BY GARNIER #1 in Micellar Water

• How does micellar water differ from any other cleanser?5 Answers
  • What exactly do you guys use this for? Benefits?10 Answers
Buy on Amazon*
Tiyanna H.
This product by Garnier effectively removes makeup. I use it to remove mascara, lipstick, concealer, etc. I purchased this item after buying the Micellar cleansing water for oily skin (green bottle) although both bottles claim to be for sensitive skin, which I have. I can honestly say that it removes makeup thoroughly without having to "scrub" and irritate the skin. These can be found at any local drugstore. I bought mine from CVS for about $8-9. It is 13.5 fluid ounces so the bottle should last at least a few months. I don't wear heavy makeup but what I do wear has been effectively removed with using this cleansing water. I do feel as though my skin is clean after using this. This product did not cause my skin to break out which is a big statement because I have very acne prone, sensitive skin. I highly recommend this product to anyone who wears makeup or anyone who seeks to clean their skin without having to do too much. I also suggest purchasing cotton pads along with the cleansing water.
Hue V.
San Jose, CA
I heard REALLY great things about Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water from Youtubers and friends. A few of them were trusted friends who said they work just as good or on par as the Bioderma one which I LOVE LOVE LOVE! I gave it a try because Bioderma is a little out of the way to purchase (I have to buy it online) as to the Garnier I can go to any place to buy it and its a little bit cheaper or much cheaper when there is a sale.

Here is why I gave it 2 stars...

It just doesn't remove heavy makeup off well, especially my eye makeup as well as my Bioderma. Even if I wore light make up like liquid eyeliner, a little bit of eyeshadow, and mascara, it still doesn't do a great job. I have to let it sit on my eyelids for more than 10-15 seconds to get rid of my eyeshadow, eyeliner, and eyelash glue which takes too long especially when I had a long day, want to wash my face, put my skincare, and go to bed. It also leaves a bit of a sticky feeling to the skin sometimes which makes me want to wash my face immediately.

If you are looking for a micellar cleansing water, check out the Bioderma! But if you can't get your hands on that, this will work but you will definitely have to use a lot and let it soak on your eyelids.
natasha v.
This has become my holy Grail for skin care I had heard about it a lot on social media and on YouTube and I decided I’d would finally get it because every time I use make up remover‘s they usually sting my skin or they burn around my eyes or they make my lips kind of swell I am just really sensitive so I bought this because I heard it was really good as a cleaner to and I often don’t like seeing her having to wash my face with face soap and make a whole mass I just want to something really quick they can freshen up anytime during the day and this one has helped but I noticed that since I started using it my acne which I would say have light to medium at me times cluster acne this has actually made a lot of it go away and I always finish up with their rescueGel cream by their same brand and I’m just notice a huge difference in my skin it smoother it looks clear my pores of gone so much smaller and my redness has gone down a lot I have to say has something to do with this micellar water and they are gel cream because that’s the only thing I changed in my life was my products
Jessica C.
After hearing many good things about Micellar Cleansing Water I couldn’t wait to purchase it and give it a try. I love that it has a very thin consistency and feels like on the skin while removing makeup or traces of the day. The only thing I’ve found is that for use in removing a full face of makeup, it can take some time. Between foundation, eyeshadow and mascara, it can take 5-10 minutes and I will go through 4-5 cotton balls. I like to use a makeup removing wipe and then run a cotton ball or two with the cleansing water over my face afterwards to remove any makeup that may be left over from the wipe. I’ve found that if I use just the cleansing water to clean my face, that it doesn’t necessarily cause a breakout, but it doesn’t prevent one either, and if I use a wipe then the micellar water, I don’t get any breakouts which is a win for me. This bottle lasts for a couple months which is nice, as it can get kind of pricey over time. Overall I would recommend, and I will continue to use as a last step in the process of makeup removal.
Alyssa R.
Boonville, NY
I decided to try the Garnier SkinActive cleansing water after watching YouTubers rave about it. I have really sensitive skin so I was sort of looking for a less harsh makeup remover. This product removes my skin makeup (primer,foundation, concealer, etc) and my eyeshadow amazingly and without effort. The only thing I have any trouble with is my mascara and eyeliner. They have different versions of the product and I think I’m going to try the one for waterproof mascara next. I think it’s the blue one? 🤔 You can get it almost anywhere. I bought mine at dollar general. It’s a little bit pricier than buying makeup wipes. I think I paid 8-9 dollars but it’s worth it in my own opinion. I’m definitely going to keep using it and I recommend that others try it.
Leena C.
I much rather prefer this over ordinary makeup wipes. This takes off my makeup effectively and doesn't leave my face feeling greasy afterward. I hate how some makeup removers leave a greasy film on your skin afterward, but this doesn't do that.

I used to use BioDerma because that was the only micellar water on the market that I could find. I would have to order it online as well since I couldn't find it in a store near me. Which, the list price was pretty expensive to begin with and with the shipping costs, I'd have to pay a pretty penny.

Now that I found this, I don't have to pay nearly as much as I did and I can get it from my local drugstore. Also, I noticed that the BioDerma would bother my eyes sometimes but this doesn't do that.

Overall, I'm very happy with this product and I would highly recommend it!
Marcela O.
I had never tried this product before until I received a trial size from Influenster for complimentary purposes and review. I had read great reviews but had never purchased it because I am loyal to face cleansers. This little oil blew me away because it really did clean off all my makeup and removed all my eye makeup as well. Sometimes my face cleansers don't always remove my eye makeup and I have to go over again with an eye makeup remover but the garnier worked very well so I plan on purchasing a bigger bottle from the drugstore. My only issue with the trial size I received is that it has an cap where the product is supposed to come out, for example for when you squeeze it out onto a cotton pad, but when I do that, nothing comes out. I have to literally unscrew the cap and pour the oil onto a cotton pad.
*I recieved this product complimentary from Influenster for review.
Devon B.
Omaha, NE
I bought a bottle of this at Target two weeks ago, and since then, I have used it everyday to remove my makeup. It cuts right through foundation, powder, eyeshadow, and even mascara. It is more difficult to remove waterproof mascara, but that is to be expected. You don't need to scrub hard to remove your makeup as it literally just slides off. A little bit of this product does go a long way.

The smell is pleasant, and not chemical smelling. The water feels fantastic on sunburned skin, and irritated skin.

I have a few random spots on my face from hormonal breakouts, and this product does not irritate those and make them any worse. It is really gentle on all skin types.

Rachel M.
Grand Blanc,
It took me time to buy into the micellar cleansing water fixation but I’m glad I did. This takes off the heaviest makeup gently, but works great in the morning as well. The ingredients work well on my sensitive skin, and don’t leave me with closed comedones or cystic breakouts. I did try the mattifying version as well, but I found it a bit too drying (no crap, huh). The price is very reasonable for the amount you get, and it lasts for about 3-4 months. You don’t need to use much of it on a cotton round to really pre-cleanse or cleanse the skin. Definitely worth it!
Danielle A.
Playa Del Rey, CA
Personally, I LOVE this product. After moving and having my skin react poorly to a new environment, I decided to try this after hearing so many people rave about it.

It. did. not. disappoint.

I was breaking out frequently, new wrinkles were showing up, and my skin felt both dry and oily all the time before adding this to my routine. Within a week, my skin was looking and feeling infinitely better. Not only do I love how much more hydrated and clean my skin feels, but the ease of using this product can't be beat. Saturate a cotton pad, wipe, and you're good to go!

The only "con" that others have listed is the makeup removing ability. While I will admit that this struggles to take mascara off (primarily waterproof), I personally don't mind and just use an oil-based makeup wipe to remove my eye makeup. I follow this with the micellar water to remove the oil and the rest of my makeup - which works like a charm. I never have to use more than two cotton pads to get all of my makeup off.

At the end of the day, this is a must-have product for me that I won't be deviating from any time soon. It's been a game-changer for me and my dry skin. I'd highly recommend this for people who have similar skin types, especially those with sensitive skin.
Stacy d.
Levittown, PA
Carmen L.
Is the formula oily or is it more like a water?
Glo M.
Wichita Falls, TX
Kodi S.
Fredricton
Worth it? Anyone else like? Just bough and still unsure.
Lysianne S.