BY GARNIER #31 in Permanent Hair Color

Shade: 4.15 Dark Soft Mahogany
Our 1st oil powered permanent haircolor for brilliant color and visibly healthier hair.

The oil powered technology propels colorants deep into the hair, without ammonia, giving you pure, vivid, long-lasting color. Olia visibly improves and restores hair as the oils help to reverse roughness and dullness for more brilliant, long-lasting color. Hair is Hydrated, Silky and up to 3X Shinier than unwashed, uncolored hair.

How is Olia different?

Unlike traditional haircolor, Olia uses an exclusive 60% oil blend with natural flower oils to achieve brilliant, radiant color results. The unique non-drip velvet cream formula propels colorants into the hair--without ammonia--with a pleasant sensorial fragrance.

Is this shade right for me?

Garnier Olia shade 4.15, "Dark Soft Mahogany," adds cool, somewhat red tones to your dark brown results for the most brilliant mahogany color with 100% gray coverage. It is best for anyone with natural hair between light brown and black.

If you would like to remain in the dark brown range but would like to try other tones, there are many shades to choose from including 4.0, 4.03, 4.3, 4.35, 4.60, and 4.62.

*For women with currently color treated hair, there are special considerations for the color result you can achieve. Because of this, we do not recommend shade 4.15 for hair that has been previously colored shade 3.0, "Darkest Brown," or darker. For more help, use our Shade Selector Tool to find the perfect shade for you!

• I've used the Olia 4.35 Soft Mahogany but they discontinu...2 Answers
  • How do I keep my ageing hair looking youthful?1 Answers
  • Now that I found the right color, How can I keep my hair ...1 Answers
Destiny O.
Shawnee, OK
This is the first time I've ever tried a  Garnier Olia Oil Powered Permanent Hair Color product, but I've been dying my hair with various products for nearly my entire life. I've had a lot of experience with good, bad, and ugly hair color.

The first thing I noticed about this hair dye is that it doesn't have that ammonia smell that most hair color products have, but it's not completely scent-less. There is a smell, but it isn't as unpleasant as other products I've used and some people may even like the smell... it's really not bad.

I have really, really long hair (33 inches long to be exact) and, surprisingly, only bottle colored my entire head of hair. That's very impressive! The color is even and looks natural. When all was said and done, my hair even appeared to have some very natural-looking highlights. My hair was also very soft and manageable after dying it. I really like the color! It turned out fabulous!

I received  Garnier Olia Oil Powered Permanent Hair Color for  free from  Influenster in exchange for an honest and detailed review.
Carmen L.
Lewisville, TX
I received this haircolor complimentary from a voxbox, but the opinion is all my own, and I was pretty nervous about how dark the color looked on the box. I have also never dyed my hair at home, so it was quite the adventure. I have a lot of grey hairs nowadays and I was excited to try this product out to see if it would work. It did... for about the first week. I was so excited that the color wasn't as dark as I feared, and basically just took my hair to being back to my normal color, minus my greys. HOWEVER, after a week of using my color protecting shampoo and the conditioner provided in the box, I started using a hair serum during blow drying and suddenly my greys were showing again. I am a bit let down by this because it's the one thing I was hoping would make save me from dying it at the salon.  The application process was pretty easy, and I felt like I got a pretty even coverage from it.
Sena M.
Ann Arbor, MI
This product is 60% natural flower oils, no ammonia. Which may be the reason why I didn't feel as much scalp-tingling as I got using other DIY hair dyes. I did notice Olia makes you wait a wee bit longer. Most products I've used makes you wait for 20-25min, advising to go over only if your hair is very dark. Olia requires 30 min straight off the bat. Perhaps it's less damaging on the hair?

(See attached picture) Here's my hair before Olia. It was red...ish, not very even. My hair is straight and a bit dry, frizzy at the ends. I've seen reviews that say Olia, as an oil-based dye, may weigh down your hair if it's greasy to begin with.

(See attached picture) This is after Olia "Dark Soft Mahogany."It's actually very reminiscent of my original hair, which I haven't seen in a long while. Nothing exciting, but I like it :) Please keep in mind that this is me second day in without shampooing... I usually wash my hair everyday but I was pressed for time.

With this (slightly) new color palette,  (slightly) different makeup colors suit me now. I've got a less warmer palette overall. There is no way a hair dye would restore damage hair; the most it will do is inflict less damage with good color payoff.

I think I got a decent payoff even with my dark hair :) Recommend.
Jennifer H.
Simi Valley, CA
It's been a looong time since I've used home hair color, mostly due to a combo of stubborn, resistant gray, and a love affair with balayage.  I'm here to say that this was the perfect band aid for roots, when you can't get to the salon.  The shade I received looked a bit darker than I expected, but ended up blending beautifully into my roots, without leaving any trace or line of where the color stopped.  I applied to my roots for 15 min, and then combed  through the color to about the middle of my hair, and let that sit another 15 min.  There was no strong scent, and the application process was a piece of cake.  A few of my grays remain, but definitely seem tinted and less noticeable, if not totally covered.  If I have trouble getting into the salon, I'll definitely be reaching for this savior in a pinch next time!
Courtney L.
I tried the Garnier Olia hair color last night. The picture on the box looked very similar to the color I usually use, but once I finished the process, my hair was so much darker than I expected.

I liked using the applicator. It was a lot less messy and easier to do than using a brush. They even give you gloves, so it made the application process very easy.

The color was darker than I expected and I must not have applied it evenly, so I have some random light colors in my hair, but not in a cool highlight way. I also thought their was no depth to the color. It’s very flat.

It did not say to use shampoo to wash out the color, so I just rinsed it until the water ran clear and then used the conditioner. When I washed my hair the next day, more color came out, which was a good thing.

I’m getting used to seeing the dark hair on myself, and I don’t think it looks as matte today. Maybe by tomorrow I will love it.
Penny B.
Darlington, WI
Thank you @Garnier for the @Olia hair color!  I just colored my hair this morning.  Right away I noticed that this product did not have a strong odor like most other hair colors do and I found that refreshing!  I placed the color on my hair (grays first) and then the remainder of my hair.  While the color is beautiful, my only disappointment was the fact that it didn't cover my grays as well as I would have liked.  I have stubborn greys in the front.  Other than that, I really enjoyed this product and loved the smell of the Step 3 conditioner that was included.  Thanks!
Heather W.
Ona, WV
I received this product complimentary for survey purposes. I liked it. It already matched my hair color spot on. It was not harsh on my hair or scalp. No harsh or overwhelming smell. It covered my grey well. And my hair was very soft and very very shiny after. I have thick long layered hair and sometimes my hair dresser has to mix up extra color for me and this covered all my hair. It’s really pretty when the light reflects. Even though I didn’t pay for this I checked the price and it’s very affordable around $7 and change. When the sun light hits my hair the highlights are vibrant.Garnier Olia Oil Powered Permanent Hair Color
Darlene D.
Upland, PA
I couldn't believe the way my hair looked and felt after trying Garnier Olia. Usually my hair grabs a lot of color and it looks darker then what is shown, but with Garnier Olia the color came out just as I expected. What I love about Garnier Olia is that it uses flower oils to help make your hair look and feel softer. The oils in it helps to restore the look and feel of my hair, leaving it soft and silky with no dullness. There is no ammonia in it, so you don't have that nasty smell after coloring. My hair feels more hydrated and silky then it has before. I love how brilliant the color looks.
Teonsha T.
I received this dye to test and review for free from Influenster. First thing I noticed about this before applying it was the smell. It doesn't have a chemical smell to it like most home hair dye kits instead the smell is very pleasant. I like that it doesn't leave my feeling rough and dried out like most dyes but soft and shiny. It's also ammonia free and contains a variety of flower oils which helps your hair stay shinier and healthier. The color is true to its name. The application of the dye is also very easy and doesn't take a genius to figure out. Overall a very good home dye kit. Will be my go to dye for now on loved it.
Michele W.
Des Moines , IA
I had received this in a voxbox from Influenster for free for review.

I really like this! The color is gorgeous and I love that the dye doesn’t have too chemically of a smell (it smells pretty good actually). The dye was easy to apply and wasn’t a huge mess. After washing my hair with the conditioner that comes with it, my hair was soooo soft and shined! It’s just a fraction of the price of the salon, but you’d never be able to tell the difference. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who likes to color their hair at home! You could find this at Walmart or Target or any drug store.
Naomi R.
Ankeny, IA
How long does this color last before it starts to fade?
Krista G.
Carrollton, TX
I've used the Olia 4.35 Soft Mahogany but they discontinued it. Is this a good replacement and where do you find it?
Christy N.
Russell, PA
Now that I found the right color, How can I keep my hair looking this nice without dying it every month?
Christy N.
Russell, PA
How do I keep my ageing hair looking youthful?