BY GARNIER #34 in Hair Color

Unlike traditional haircolor, Garnier Olia Oil Powered Permanent Haircolor uses an exclusive 60% oil blend, with natural flower oils in the colorant.  The unique oil-based formula helps propel colorants deep into the hair without ammonia, to promote pure, vivid, long-lasting hair color.  Garnier Olia achieves maximum color performance while the oils help reverse roughness and dullness, visibly improving and restoring hair.

• I have been dying my hair various shades of red for many years. ...2 Answers
  • How well will a lighter ash brown cover a burgundy red?1 Answers
  • Is this hair dye recommendable? Is it as good as good as the orig...2 Answers
Chelsie J.
Chelsie J.
Skiatook, OK
Okay, I am surprised with the reviews on this, I have been dyeing my hair since I was 13, I tried this on a whim thinking it'll be easier, For the most part it was not easier... it in fact for some reason (maybe just my bad luck) but it was hell for me... I did everything normally, Once it was on my hair and I had half of my hair done it started to smell so bad, I had the bathroom door open, Vent on, everything I could and I was gagging, Not a stench smell but a burning smell of the product itself, It was making my nostrils burn and was giving me a headache, I ran out of the bathroom when I couldn't take anymore... I did finish the coloring and I was not surprised there either (that was my fault) I also might add that I did not have any kind of allergic reaction to it, no burning scalp, Nothing. I honestly don't know if this was a bad batch or what, I'm glad everyone else has had positive experiences with it but I personally wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy and I'm going back to my original brand and method.
Elizabeth B.
Elizabeth B.
I've always been a fan of Garnier hair color kits (not sure why), but this product really helped solidify that bias. No joke, this smells AMAZING!! No ammonia smell at all, just a pleasant floral scent. The dye works wonderfully, lasts for quite a while, and colors are pretty true to the chart they put on the box. The only complaints I have are 1.) the gloves (so I purchase my own nitrile gloves) and 2.) the shape of the bottle you mix all the products in, it looks nice but is very difficult to keep hold of when your hands are coated in slippery hair dye. The mixing bottle is the biggest reason I did not give the product 5 stars (if I had the option I would have given 4.5).
Katrina A.
Katrina A.
Lodi, CA
I was pleased with Olia hair color. Application was super easy to do by myself. When you mix it the mix is not runny at all. I had no drips or stains on my skin or shirt....a first!! I used a 5.0 (brown) and it matched my color perfectly. Grey coverage could have been a bit better but it was good enough for me. Leaves your hair super shiny and soft and has no funky hair color smell. The after conditioner lasted me weeks. I just applied it every 3 or 4th wash and a very small amount. It's been about 2 months and I think it's about time to refresh now.
Tammy O.
Tammy O.
Oviedo, FL
I have been coloring my hair for over 20 years and generally either use Garnier Nutrisse or Loreal. This last time I decided to try Olia since it was a Garnier product and on sale. It has been 2 weeks since I applied the color and it is still bleeding terribly every morning when I wash my hair. I travel a lot for work and am embarrassed with how the hotel towels look after washing my hair. I will not buy this product again and do not recommend it.
Amanda Z.
Amanda Z.
Grand Rapids, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
I really like this hair color. It comes with black gloves that are better quality than most hair dye gloves. Zero issues with the gloves tearing or not fitting on my hands. The smell of the dye is less strong than other ones I have used. The color turned out pretty and didn't damage my hair. I have been using this dye for over a year now and love it. It's worth the extra money.
Kimberly A.
Kimberly A.
North Bergen, NJ
This is probably the best drug store hair dye that I have tried. It is easy to use. What I extremely love about this product is that it uses 60% oil to nourish your hair. The color is as shown on the box. After washing and rinsing my hair it has an amazing shine and looks completely healthy! I would definitely buy it again!
Sumaira N.
Sumaira N.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this hair dye from the drugstore Bc it doesn't have ammonia. They have a large color selection. I have tried loreal, revlon and other brands but have concluded that this is the best one out there. I dye my hair just to revive the color and keep my hair looking healthy, no grays yet.

I highly recommend this
Kati H.
Kati H.
Stephenville, TX
Used this yesterday and well, I went to Sally's today to buy some more hair dye. I coated my hair with this very well but it turned so splotchy. Plus my hair is now oily. Kind of expected that since it is oil based but it's still a drawback. Will not use this product again or will I recommend it to anyone.
Sarah B.
Sarah B.
Lancaster, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I bought the garnet red hair dye for dark hair- 1 box does the trick for my hair. The color is great and lasts pretty well, especially for it being a red. I also love how I get the different tones of reds and it isn't a flat color.
Joanna B.
Joanna B.
Cedarville, OH
I use this brand all the time to dye my best friends hair. It's so easy to use and only takes a few minutes to dye! There is enough product to cover long hair and the color lasts for weeks! Amazing product for all hair types
Brittany C.
Brittany C.
Crossnore, NC
I want to dye my hair its currently dark brown almost black color and I want the pretty dark red... does anyone know if this would be a good brand to try?
Valarie H.
Valarie H.
Tulsa, OK
I want to try this, but I like my hair almost purplish red, so how well did this product last??
Tracy R.
Tracy R.
New Glasgow, NS
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this hair color better than other brands ?
Loni R.
Loni R.
I am curious where this was bought? I have not seen it in my local stores. I also would like to know how did it go when you used it, did it dry your hair out at all or did it moisturize your hair of it was already dry?
Melody  Q.
Melody Q.
Auburn, IN
Has anyone tried this! How's the color payoff? Would love to know, I haven't tried the Olia line. Also does it dry out your hair super bad?