BY GARNIER #9 in BB Cream

• So would this be good and light for oily skin in the summer ?? Wo...3 Answers
  • Quise probar su producto de bbcream me gusto el aroma y la textur...1 Answers
Buy on Amazon*
Divya R.
My first BB cream was by Ponds. After sometime, i couldn't find Ponds anywhere so switched to Garnier.
I feel that sometimes it clumps up, and makes my skin oily onmost of the days. My skin type is dry and yet I feel oily after using this product. So I can only imagine what it would do to people with oily skin!!!
It doesn't do a great job in concealing my small blemishes either and I will not be buying this product again. Garnier Skinactive 5-in-1 Skin Perfector BB Cream
Jessica L.
Chelmsford, MA
I am in love with this product. Everytime I run out I order more on Amazon.. like that in love. It is easy to apply and blend in the morning and it blends seamlessly into my summer tan (I get it a few shades darker than my normal skin tone). It also smells amazing and doesn't sweat off or come off when jumping into the pool. This is one of my go tos that I recommend to anyone starting out with makeup as well because of the light coverage it gives.
Cari K.
Maryville, MO
I like to use this product in the summer when its hot out and when my skin doesn't need much coverage (aka when I'm pimple free and have a little suntan). I use it as a moisturizer with a tint of color and it works well for the purpose. However, this is not used for complete coverage and does not apply well on top of concealer (I did that once, never again, it couldn't set into my skin!) I would recommend using this while on summer vacations or at the beach when you don't need to be wearing tons of makeup!
Amy B.
Roscoe, IL
Yes - ANOTHER product review! You're probably thinking all I do is sit around and review products all day but that isn't true!

Today we are going to be chatting about Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector Oil-Free B.B. Cream.

God's honest truth: I had barely heard of a B.B cream until recently when every drug store and retail outlet under the sun started pushing the stuff like crazy. Apparently everyone but me was in on this stuff. I have been a dedicated Almay Smart Shade tinted moisturizer user for years so I was skeptical when I received my Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector Oil-Free B.B. Cream in the mail. I still was not really clear on what "B.B." even meant so I did a bit of research. "B.B." means beauty balm so the full name means a Beauty Balm Cream. Alrighty then...

It is also worth mentioning that I'm a 32 year old woman who breaks out like a hormonal, sweaty, and oily teenager. My skin is worse now than it was when I was a teen. I do use prescription acne medication daily but I keep my face wash pretty simple: Dove Beauty Bar. That's it. For me to chance some bad reactions with a new product is a BIG deal but for BzzAgent...I thought 'why not?'

The claims about the Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector Oil-Free B.B. Cream are pretty clear and concise. I am going to list the claim for your followed by my thought on the claim:

1) Controls shine
My experience? Yep! The product delivers and keeps oil and shine at bay for several hours. Almost all day. The performance of the oil-free awesomeness was enough alone to beat the pants off of my usual Almay. I was sold on the product just for that alone. But there is much more...

2) Mimimizes pores
I guess. I dunno. The product is touted as a *sunscreen* (I will get to that in a bit) however it really acts more like a mineral makeup in all aspects. The coverage is pretty darn good with this product when blended well. Does it minimize my pores? If I cannot see them as much is that the same as minimizing them? No. But it does cover them up well. I will take it.

3) Evens skin tone
This is where you need to watch out. There are only a small handful of jumbled shades available. I am extremely fair and I found even the lightest available shade to be almost too pinky/dark for me, however, when used in a small amount and blended well the product does even skin tone very well. Just watch out...this poorly designed tube combined with an extremely runny product (like...this is no where NEAR a cream texture) can make for a heavy pour. Tip and squeeze the tube sparingly or your will have B.B. everywhere.

4) Hydrates
Ummmm...oil-free and hydrates? Sorry - no. This product tends to make my dry areas more dry. Moving on...

5) Protects with SPF 20
Sure. Why not? The package says so, right? As I mentioned earlier this product actually states that it is a SUNSCREEN. Talk about confusing...geeze.

The product is a dichotomy at best:
A "cream" that is extremely runny.
Controls shine, but is touted as being hydrating.
Minimizes pores but only with coverage it seems.
And my favorite: this is not even a MAKE UP or traditional B.B. Cream. It is a tinted sunscreen. The BzzAgent literature says nothing about this product being a sunscreen. It says it contains SPF but not that it is a sunscreen. The actual tube and box DO say it but keep the information hidden pretty well so I have no idea what these folks are trying to pull. I am all for SPF protection but I am still a little concerned about the labeling and marketing of this product.

My impression: It didn't make me breakout any worse than I already do but it also did not prevent blemishes either. My shine is under control. It is lightweight but requires some quick hands and intense blending. My skin tone looks great after application and it appears even and somewhat glowing. I do not use as much concealer when I am using this product and I have gone down to only using primer on my eyelids. The product makes a great base for the rest of my makeup.

Otherwise...meh. It costs about $12.99 at mass retailers which is a steal for the size of the product if you can manage to keep the bulk of the product from running out into your sink, onto your counter tops, and out into the cap of the tube which tends to collect a rather oddly large amount of this incognito sunscreen.

Would I pay $12.99 for this product?
1) I pay retail for nothing.
2) The product works but it needs work itself...like a lot of work. Particularly on making more shades available, being more clear in its marketing and product labeling about the fact that this IS a sunscreen, and the consistency of the product.

Will I buy it again? We shall see...
I'm kind of keen on the whole B.B.thing now but I am curious as to what other brands could provide that this one doesn't. For a yard person/gardener/fisher gal though, this product will get continued testing to see how it works under intense pressure, i.e. sweating, sun. The instructions do specify to reapply the product after a few hours which seems like a bit much for someone like myself who spends more time with dirt and fish guts on their hands come spring/summer than diddling around with worrying about my makeup.

This review period is far from over...stay tuned!
Julia K.
Roxbury Xing, MA
This may be the best BB cream I have ever used. The color is great for me in the winter and summer, it blends very well with a beauty blender or a brush, and never looks cakey. I apply a primer underneath and set it with Wowder by glossier and it works well with most products. The only downside is that it doesn't control my oil as much as I wish it would, but neither have higher end BB creams. I love the SPF and it is pretty long wearing.
Michelle K.
Camby, IN
This is by far my favorite bb cream. I use it as a foundation in the summer when I can't handle heavy foundations. It provides wonderful coverage however doesn't feel like your wearing anything. This is about 14 dollars but usually lasts me 6 months or more with every day use. Which makes this a great product at a great price.
Lexi R.
Crest Hill, IL
Pros: medium coverage, easy to blend, luminous finish, buildable
Cons: oxidizes, thick

This is a pretty standard, nice BB Cream. It has a thick texture, but it's easy to be sheered out with a damp beauty blender or your fingers. It has a luminous-natural finish and looks as if you're not wearing makeup. However, it oxidizes pretty badly and there's only a couple shades, so it's hard to find a shade that suits you if you're very pale or very dark.
Erica M.
Haddon Township, NJ
Great product if you don't need super heavy coverage. I don't wear alot of makeup but this is definitely my favorite foundation. I don't do heavy cakey makeup. I very much like the way I look I just need some help evening out my skin tone sometimes and this is my go to! It looks like I'm not wearing makeup and it doesn't breakout my skin or cause dry patches. I use it almost year round except for summertime just bc it doesn't last long if your sweating or in water which isn't surprising to me at all.
Tracy S.
Brian Head, UT
I simply had to try the Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB when I saw that they had one for combination/oily skin. After trying other BB creams, I didn't like that they were too dewy for me. I like more of a matte look to my skin.

I have been wearing it for a few days now and here's my opinion: OK, not a life changing "miracle", but I kind of like it. The color (light/medium) is a tad dark and a little too beige for me, so I have to use it sparingly and blend well down my neck. Most BB Creams are supposed to be used very sparingly anyway. It does feel like more of a light coverage foundation. My skin looks very pretty with it on and I did set it lightly with a loose translucent powder. I wore it out one day and got caught in a rainstorm and it seemed to hold up pretty well, my hair was another story. My only note of caution is that some users with very sensitive skin have reported that this product was irritating to them. I haven't experienced any blemishes or itchiness, but it did sting ever-so-slightly around my eyes for a few minutes after application, then it went away with no further stinging for the rest of the day.

The texture is not thick at all, not what I would call a "cream" but more of a liquid. You have to be careful when dispensing it from the bottle, a lot can come out at once. The smell is alright, it doesn't really bother me. After it sets on the skin I can't smell it.

While this product may not be technically a true BB Cream like the real ones sold in Korea, I will continue to use this bottle of Garnier Skin Renew BB Cream for combination/oily skin.
Jordan S.
Little Elm, TX
This stuff has changed my life. My skin is flawed with scars and acne and red spots and this stuff has given me back the confidence that I needed. It goes on well and the coverage is great. Not to mention that it offers protection from the sun! I have been using it for almost a year and I would highly recommend it!
Raysha L.
North Bergen, NJ
Has anyone with sensitive or acne prone skin used this product?
Erica C.
Tustin, CA
Good or not
Heather M.
How does this product compare to competitors bb creams?
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Did this product give you full coverage?
Lisa S.
How well is the coverage?