BY GARNIER

Shade: 2.0 - Soft Black

Our 1st oil powered permanent haircolor for brilliant color and visibly healthier hair.

The oil powered technology propels colorants deep into the hair, without ammonia, giving you pure, vivid, long-lasting color. Olia visibly improves and restores hair as the oils help to reverse roughness and dullness for more brilliant, long-lasting color. Hair is Hydrated, Silky and up to 3X Shinier than unwashed, uncolored hair.

How is Olia different?

Unlike traditional haircolor, Olia uses an exclusive 60% oil blend with natural flower oils to achieve brilliant, radiant color results. The unique non-drip velvet cream formula propels colorants into the hair--without ammonia--with a pleasant sensorial fragrance.

Is this shade right for me?

Garnier Olia shade 2.0, “Soft Black,” is one shade lighter than Olia shade 1.0 and has a natural tone. It provides 100% gray coverage. Shade 2.0 is best for anyone with natural hair between light brown and black. If you prefer a lighter color that still reflects naturally, try shade 3.0, "Darkest Brown."

*For women with currently color treated hair, there are special considerations for the color result you can achieve. For more help, use our Shade Selector Tool to find the perfect shade for you!

Developer: 1071397 Aqua/water/eau, Paraffinum Liquidum/mineral Oil/huile Minerale, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogen Peroxide, Steareth-20, Peg-4 Rapeseedamide, Glycerin, Polyquaternium-6, Hexadimethrine Chloride, Tocopherol, Pentasodium Pentetate, Sodium Stannate, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Phosphoric Acid. F.i.l.# D42424/9

After Color Conditioner: 1119728 a Aqua/water/eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Tocopherol, Trideceth-6, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/sunflower Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Amodimethicone, Isopropyl Alcohol, Parfum/fragrance, Citric Acid, Cetrimonium Chloride. F.i.l.# D180530/1 Us Patents: 7,223,385; 7,485,289

Colorant: 1183614 a Paraffinum Liquidum/mineral Oil/huile Minerale, Aqua/water/eau, Ethanolamine, Toluene-2,5-diamine, Decyl Glucoside, Resorcinol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Parfum/fragrance, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Sodium Metabisulfite, Edta, 2,4-diaminophenoxyethanol Hcl, M-aminophenol, Ascorbic Acid, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/sunflower Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba Seed Oil/meadowfoam Seed Oil, Passiflora Incarnata/passiflora Incarnata Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Thioglycerin, Tocopherol. F.i.l.# D181041/1 Us Patents: 7,060,107; 7,988,737; 7,988,738; 8,066,781; 8,114,170; 7,494,513 Us Pat Pending

Usage: Applying Olia: A Sensorial Experience

Olia transforms coloring your hair into a new sensorial experience. The drop-shaped applicator gives you maximum control. Because Olia is ammonia-free, it won't irritate your scalp and there is no harsh ammonia smell. Instead, Olia has a delicate floral scent. And, its non-drip, velvety cream texture helps provide optimal comfort during application.

Follow this step-by-step process when applying color at home:

1) Always do a skin test 48 hours before.
2) Apply to dry, unwashed hair.
3) Apply gloves, pour developer and colorant in mixing jar.
4) Break off the tip and shake the bottle vigorously.
5) Start applying color at the roots, then away from roots to the tips.
6) Extend color through to the ends and massage into hair.
7) Leave formula on for 30 minutes.
8) Massage hair thoroughly before rinsing to optimize rinsing process.
9) Rinse hair thoroughly until water runs clear.
10) Apply conditioner after color and leave on for two minutes, then rinse thoroughly.

• I am looking for a hair color to hide my husband's "salt ...4 Answers
Buy on ULTA
Nycki M.
Brighton, NY
This dye was amazing! Not only did it look amazing, my hair was still super hydrated after. Compare to other products of this type my hair looked exceptional healthy, hydrated and just much better than I expected. I honestly might make it my new go to hair coloring product!
Vanja L.
Des plaines, IL
The product smells really nice and did a great job of fully covering my hair. I like that it is ammonia free but the reason I give it four stars instead of five is because it isn't anything special. It did its job and I'm content with it. I would purchase it again
Jenny K.
Bethesda, MD
I received this product as a part of an influenster VOBOX campaign. I have to say, it is one of the best at home coloring systems I have had. The black was not overpowering (more like my natural Asian color) and did an amazing job at covering up grays in my mother (there was more than enough for two people with small heads in the bottles). So far, hair texture is largely preserved (and I also do weekly hair masks) but I will update if I find that the texture starts to deteriorate as the weeks go on.
heather G.
I was very impressed with this hair dye from Garnier. The color was very natural looking and it left my hair very soft. It adds a nice layer of moisture that left my hair super shiny. I would definitely recommend this product for a hair dye for darker haired girls.
Lillian W.
I’ve used the Olia hair dye from Garnier before. This product is gentle and the colors deposit as expected. It’s a great quality product- I especially like that they include a conditioner since hair dyes tend to try out and add more damage to your hair.
Dara C.
Mount Juliet, TN
Thanks to @Influenster, I received a, free, box of Garnier hair color. I was pleasantly surprised by the coverage, the fragrance wasn't overwhelming and the color is unbelievably beautiful. I'm satisfied with every aspect. Added bonus: it conditions and repairs! Thank you, Garnier for stepping up the game! Garnier Olia Oil Powered Permanent Hair Color
Amy W.
This was my first time using box hair dye and I am in LOVE! My hair looks salon fresh, the color is gorgeous! My hair feels soft and silky and not damaged. The instructions were vrry easy as well. I highly recommend this product!
Kelsey l.
Troy, MO
Loveeeee my new hair color!! It is the most perfect shade for me. It was so easy to use, my husband was able to dye my hair for me. I feel like it is a much better shade than the other brands. I got this product for free and I will definitely be buying sometime!
Maria L.
San Diego, CA
Received this item complimentary by Influenster for review purposes. My hair is dark brown. So, when I saw I got a black hair dye it was a no from me. I did however tried out the hair dye on my mother. She normally dyes her hair black. So, it was perfect to test this hair dye. She loved how great the coverage was on her hair due to having a great amount of gray hairs on the sides of her hair. Great product. Would recommend to others.
Lorane B.
I loved this line of Garnier color. The color is very moisturizing I like the oil in the pack. That's the first company I see put oil in the color. It is conditioning on my hair I would definitely make garnier olia my staple color.
Deb Q.
sonoma, ca
I am looking for a hair color to hide my husband's "salt and pepper" color that won't fade quickly. Are the results of this product reliable? More than wasting money, I don't want to waste our time on a product that won't last. Is this a good product for us?