BY GARNIER

Unlike traditional haircolor, Garnier Olia Oil Powered Permanent Haircolor uses an exclusive 60% oil blend, with natural flower oils in the colorant.  The unique oil-based formula helps propel colorants deep into the hair without ammonia, to promote pure, vivid, long-lasting hair color.  Garnier Olia achieves maximum color performance while the oils help reverse roughness and dullness, visibly improving and restoring hair.

• I have been dying my hair various shades of red for many years. ...2 Answers
  • How well will a lighter ash brown cover a burgundy red?1 Answers
  • Is this hair dye recommendable? Is it as good as good as the orig...2 Answers
sarahsdill D.
Seattle, WA
I use the medium brown color and love it- only because there is no red in the color. I typically get highlights or balyage but I need to dye my roots to my natural color and this Color is great. A lot of brown colors have a lot of red- this one is neutral. Love that!
Izzie D.
Los Angeles, CA
Review for: 4.3 Dark Golden Brown more...
First time I ever dyed my hair, the acid or chemicals burned and irritated my scalp. My head was too sensitive. However, when o found out about this oil-based product I wanted to give it a try and I loved it. It doesn't irritate my scalp and with proper hair care maintenance the dyes last for a long time. It's affordable and easy to use. I recommend it.
Jaimie H.
Review for: 9.3 Light Golden Blonde more...
I absolutely love this product. I am typically a dark brown haired girl but I love my hair when it's blonde. When I am unable to afford going to the salon to spend $200 plus on coloring and cutting my hair, this is my go-to product and brand. It lifts my root color and provides gorgeous shine and texture.
Caitlyn G.
Harker Hts, TX
Review for: 4.60 Dark Intense Auburn more...
I loved this color!! I'm a natural light-brown brunette and this was the perfect red-brown for a noticeable change. It washes out fairly quickly, but the pricing makes it worth it compared to the salon prices. It's a little bit of a false color so it's not always as natural as I wish it looked.
Mariah C.
Kalispell
Review for: Other more...
We did the teal hair color and initially the color is beautiful. We just found that for some reason the hair color didn't take in some spots and my daughters hair needed to be done again.  The blue also fades rather quickly to black.
Traci T.
Stonewall, LA
Review for: 4.60 Dark Intense Auburn more...
This is my favorite drug store hair dye. It came out a super pretty shade of auburn and it made my hair feel great. Not overly dry like other box dyes. Which is important to me. Over all I was super satisfied with this
Taylir W.
I really like this product. It doesn’t seem to kill or damage my hair and i like the color options it has. The price point is great and you can buy it anywhere. It is easy to apply and the color comes out really nice.
Zaneta O.
Fresh Meadows, NY
I'm mostly unimpressed by this dye. It doesn't have an awful scent and it's not as harsh as some of the ammonia and bleach based dyes out there but it's not nearly as effective. My natural haircolor is medium brown and I used the light blonde Garnier Olia dye and it barely lightened by hair by one shade. Most people didn't even notice I'd done anything to my hair at all so if you are just looking to color grey's and may be give yourself a slightly lighter tone that looks more natural and gradual then perhaps this would be a good choice. This will not really make any drastic change to your color. The contents and applicator bottle were nice and a decent pair of gloves were provided too. It's definitely not substandard materials that you'd expect from a cheap box of dye. I had to use two boxes because I have very long hair. It did stain my skin a little bit so be careful. This due is available at Target and I got a bonus $5 Target gift card by purchasing two boxes.
Chelsie J.
Skiatook, OK
Okay, I am surprised with the reviews on this, I have been dyeing my hair since I was 13, I tried this on a whim thinking it'll be easier, For the most part it was not easier... it in fact for some reason (maybe just my bad luck) but it was hell for me... I did everything normally, Once it was on my hair and I had half of my hair done it started to smell so bad, I had the bathroom door open, Vent on, everything I could and I was gagging, Not a stench smell but a burning smell of the product itself, It was making my nostrils burn and was giving me a headache, I ran out of the bathroom when I couldn't take anymore... I did finish the coloring and I was not surprised there either (that was my fault) I also might add that I did not have any kind of allergic reaction to it, no burning scalp, Nothing. I honestly don't know if this was a bad batch or what, I'm glad everyone else has had positive experiences with it but I personally wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy and I'm going back to my original brand and method.
Ashley C.
Timonium, MD
What a great hair dye! Normally $7.97 at Wal-Mart, but had a coupon on the box for three dollars off, what a deal! I normally use the other Garnier boxed hair dye because it's a little cheaper but this is worth the extra money.

From the gloves, to the product, to even the directions this is so much better. It's very simple to use and can be done by yourself. This actually smells nice and they give you so much amazing conditioner once you rinse. The gloves are much thicker, stronger than regular gloves that come with hair dye. I will definitely be buying this again.

My hair is very black, will update once I know how long the product stays in 😁
Brittany C.
Crossnore, NC
I want to dye my hair its currently dark brown almost black color and I want the pretty dark red... does anyone know if this would be a good brand to try?
Valarie H.
Tulsa, OK
I want to try this, but I like my hair almost purplish red, so how well did this product last??
Tracy R.
New Glasgow, NS
Is this hair color better than other brands ?
Melody  Q.
Auburn, IN
Has anyone tried this! How's the color payoff? Would love to know, I haven't tried the Olia line. Also does it dry out your hair super bad?
Loni R.
I am curious where this was bought? I have not seen it in my local stores. I also would like to know how did it go when you used it, did it dry your hair out at all or did it moisturize your hair of it was already dry?