BY GARNIER

Shade: 2.0 - Soft Black

Our 1st oil powered permanent haircolor for brilliant color and visibly healthier hair.

The oil powered technology propels colorants deep into the hair, without ammonia, giving you pure, vivid, long-lasting color. Olia visibly improves and restores hair as the oils help to reverse roughness and dullness for more brilliant, long-lasting color. Hair is Hydrated, Silky and up to 3X Shinier than unwashed, uncolored hair.

How is Olia different?

Unlike traditional haircolor, Olia uses an exclusive 60% oil blend with natural flower oils to achieve brilliant, radiant color results. The unique non-drip velvet cream formula propels colorants into the hair--without ammonia--with a pleasant sensorial fragrance.

Is this shade right for me?

Garnier Olia shade 2.0, “Soft Black,” is one shade lighter than Olia shade 1.0 and has a natural tone. It provides 100% gray coverage. Shade 2.0 is best for anyone with natural hair between light brown and black. If you prefer a lighter color that still reflects naturally, try shade 3.0, "Darkest Brown."

*For women with currently color treated hair, there are special considerations for the color result you can achieve. For more help, use our Shade Selector Tool to find the perfect shade for you!

Developer: 1071397 Aqua/water/eau, Paraffinum Liquidum/mineral Oil/huile Minerale, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogen Peroxide, Steareth-20, Peg-4 Rapeseedamide, Glycerin, Polyquaternium-6, Hexadimethrine Chloride, Tocopherol, Pentasodium Pentetate, Sodium Stannate, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Phosphoric Acid. F.i.l.# D42424/9

After Color Conditioner: 1119728 a Aqua/water/eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Tocopherol, Trideceth-6, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/sunflower Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Amodimethicone, Isopropyl Alcohol, Parfum/fragrance, Citric Acid, Cetrimonium Chloride. F.i.l.# D180530/1 Us Patents: 7,223,385; 7,485,289

Colorant: 1183614 a Paraffinum Liquidum/mineral Oil/huile Minerale, Aqua/water/eau, Ethanolamine, Toluene-2,5-diamine, Decyl Glucoside, Resorcinol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Parfum/fragrance, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Sodium Metabisulfite, Edta, 2,4-diaminophenoxyethanol Hcl, M-aminophenol, Ascorbic Acid, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/sunflower Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba Seed Oil/meadowfoam Seed Oil, Passiflora Incarnata/passiflora Incarnata Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Thioglycerin, Tocopherol. F.i.l.# D181041/1 Us Patents: 7,060,107; 7,988,737; 7,988,738; 8,066,781; 8,114,170; 7,494,513 Us Pat Pending

Usage: Applying Olia: A Sensorial Experience

Olia transforms coloring your hair into a new sensorial experience. The drop-shaped applicator gives you maximum control. Because Olia is ammonia-free, it won't irritate your scalp and there is no harsh ammonia smell. Instead, Olia has a delicate floral scent. And, its non-drip, velvety cream texture helps provide optimal comfort during application.

Follow this step-by-step process when applying color at home:

1) Always do a skin test 48 hours before.
2) Apply to dry, unwashed hair.
3) Apply gloves, pour developer and colorant in mixing jar.
4) Break off the tip and shake the bottle vigorously.
5) Start applying color at the roots, then away from roots to the tips.
6) Extend color through to the ends and massage into hair.
7) Leave formula on for 30 minutes.
8) Massage hair thoroughly before rinsing to optimize rinsing process.
9) Rinse hair thoroughly until water runs clear.
10) Apply conditioner after color and leave on for two minutes, then rinse thoroughly.

• How did you feel about this product? I am looking for a g...1 Answers
  • I am looking for a hair color to hide my husband's "salt ...4 Answers
Katie L.
Weare, NH
This hair I can’t wait to test out! Heard good things and that it was easy use! Color is perfect:) and on point and matches my hair, so much better then dollar store and I would buy again 100%!!!!!!!!!!
Gates R.
Madison, AL
I really love the fact that even on day 3 after dying it and not using shampoo my hair is still beautifully glossy, the only thing I don't like is the fact in the showers I've had it seems like my hair is falling out more than normal. Before this product my hair was corn silk straight and now it has random waves in it. I'm not sure how I feel about that last part.
Jessica W.
Johnstown, PA
I love this hair dye! I dye my hair once a month so I'm always looking for something that won't damage my hair. I also have some gray hair so I'm always looking for good coverage. This dye gave me great results with no damage! Plus it smells great! The color range is rich and fantastic. I'm sold!
Ferdelle L.
Los Angeles, CA
This not only smelled great but also turned my hair a rich natural color. No drips and easy to mix! The color was very dark so don’t leave it in too long. I have natural highlights from living in California and being in the sun and it still complimented by highlights without erasing them!
Courtney S.
Greensboro, NC
I’m impressed with the quality of this box dye. It left y hair shiny, and bouncy. The color worked on my hair without being patchy. Instructions were easy to follow
Madeline M.
This product seemed really nice, but I got sent black hair dye even though I had indicated that my hair is already black. The dye seemed easy to use based on the instructions and a cursory look at the product, but I'm disappointed to say that it simply wasn't functional for me.
Samantha C.
Stonewood, WV
Received this product for free to try from Influenster! Absolutely loved it. Only took one box to cover my thick hair, Color is beautiful and long lasting, would definitely recommend.
Makayla M.
I loved the soft black color on my tan skin. The Garnier Olia Oil Powered Permanent Hair color was fantastic and good to my hair. After the process of coloring my hair was silky soft and not dried out. I will buy this product again in the future. 10/10.
Becca E.
St Petersburg, FL
This is my favorite hair color because it increases the shine in my hair, making it look so healthy! I also like that it is oil powered and AMMONIA FREE. This is now an absolute must in any permanent hair color I buy. VERY impressed with this product.
Haley D.
Mobile, AL
My hair is so soft! I have always loved this brand. This is my first time self coloring my hair and I must say the box did a better job than the salon! I went from a light brown almost blond to the soft black and I’m 100% sure I’m going to stick with this color!
Deb Q.
sonoma, ca
I am looking for a hair color to hide my husband's "salt and pepper" color that won't fade quickly. Are the results of this product reliable? More than wasting money, I don't want to waste our time on a product that won't last. Is this a good product for us?
Janelle P.
How did you feel about this product? I am looking for a good drug store black hair dye and have heard a lot about this particular one. Just curious on other opinions!

Amazon