BY GARNIER

Clearly Brighter™Your skin's future will look bright with our expert range of daily brightening and smoothing products with Antioxidant Vitamin C. Our formulas work quickly and effectively to help even out tone and texture. Skin is brighter looking--more radiant, smoother with a healthier appearance day after day.Brightening & Smoothing Daily MoisturizerBroad Spectrum SPF 15 Sunscreen.

Designed with our Antioxidant Complex of Vitamin C & E, Pine Bark Essence, and gentle exfoliating Lipo-Hydroxyl Acid (LHA), this fast absorbing, non-greasy formula turns dull, rough skin into smooth, polished-looking skin with a more radiant, even tone.

• How much hydration does this offer? Also would this product work on...4 Answers
  • Does it dry out your skin? 15 Answers
  • Thank God, it doesn't have that stinky sunscreen smell! A little go...7 Answers
Garnier® Skin Active™ Clearly Brighter™ Brightening & Smoothing Daily Moisturizer with Broad Spectrum SPF 15
Kalynn D.
Kalynn D.
Asheville, NC
Garnier's Skin Active Clearly Brightening & Smoothing Daily Moisturizer was the first time I have tried a Garnier product in over 7 years. I had an allergic reaction to one of their facial moisturizers and I haven't used their products in a long time. I was pleasantly surprised with this moisturizer. I did not have any red or itchy skin with it, yay! It comes out of the tube kind of thick and you have to rub it into your skin for a moment but it absorbs almost immediately. The package says 'oil free' and I was most excited about this because I have an oily complexion. Once I rubbed the moisturizer in and let it absorb I felt my face and it had a very smooth feeling that is hard to describe, but almost like if you put baby powder on your skin and really rubbed it in. You would be left with smooth skin with a certain texture, that is the only way I can describe it. I don't usually wear makeup on a daily basis because most of the time it makes my skin feel like it is suffocating, so it's generally just a moisturizer and I will sometimes wear Bare Minerals, but that is rare. I didn't experience shiny-ness on my face like some of the other reviewers said. I think it's going to be a personal experience, as with the majority of skincare products. I was really happy with the Vitamin-C but I expected the product to smell more like citrus and less like a floral fragrance. I would use this product daily and love it even more if they took away the floral smell and gave it a citrus scent. I think it would make a night and day difference to people who complain about the smell. If you can smell it before you buy it, do that because it is the only thing that is a major turn off for me.

I received a sample of this product for free in exchange for an honest review.
Ashley-Rahne M.
Ashley-Rahne M.
This is hands down the best facial moisturizer I've ever used. I've tried a lot and typically tend to opt out of using it altogether because they usually feel greasy or oily - ESPECIALLY ones with sunblock included - and I hate my face feeling any oily than it already is. But with this one, I don't feel that at all! I was a little worried the first time I used it because it has a sunblock consistency when you first squirt it out onto your fingertips, however when I applied it, it absorbed really well almost immediately and within just a few minutes, I couldn't even tell anything was on my face! But, I KNOW it's doing it's job because my skin hasn't dried out and I'm very fair, so when I go out in the sun for a long-ish period of time I can normally feel it and I haven't at all for the past few days. AND, mos importantly, it HAS brightened my skin on top of all that. That affect I noticed immediately, as soon as I applied it for the first time. And I've been using it for a week consecutively (which is the longest I've ever used a facial moisturizer because I've NEVER liked any of them before), and the dark circles under my eyes have even cleared up. I've been looking for a specific eye care product to do just that for month, and here this comes along and does it in a week! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Robyn D.
Robyn D.
Here are a few things to know before you buy this product. A little goes along way for this product. A quarter sized drop with cover you with tons of this product. I have very pale skin, and am not really sure how the brightening part has done, but i would say that my red chin and nose seems to be less red. I would also say this product really keeps me moisturized. I almost love it, but here is the dirt so to say...when i first used this product, it used to rub off or build up around my hairline, that did cause me to get a few pimples on my forehead, but it could have also revealed that my skin is oily in the T zone and just normal every where else, but i really blame the product. The aforementioned is why i only gave this lotion 3 starts, but i would recommend it for daily use, and it did wonderfully under my foundation, but i would not forget primer, as this stuff soaks in really quickly under foundation, but i actually enjoy using the product, and it really does not have a scent, its possibly citrus, and its just a wonderful product, with a great price point. btw this is also OIL FREE, and i think that is why it is so awesome. I would say that moisturizers do not get better than this. Yup totally worth it. just make sure to wash your face every night with this.
Richelle L.
Richelle L.
Columbus, OH
I recently got some samples of this and fell in love with it. I wore it to the zoo on my face ,arms,and shoulders and only put it on twice throughout the day and was surprised I didn't get burned as I'm a redhead and this only has SPF 15 I have used other brands with a higher SPF and was fried when I got home but with this I didn't get burned at all not even pink. I also love the smell of this and how easy and smooth it goes on. Felt great on my face really smooth and not greasy like most sunscreens. I think this will be my new sunscreen from now on and love the sample bottles as they fit great in my purse. I will be using this all year long from now on really love it but to be safe will put it on more often as it says every 2 hours. It also has antioxidants which is a bonus and great for my skin and makes it feel soft. My daughter also likes this and she stole a couple bottles from me to use on her field day at school.
Heather M.
Heather M.
Fairborn , OH
This is my go to moisturizer of the moment. I tried the clearly brighter challenge, took a pic of myself before trying it and after using it for a week. I was literally amazed at how much brighter my skin was after just a weeks use! I did get to try it free from #Crowdtap and @GarnierUSA, but seriously I have used it ever since! I love that it has SPF in it too because the sun is our skins worst enemy. Also it is thick and a little goes a long way so you save money because of that I think! Oh and it does not change the color of the makeup I put on after like some products with SPF in them do, that was a real concern of mine. This photo is after a week with no makeup yet just freshly cleansed and moisturized with this. The one with the brown shirt on was 8 days before! I couldn't believe the change myself! #sponsor The pictures are in the same exact place in my house too.
Emily M.
Emily M.
Hudsonville, MI
I absolutely love this moisturizer! Since using it I have noticed a change in the brightness and hydration of my skin. It makes my face feel so soft and smooth, and my skin looks so healthy. It definitely has helped with the texture of my skin. I love that along with moisturizing, it also protects my skin from harmful UV rays with the SPF15 in it. It doesn't feel or smell like sunscreen like a lot of other moisturizers with SPF in them do. It isn't sticky, and spreads across my face and rubs in easily. It dries fast too, and doesn't feel greasy either. There is a gentle smell to it, and smells super clean and fresh. It isn't overpowering at all. I would definitely recommend this product to everyone, it's amazing!
I received this product for free from Garnier and Crowdtap to test. This is my own opinion about it though, and I'm so happy with it!
Shamiza D.
Shamiza D.
Briarwood , NY
I first started using this product about a month ago as I had a sample of it from crowdtap for testing and reviewing purposes, at first it cause me to breakout, I am guessing because of the fragrance in it. It seems to have a very high scent at least for me, not a bad one but for me a strong one. Anyway I was suppose to do a 7 day challenge so I continue to use it for the 7 days and as time when on it got better, I didn't breakout anymore. I love that it has spf. It is non greasy, absorbs nicely, not heavy at all. It hasn't rid my face of spots or anything or made me look radiance but my skin is a bit more even in tone. I find that it works better when I am out in the sun, my skin looks better after. I like it and have shared in with friends and family and will continue to do so.
Carla E.
Carla E.
Brooklyn , NY
I absolutely love this product. When I 1st applied I wasn't impressed it was too oily for me and since I suffer from oily skin I was afraid that it wasn't going to work out. It also has a very strong alcoholic scent which I'm not crazy about. While I applied it I noticed that it was very fast absorbing and it left my skin feeling nice and soft. Some moisturizers leave my skin really dry after applying to I was truly impressed. After 7 days I noticed my skin visibly clearer and brighter. I barely break out anymore. The only down side to this is that it burns like crazy. For some reason I'm always rubbing my face a lot which is a bad habit I know and it gets everywhere all over my eyes. So if you're like me don't be rubbing your face. This has become part of my skin care routine.
Lisa W.
Lisa W.
Columbia, TN
I have been using this item for just two days now. When I first applied it yesterday, I was a little concerned due to the way my skin first reacted (a little red on the forehead and made my eyes burn a little bit), today I ensured that I kept it away from my eyes and applied smaller amounts.

I began noticing yesterday evening that my skin felt more smooth. I am currently able to touch my skin and it feels elasticy. It literally took all of the dryness out of my face. Normally I can feel the blemishes and dry skin. Now, I can run my finger down my cheek and feel the difference! I am on a 7 day challenge, and can already confirm this product works! Definitely worth the money! I would pay more than 12.00 for this product!
Kristiina B.
Kristiina B.
Spring, TX
I’ve been really enjoying the experience with Garnier Skin Active Clearly Brighter moisturizer. I’ve definitely noticed that my skin is looking more radiant and my skin tone is more even. The scent is fresh and very pleasant and it absorbs quickly, so I don’t have to wait forever to put my makeup on.
Also a huge plus is that it has SPF15 so I don’t have to worry about applying sunscreen separately. It's especially good for spring and summer.. or whenever it's sunny!
Since it’s oil-free, it’s also great for people with skin prone to breakouts.
I loved using this moisturizer and will continue using it. In fact my skin looks so much better that I can replace my foundation with some lighter coverage BB cream!
Jada C.
Jada C.
Burley, ID
Does it dry out your skin?
Michelle T.
Michelle T.
San Jose, CA
Does this actually make skin look brighter after repeated usage? How long will it take?
Michaela G.
Michaela G.
Gastonia, NC
I have skin that is prone to breaking out easily and I have to be careful what I put on my skin. From your experience, does this product cause breakouts to get worse? Sometimes it's difficult for me to find moisturizers because of my skin.
Stephine K.
Stephine K.
Jacksonville, FL
Thank God, it doesn't have that stinky sunscreen smell! A little goes a long way with this stuff. Dries quickly and leaves skin soft. No complaints at all!
August M.
August M.
Has anyone else noticed their face getting more oily than usual while using this product? Or having trouble blending out powder products such a bronzer on top of this? Let me know! Thanks #amayzing #may #a-may-zing