BY GARNIER #8 in BB Cream

• Did this product give you full coverage?22 Answers
Kelsie K.
Kelsie K.
Anderson, IN
I love this product you can wear it under other makeup or by itself and looks great
Amy Y.
Amy Y.
Wichita Falls, TX
Love the original version for days when I just want a light coverage. The anti-aging version is awful though. I get greasy and the smell is so strong.
Simona Z.
Simona Z.
Bloomfld Hls, MI
So great, covers blemishes, and is my favorite bb cream yet! Good for all types of skin, its worked on all of my friends as well!
emily v.
emily v.
I love this product! still have till this day! so light weighted and I never used powder to set it off just put the foundation on looks amazing already!
Darlene R.
Darlene R.
I was given a full size of this product through a service that lets you try products and give your feedback. I was sent the "light" color version, which sounds like it might be close to my skin color, as I have fair skin. This stuff was a horrible color. It was so ORANGEy and dark. It was way to dark to be for a "light" skin tone.
Elena R.
Elena R.
Lake Mary, FL
My skin looks so much smoothr and fresher every time I use it. I do not even have to use foundation. This cream is a miracle cream and I love it1
Kristina H.
Kristina H.
Pottstown, PA
I have been using Garnier Oil-Free B.B. Creme (For Combination to oily skin types) for about two weeks. My skin looks fantastic - it's smoothr. I'm not breaking out like I used to with my old makeup and my pores are smaller. I also have been noticing that it really help control the oil on my face so I'm not getting that mid day shine half way through the day bonus contains SPF 20, too. Tip: make sure to use a little at a time and blend it in because a little goes a long way and using too much can make it too dark for fair skin.
Amy B.
Amy B.
Roscoe, IL
Yes - ANOTHER product review! You're probably thinking all I do is sit around and review products all day but that isn't true!

Today we are going to be chatting about Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector Oil-Free B.B. Cream.

God's honest truth: I had barely heard of a B.B cream until recently when every drug store and retail outlet under the sun started pushing the stuff like crazy. Apparently everyone but me was in on this stuff. I have been a dedicated Almay Smart Shade tinted moisturizer user for years so I was skeptical when I received my Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector Oil-Free B.B. Cream in the mail. I still was not really clear on what "B.B." even meant so I did a bit of research. "B.B." means beauty balm so the full name means a Beauty Balm Cream. Alrighty then...

It is also worth mentioning that I'm a 32 year old woman who breaks out like a hormonal, sweaty, and oily teenager. My skin is worse now than it was when I was a teen. I do use prescription acne medication daily but I keep my face wash pretty simple: Dove Beauty Bar. That's it. For me to chance some bad reactions with a new product is a BIG deal but for BzzAgent...I thought 'why not?'

The claims about the Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector Oil-Free B.B. Cream are pretty clear and concise. I am going to list the claim for your followed by my thought on the claim:

1) Controls shine
My experience? Yep! The product delivers and keeps oil and shine at bay for several hours. Almost all day. The performance of the oil-free awesomeness was enough alone to beat the pants off of my usual Almay. I was sold on the product just for that alone. But there is much more...

2) Mimimizes pores
I guess. I dunno. The product is touted as a *sunscreen* (I will get to that in a bit) however it really acts more like a mineral makeup in all aspects. The coverage is pretty darn good with this product when blended well. Does it minimize my pores? If I cannot see them as much is that the same as minimizing them? No. But it does cover them up well. I will take it.

3) Evens skin tone
This is where you need to watch out. There are only a small handful of jumbled shades available. I am extremely fair and I found even the lightest available shade to be almost too pinky/dark for me, however, when used in a small amount and blended well the product does even skin tone very well. Just watch out...this poorly designed tube combined with an extremely runny product (like...this is no where NEAR a cream texture) can make for a heavy pour. Tip and squeeze the tube sparingly or your will have B.B. everywhere.

4) Hydrates
Ummmm...oil-free and hydrates? Sorry - no. This product tends to make my dry areas more dry. Moving on...

5) Protects with SPF 20
Sure. Why not? The package says so, right? As I mentioned earlier this product actually states that it is a SUNSCREEN. Talk about confusing...geeze.

The product is a dichotomy at best:
A "cream" that is extremely runny.
Controls shine, but is touted as being hydrating.
Minimizes pores but only with coverage it seems.
And my favorite: this is not even a MAKE UP or traditional B.B. Cream. It is a tinted sunscreen. The BzzAgent literature says nothing about this product being a sunscreen. It says it contains SPF but not that it is a sunscreen. The actual tube and box DO say it but keep the information hidden pretty well so I have no idea what these folks are trying to pull. I am all for SPF protection but I am still a little concerned about the labeling and marketing of this product.

My impression: It didn't make me breakout any worse than I already do but it also did not prevent blemishes either. My shine is under control. It is lightweight but requires some quick hands and intense blending. My skin tone looks great after application and it appears even and somewhat glowing. I do not use as much concealer when I am using this product and I have gone down to only using primer on my eyelids. The product makes a great base for the rest of my makeup.

Otherwise...meh. It costs about $12.99 at mass retailers which is a steal for the size of the product if you can manage to keep the bulk of the product from running out into your sink, onto your counter tops, and out into the cap of the tube which tends to collect a rather oddly large amount of this incognito sunscreen.

Would I pay $12.99 for this product?
1) I pay retail for nothing.
2) The product works but it needs work itself...like a lot of work. Particularly on making more shades available, being more clear in its marketing and product labeling about the fact that this IS a sunscreen, and the consistency of the product.

Will I buy it again? We shall see...
I'm kind of keen on the whole B.B.thing now but I am curious as to what other brands could provide that this one doesn't. For a yard person/gardener/fisher gal though, this product will get continued testing to see how it works under intense pressure, i.e. sweating, sun. The instructions do specify to reapply the product after a few hours which seems like a bit much for someone like myself who spends more time with dirt and fish guts on their hands come spring/summer than diddling around with worrying about my makeup.

This review period is far from over...stay tuned!
Adelina R.
Adelina R.
Cecilia, KY
I like the product it has medium coverage best if apply with fingers. I can't say it keeps me matte as it says. It is very running and it leaked all over.
Corinne C.
Corinne C.
Richmond, VA
This was the first and only BB cream Ive ever tried so I may be biased but I have to say I love this product! I was so shocked at how well it covers my skin without making my face feel oily and like it cant breathe. I even use it just as concealer sometimes..I love this product!
Raysha L.
Raysha L.
North Bergen, NJ
Has anyone with sensitive or acne prone skin used this product?
Erica C.
Erica C.
Tustin, CA
Good or not
Heather M.
Heather M.
How does this product compare to competitors bb creams?
Marie T.
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Did this product give you full coverage?
Lisa S.
Lisa S.
How well is the coverage?