BY GARNIER #9 in BB Cream

• So would this be good and light for oily skin in the summer ?? Wo...3 Answers
  • Quise probar su producto de bbcream me gusto el aroma y la textur...1 Answers
Alyssa L.
Watertown, MA
I love this BB cream! It's the first that I tried. I have since gotten another more expensive one because I became too tan over the summer for this one, but I can definitely say that the more expensive one is not as good! This one gives great coverage to the point where I saw myself in the mirror and thought that I looked airbrushed! It makes my skin flawless looking. However, if you have dry skin, it will highlight that. I suddenly had dry flakes of skin that I didn't know about! So, it's important to use a good moisturizer with it because it is not very moisturizing. I also have very oily skin on my forehead and unfortunately this didn't do much to control the oil there. I have found that if I use it along with my pore refiner that I use to control oil, that together my skin looks awesome! I definitely recommend it if oil and dry flakes aren't a problem. However, I would love to find something that will moisturize more and really control my oil slick!
Nelda G.
Love the feel can wear this under makeup and not look cakey i wear it alone can't figure the whole make up thing now theres baking what the i m lost at putting on make up at least with this it gives the right coverage without all the foundation
Nina S.
I'm so glad they made one for oily skin - because I don't think I would be able to use the regular one. My skin is super oily, and especially in the summer time it can be hard to keep the shine away. This does instantly mattify, and it does have a decent amount of coverage that would work wonders for someone without any major issues. I have acne prone skin, and have a lot of discoloration and scarring. This is perfect for when I don't want to hide absolutely every flaw on my face. It's quick and easy to use as well.

The only negative is the tube/packaging. It does get a bit messy. The product is very liquidy so it tends to make kind of a mess in the cap.
Lory V.
This product did not work well with my skin. It looked very bad. I heard it a very good product but it just didn't work out for my skin type. Also the color options were not very helpful. I got the shade to light and the next shade was to dark.
Allie M.
Auburn, AL
I bought this product thinking it would work well with my dry/combination skin. Initially I liked it. It goes on smooth and provides coverage comparable to a tinted moisturizer. I was also interested in all the skin care claims this product made. Unfortunately, this product tends to be greasy even on dry skin. The longer I wore it, the greasier it became. I also had issues with it oxidizing and turning an orangey color on my face. This product is good in theory but the formula needs work. Also, as someone with dry skin having issues with this appearing greasy and shiny, I would not recommend this for anyone with oily skin. I didn't hate it but I won't be buying it again and have since found something I am much happier with. (Olay Total Effects CC Cream)
Grace C.
Lowell, MA
This has been my go-to BB cream for years! It does have a strong scent when applying, but goes away quickly once applied. The coverage is definitely light, but perfect for everyday.
Laura N.
Logan, UT
Loved it! Was a little darker than I expected, but overall, I liked it because it didn't sink into my pores and feel heavy like other bb creams. I'm a redhead so my skin is always burning, but I never got a sunburn while using this! Recommend!
Carlyanna M.
Chula Vista, CA
I think that Garnier was too hasty to put this product out and didn't test it at all. I have combo/oily skin and within about 45 seconds after applying, this turns into the most emollient mess ever. I don't have the oiliest skin ever, but this stuff sure makes it look that way.
As for coverage, it's pretty light. However, I have seen better coverage from BB creams both at the drugstore and department store levels.
I'm also not a fan of the overly strong scent. It doesn't mess with me beyond being bothersome to my nose, but I can't see it sitting well with sensitive skinned people.
The only things that this product has going for it is that it is a) moisturizing and b) has a lot of product in comparison to other BB creams.
Unless you have very dry skin or if you don't mind packing on the mattefying powder, I would skip this one.
Lindsey K.
Woodbridge, NJ
I think a lot of people are ignoring the fact that this product is not foundation. It is not supposed to give you full coverage. It's basically a tinted moisturizer that helps skin tone even over time. If you have issues with this being oily, use a setting powder over it. Problem solved. Also, don't use so much of it. This product does not promise coverage. The product, for me, did even my skin tone A LOT over the course of about a month using it only sometimes under my makeup. I used it as a base then did concealer and then a powder. If something isn't makeup, you can't grade it on its ability to do what makeup is supposed to do. I don't know about making your skin look better after the first use but this product does work.
Alisha A.
I used to LOVE this product before I tried others and now I still own it but it's not my go-to anymore.... it has good coverage, but not full, as you wouldn't expect a BB to have. It only has 2 tones so it was a bit off for my skin color.
Raysha L.
North Bergen, NJ
Has anyone with sensitive or acne prone skin used this product?
Erica C.
Tustin, CA
Good or not
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Did this product give you full coverage?
Heather M.
How does this product compare to competitors bb creams?
Lisa S.
How well is the coverage?