moisturizer. I have very fair & oily skin, so the cream didn't work out well for me. It was too heavy & left me a little too orange. That is a common problem for me though. I think it would work well for people w normal to dry skin.
Kathryn O.
Madison, Wi
I like the BB cream from Garnier enough to use it but I am not sure if I would repurchase it. I think that sometimes it looks great on my skin and other times it makes my face really greasy. The smell is also a little off putting but the coverage is pretty good for being a glorified tinted moisturizer. I do recommend it but do have want to say that it may or may not work for you depending on your skin type.
Ling K.
Brooklyn, NY
This moisturizer has SPF 15 and I have it in the light/medium shade. Each tube is 2.5 oz or 75 ml, and that's a pretty big amount compared to other moisturizers, which are usually only 1 oz. I have used a fair amount of this tube already, but I have to say that it is not recommended for the summertime if you have oily skin. When it's humid, it makes it feel like you have an extra layer of skin on, and that's not a good feeling. I've read since that there is a version for oily skin so you may want to look into that if this doesn't sound good to you. It is kinda strange but only around my nose area, it doesn't blend well into my skin as with the rest of my face and you can clearly tell I have something on because it looks cakey. I have to mix it with another moisturizer for it to look more natural.

There is a light coverage, which I wish could be more heavier because I usually don't want to do a whole face routine in the morning, I just want to do moisturizer and go. Therefore, the light coverage does not cover my dark circles when I wish it would. There is a pleasant scent to the product which I can't really describe, but I like it, not overwhelming or having a sunscreen smell. Overall, I would only use it sparingly in the cold winter months, and would not purchase this in the future because I don't like the heavy face feeling. I might try the one for non-oily skin if I see it for a good price.
Amanda M.
Does this BB Cream seem to liquidy to you?
Trysta A.
Mc Farland, CA
Does anyone else have a problem with leakage? Sometimes when I open the lid the BB cream starts spilling out of the tube and makes a big mess!
Teresa M.
Gainesville, FL
I am considering buying this BB cream, I've seen that it has better coverage than many other bb creams, is this true? or do I have to build up coverage?
Zhanna V.
Inman, SC
So how do you guys like this product?
Elena M.
Palm Bay, FL
I've been looking for a BB cream for the summer and weekend where I don't have to put so much makeup on. Something that has medium coverage but won't break me out. Is this product good for acne prone skin? Is is light?